The A&K M249 Review

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any word on Hurricane speed gears? How about one of those Li-poly 11,1V batteries by Firefox? Anyone tried one of those?

Forgot asking the most important thing: do you think it makes sense ordering fromWGC or UNC instead of Gunners? Do they really test the chicoms prior to shipping?

WGC/UNC only use express shipping for guns, wich is more thoroughfully searched than airmail by spanish customs.

Edited by chas
Id like to see pics and diagrams please bjorn, I havent done this mod yet. Thanks

You want pics of mosfet or how it was installed?

You can get instructions on how to make a mosfet from airsoftmechanics.com and basically i did so that I have a M249 Para. THe battery is in the boxmag. So since the foregrip is empty I wired the mosfet to be in there. Thats basically it.

Bjorn

bjorn, what mostfet are you using (who's design)? I've got one that I made off Gandalf's design (from airsoftmechanics.com). What's funny is that I noticed an error on his schematic that he didn't catch. While his production units have worked just fine, he drew the schematic wrong! :D Gandalf's a good guy, and I've dealt with Psypher as well. I don't think Psypher is allowing people to use his design, and I think someone else has taken over manufacturing them for him as he is working on a new project now.

###### I seem to have hit a problem with my M249....

If you look at the hop unit there is a ridgey spine type thing which slots into a groove on the part just inside of the box mag feed well, for some reason the gearbox/nozzle lifts the hop unit out of the groove and prevents anything feeding into the chamber, having spent three hours trying to fix this and throwing the gun across the room twice (I'm not sure if I'm happy or not nothings broken) I'm at a total loss at how to fix this...any ideas?

Thanks for the advice, Ill shove this one when it arrives in something a little cheaper to see what snot comes out, not looking for a snotted gearbox yet.

Im going to start a new thread in the foxhole regarding upgrading the mechbox, many many thanks to Fareast for this superb review but I dont want to be accused of cluttering it with unwanted babble.

What's the largest 9.6v battery that can be fit in the handguard of the Para version? What capacity and configuration? I'm going to ditch my 8.4v soon (after I see there are no problems with the upgrades I've put in it), and then put a 9.6v in it.

What's the largest 9.6v battery that can be fit in the handguard of the Para version? What capacity and configuration? I'm going to ditch my 8.4v soon (after I see there are no problems with the upgrades I've put in it), and then put a 9.6v in it.

Well, if it's a "normal" battery (2 rows of cells side-by-side) then a mini pack is all you'll get in there.

If it's a nunchuk type battery (and I'm guessing here, based on the batteries for the crane stock of my M4) You'd probably get something like a 2200mah battery in.

Personally, I'd suggest running a battery wire to the boxmag and then stuffing the biggest 9.6v battery in the world in there. Well, up to around 4000mah, anyway. ;)

You can fit a 9.6v nun chuck battery in the para foregrip.

Can you (or anyone else) tell me the size of the nunchuck that fits. Either the physical measurements or the cell type.

My M249 Para is ordered but I'm not sure which of the nunchuck batteries will fit. I generally get my stuff here..

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_etc_.html

They have 3 different 9.6v nunchucks in AA, 4/5AF or AF size cells. if you click the picture of the battery you get a pop up window with sizes in.

Paul

How large a battery will fit in the Mk2's stock? If not a large, how easy would it be to modify the stock to take a large type? Failing that I guess i'm sticking with small battery's as I'll be buggered i'm paying 60 quid for a CA stock.

Edited by Kye