The A&K M249 Review

Again, I'd drop the gears and not worry about replacing them till your stock ones break. that'll save you a bit of money.

Also, don't worry about the "spring set". I've never had one of those springs fail on me. Unless you lose one, you'll probably not need to replace one for a long time to come.

Everything else looks fine.

Just a note. Anything that is V2 (version2) compatible will work in your gearbox.

Also, read up on fixing box mag issues. somone a few posts up mentioned this. the box mags are good, but hit and miss.

About the gears, since i'm buying them fron china (Italian shops are far from cheap), i'd rather buy my whole rifle gear and tactical equipment in a single pack (shipping costs to italy are quite expensive), and i'd feel happier if i knew that as soon as my stock gears break, i have new ones ready.

About the piston.. the Guarder one (Guarder Full Teeth Polycarbonate Piston for Maruic AEG Series (Enco Ver)) says only that it's compatible with TM AEGs, so i'm uncertain here... also i've found an Element Full Teeth Lightweight Piston for V2\3 AEG Gerabox (which seems pretty cheap) and a G&P Polyacetal High Pressure Piston for AEG Gearbox (New Type), which i don't really know what's for.

Should i wait for the stock piston & piston head to break too, or should i replace them after a few tests with the gun?

About the mag.. doesen't the review say how to fix it?

Edited by Alaric0ita0
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's TM compatible it'll work in your gearbox, as long as it's v2 TM compatible. So in short, yes the Guarder piston WILL work.

I would replace the piston and piston head as soon as you make sure your gun is working. The review has info in it on how to fix box mag issues. Make sure you have a problem before you start messing with it though.

If it's TM compatible it'll work in your gearbox, as long as it's v2 TM compatible. So in short, yes the Guarder piston WILL work.

I would replace the piston and piston head as soon as you make sure your gun is working. The review has info in it on how to fix box mag issues. Make sure you have a problem before you start messing with it though.

Ok! Hopefully i'll not receive a faulty mag...

I plan to exploit the warranty (which lasts 5 days) by firing all BBs i can (without exxaggerating xD), so if the gun has some internal faults, it'll break and the shop will replace it (it's a shop in S. Marino).

You helped me very very much! Thank you for the tips!

Edited by Alaric0ita0
  • 2 weeks later...

just a quick question but what are the inner barrel lengths for a para and a mk1/2 to bring the inner barrel to the bottom of the flash hider? is the mk1/2 actually longer or do they use the para inner barrel in both? just im looking for a new inner barrel for a mk1/2 conversion that goes up the inner barrel as far as possible to the flash hider :D

cheers

millest

• 5 months later...
I have these same questions as well. I thought I saw that all internal parts for these are the same as a Ver.2 takes. So I would think the nozzle would be the same as well. I just want to make sure before I buy a bore up kit.

Also I am wanting to know if the CA249 hop-up unit takes a hop-up nub the same as all othe hop-up units, and not like the A&K/ECHO1 M249 hop-up does?

I don't believe this has been answered yet?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Bit of a noobish first post however, I've been lucky enough to pick one of the Mk.IIs up second hand with any issues fixed and it's been running like a dream whenever I've had it out.

Though I've been looking to replace the feed tray cover with a railed one and despite searches (as thorough as I can search with various bits of course work begging for attention) I still haven't got the foggiest as to how I go about removing the origonal and replacing it with a new one.

Any help with this would be great. :)