The A&K M249 Review

I have seen someone on ASCUK say that they got an 8.4v 3700mah battery into their MK.2 stock, maybe A+K have updated the design slightly? To be honest considering airsoft mart is getting lipols and charges in, you could buy a lipol charger and a 7.4v 2150mah pack for the same as a large pack (£60) from any retailer unless they are component shop or stock vapex. The 7.4v lipol is roughly the same dimensions as the mini, but almost twice the longetivity and should give a rof similar to that of a large 9.6 if I am following Xaccer's maths correctly from a thread in technical

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a mk2

Kye - no there is only 1 conecter that runs to the rear stock

RSM - i cant even get a 8.4 1800 large in my stock

Gaffa - im getting peq batteries soon i will keep you posted if they fit *fingers crossed*

i can get 3 x 8.4v 1500mAh mini's in my stock and have enought room for conectors

i can also get 2 x 9.6v 1400mAh mini's in the stock gets a bit tight with angles but still enought room to wire them both up

Why on earth would you be worried about a bit of rust on a minimi?

Just rub it off with a rag sprayed with WD40 and the gun will look 10 times better than it does all shiny and new.

Stealth makes a good point for eradicating rust on the steel bits-

However it must be accompanied by a grave warning:

WD40 kills airsoft gun internals, period- So the benefit of killing off some weencie bits of rust should be weighed thoroughly against the possibility of killing off the whole gun if (and that's a big 'ol if) said oil should make its way via moving parts to the inside of your gun.

Slainte!

Stealth makes a good point for eradicating rust on the steel bits-

However it must be accompanied by a grave warning:

WD40 kills airsoft gun internals, period- So the benefit of killing off some weencie bits of rust should be weighed thoroughly against the possibility of killing off the whole gun if (and that's a big 'ol if) said oil should make its way via moving parts to the inside of your gun.

Erm, you mean WD40 can cause rubber things to swell slightly.

So, worst case scenario, you'll need a new piston O ring and maybe a new hop sleeve.

Let's try to be objective about this stuff, eh? ;)

i have no issues what so ever with my 2500 rd. box mag! feeds perfect after the mod.

My A&K boxmag works perfectly too. I know Pablo was having some problems with his though. Mind you, his gun was firing at silly RPMs.

My biggest hassle with the A&K boxmag is the size of the damned thing. If you're shooting the gun from the hip it's REALLY uncomfortable. There's just no way to hold the foregrip unless you have rubber wrists.

I'm sure the reason most people are talking about cloth mags is for reasons of comfort and ergonomics rather than cos of any technical problems.

*EDIT*

On a totally unrelated note, I just found THIS page.

10 rounds of linked 5.56mm ammo for £7. Bargain!

Stealth - How do you actually buy those rounds/ products? I would assume its a phone - order service or face to face selling or something...

Found out that in actually fact, that area around the slide of the cocking handle is not rust. Every time I pull back the cocking handle and release when I cannot pull back no more, I little bit of red, or dark orange "dust" can be seen. Even if you just blow on the area, you will notice it change from black to orange... Anyone have any ideas about - what the hell that is? Thanks.

thank you far east for review i was on the fence about buying one and after reading youre review i got one. of course i had the same problems as you with the gun firing by just putting it in the case. i was wondering if you know if i can put all the classic army upgrades on this gun ie: the metal upper and lower rails, i have mk2, do u think i can put para stock on it. once again thank you and any input would be appreciated from you and others. :rolleyes:

how does the front pistol grip attach to the para?

anyone know where i can get a cheap grip and elcan over here in the uk as id like an elcan rather then my current acog?

cheers

millest

I made a bracket RIS that can take a grip, pics and info here

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0&start=300