The A&K M249 Review

Stock config, running on 2200mah 9.6V NICD battery, about 1k rounds, 2 first teeth from the sector gear snapped off from the bottom and due to that the hole piston shred in a few rounds or so. replaced the sector gear with G&P that was lying around and put a TM stock piston in. ATM have gone about 2k through, with ICS stock spring that gives 96m/s with 0.2g bb-s measured. Going good atm.

Bjorn

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a few questions about the SAW (I have a friend who's getting one for our n00b squad).

Alright, first and most important, batteries. What mods need to be done to the fullstock MkII to hold a large 9.6V battery? Can any mods be done at all to make it fit?

While my buddy likes the MKII a bit more, he'd easily go for the para if it had better battery capacity. We buy our batteries from cheapbatterypacks.com because they custom make batteries for no extra charge, so we can get anything we need.

This looks like the battery configuration that you have:

doubnunchuk.gif

So, can we get away with SC size cells, or will we have to settle with 4/5As?

Oh, and where can a guy get one of these ranger foregrips? I've looked and I can't find 'em.

Edited by Bareknuckle

Your ranger grip can be found here

http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/g-p-jungle-s...grip-gp241.html

no info on retailer, type in m249 ranger grip on google for more hits

see my gallery for my solution to ranger grip sourcing

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...i&img=10444

The weight of the PARA, unloaded, with no boxmag attached, is about 6.55kgs, 14.35lbs. With a fully loaded (2500) boxmag, attached, it is roughly 7.1kgs, 15.65lbs. The boxmag itself weighs about 50g, i'd say.

Just to add, the Ranger Grip on that website posted on page 8 is the G&P version.

Edited by Gaffa
what size of battery cell did you use in your para front grip

You can fit a 9.6v nun chuck battery in the para foregrip. The maH on my one is 2300 and it lasted all day but i'd take a spare just in case. Is anyone else having problems with M4 magazines feeding? Mine likes a Dboys hi cap that i've got but doesn't like Star or Mag midcaps, they wobble about far too much and don't reach the feed tube without being held in.

First test today on the field: this is BIG, this is HEAVY, this is BULKY, but this is the sex! Good range (i use modified hop-up & 1J systema spring), good rof.

AND NOW THE DRAWBACK: I lost some little parts (one from the rotating stuff under the flashhider, and the little piece at the end of the screw that hold the stock... sorry my english lacks of technical words)

anyway, love it. Now my arms and shoulders are killin me.....

Edited by P-E
Hey, where can a guy get the Classic Army MKII stock so that large 9.6V batteries can fit. Has anyone come up with a mod to the A&K stock to fix that problem?

Where'd you get the CA SAW hop-up?

Don't know but the G&P stock works fine, looks great and is pretty solid.

G&P M249 Stock

Edited by Libris
Well it turns out that my friend was correct. You can fit a 9.6v large battery into the stock. The battery itself needs plastic end caps to be removed, then it just about fits down the narrow part of the stock, it is a pain in the *albartroth* to remove afterwards due to the slight angle on the narrow part of the stock, but it does go in. :D

I have a few questions about the SAW (I have a friend who's getting one for our n00b squad).

Alright, first and most important, batteries. What mods need to be done to the fullstock MkII to hold a large 9.6V battery? Can any mods be done at all to make it fit?

While my buddy likes the MKII a bit more, he'd easily go for the para if it had better battery capacity. We buy our batteries from cheapbatterypacks.com because they custom make batteries for no extra charge, so we can get anything we need.

:)

Don't know but the G&P stock works fine, looks great and is pretty solid.

G&P M249 Stock

Presumably you've fitted a G+P to and A+K M249, how was it for you? I tried one and found the fitment to be slightly off leaving a gap between stock mount and receiver as well as a little big of side to side play.

I used my Mk2 at CSW this weekend and with an afternoons worth of play i went through 5000bb's without a problem. I used a 9.6v battery in the stock and it worked really well using suppressing fire. I also swapped the box mag for a CA 1500bb cloth mag and this fed 100%.

All in all a cracking AEG.

As the yellows were trying to storm the bridge I think i took out about 13 people within 10 mins. the 2 guys sharing the tower i was in couldn't believe the sound of it or the rate of fire.

Presumably you've fitted a G+P to and A+K M249, how was it for you? I tried one and found the fitment to be slightly off leaving a gap between stock mount and receiver as well as a little big of side to side play.

It is slightly off and a couple of thin washers fixed the side play. I think the quality and appearance is much better than the A&K standard one.