The A&K M249 Review

The front sight is most definitely not aluminium, some sort of tin pot metal, exposure to caustic soda will strip that top layer of silver right off leaving a nice brown smut. A good scrub in soapy water and into the sulfuric bath it goes, turn on the power and it nearly dissolves the reaction is that great, large ammounts of metals fizzing off it.

Not good, sprayed it up instead. Looks so good now you wonder why it wasnt done before.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm planning on getting one of these over the next couple of weeks, and intend on using it in its proper role os support weapon. I plan on the getting the RoF as high as possible and was wondering, firstly would it be worth sticking a stock TM spring in and swiss cheesing an Element piston i have?

Secondly what size was the 9.6v nunchuk battery you managed to fit in the foregrip under the barrel?

Cheers Sean

Cheers, in that case i'll try and get a systema turbo motor and an element set of high speed gears.

What was the capacty of the battery you managed to fit in the foregrip though? I've seen a nice cheap 9.6v 2000mAh nunchuk battery from cmponent shop and just need to check the size.

Thats eactly what I have, I think...it might be a 1500 though I will need to check.

I have a 4000mah 9.6v battery slotted tidily into the boxmag and a neat wire running out of the boxmag into the foregrip with a mini-connector on the end to hook up to the stock battery connector.

A 2000mah nun-chuck pack will fit in the foregrip but, IMO, if you're using the gun in a support role then you want to fit the biggest battery you can get which means stuffing one in the boxmag. ;)

time for two more quick questions:

1 - mr stealthbomber, did you ever solve the problem with midcaps locking in place? if so what was the fix?

2 - after confirming my paras flash hider has a left had thread and i dont have a left hand tap set does anyone know where i can get a replacement flash-hider for my para for me to do my sound hog conversion?

thanks

millest

i have rewired my ak 249 para and replaced the fuse and holder to the blade type used for cars ,replaced the micro switch with a high temp one rated at 30amp which i got from rs components and run mine on a 11.1v 2200mah li-poly battery which is still located in the hand gaurd.It has been like this for about two months now and has had about 25 000 bbs through it with now problems

Ok just to give you all a head up. I'm in the process of writting a "how to" on modifying the hopunit to take generic hop nubs.

I will be using the Madbull Shark accelerator nub for this how to and so far Im getting pretty amazing results. It will require you to drill part of the hop unit assembly and you will need to make specific custom parts. But the mod will give you the same results as standard AEG hop units.

Does anyone know of a 2500+ mah battery could fit into the 9.6v stock? Im no engineer for guns and looking for a battery that can fit into the standard MKII stock and still have long stopping power. I heard some cranes could fit. Maybe a custom battery? Any ideas.. thanks

Any one know of a good high speed box mag that will fit the saw? The A&K one just can't keep up with the saws demand for bb's.