Battle-Worn Picture Thread

Aftermarket... possibly EVERYTHING. id say that that is a real steel folding stock from a Ak47s. Looks like a AKM pistol grip. You've played around with the top receiver either Element or just ingenuity and a load of mil put, possibly attacked the body with a pencil or... A light dusting of silver paint and the cocking handle looks suspicious.

Yes for someone who doesn't own an AK i know my *sh#t*...

now wheres my +1 i will also except a 1up. :D

My contribution, all natural wear from years of skirmishing, cleaning and servicing.

she has the original body but has been though 2 gearboxes and 3 new hop-up units as well as a load of lovely internal updates to keep up with the times.

dsc00345nr6.jpg

dsc00346sb4.jpg

dsc00348bu0.jpg

wuv k

Edited by kie
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flashhider and front sight... how was i meant to know that <_<

Looks nice an rugged anyway. i must try an get a pic of the AK i tarted up for a friend, full metal body, new gear box, full wooden stock and forgrip which required some minor manipulation. even made a custom made handguard with intergrated Eotech (big drill and bolts) ugly as hell.

xxxk

Edited by kie
Aftermarket... possibly EVERYTHING. id say that that is a real steel folding stock from a Ak47s. Looks like a AKM pistol grip. You've played around with the top receiver either Element or just ingenuity and a load of mil put, possibly attacked the body with a pencil or... A light dusting of silver paint and the cocking handle looks suspicious.

Yes for someone who doesn't own an AK i know my *sh#t*...

now wheres my +1 i will also except a 1up. :D

My contribution, all natural wear from years of skirmishing, cleaning and servicing.

she has the original body but has been though 2 gearboxes and 3 new hop-up units as well as a load of lovely internal updates to keep up with the times.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3235/dsc00345nr6.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6482/dsc00346sb4.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2856/dsc00348bu0.jpg

wuv k

oh my god... thats my first airsoft rifle! thats it! i know her when i see her! she got me into airsoft!

please, tell me.... where did you find her? who has owned her? whats she seen?

ill tell you everything i know...

wow!

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

Joe sorry to disappoint Ive been the only person to own that m4,

might just look like your old m4 because it is very old. I think Its 2nd generation ICS with the black body and colt logo. She has still seen allot though :)

What made you think it was once yours out of curiosity?

xxxK

Edited by kie

I know i have obviously hit a very touching subject so ill move on, its a shame i will be giving my m4 a full desert paint job soon so all that lovely character will be obscured.

Probably something similar to 001's Armalite which looks very nice by the way.

Love K

Edited by kie
THAT... IS... BEAUTIFUL!!!.

how did you do that? i whant to do that to my AK.

The first thing one has to do to be able to accomplish such beauty is.........

DON'T QUOTE PICTURES!!!!!!!! :angry:

:P

Seriously, please don't quote pictures- maybe you're new......

So, 'proper' non-offending protocol would be to:

A.) Hit the 'reply' button in the target post, but REMOVE the img tags

or,

B.) PM your questions to the original poster (much preferred and greatly appreciated ;) )

It's like this really- quoting images is not cool due to the huge annoyance factor on pretty much every forum manned by Humans- ;) Arnies has over 20,000 members, 99.9% of whom also don't fancy image quoting- I'll wager this issue is addressed at minimum twice weekly as a reminder- So please, I beg you and all the other image-quoters out there,

Let's stamp out image quoting in '08!

(That's one of Obama's campaign promises BTW :P )

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Thanks man.

To make my AK look like that I did a few things:

Firstly, I sprayed the whole gun(excluding grips) with flat black krylon. then, I lightly sanded the metal parts with 200 grit sandpaper(there's better alternatives out there now, like steel wool, Scotchbrite pads, and sanding pads) until some wear began to show. then, I used a technique known as dry brushing, basically you take silver paint, dab a tiny bit on a brush, then dab it on a paper towel until very little paint comes off and wipe the brush across areas where wear is likely. And then on the hadguards, I beat them to hell with a screwdriver, then I drew on them with a permanent marker, and whiped a rag lightly soaked in acetone across it to give it that worn/used/burnt feel.

But the sad news is, that gun is dead, the gear box died when I took it apart, then I tried to saw the barrel shorter to make a CQB weapon, that didn't work. So when I'm not poor, I'm planning on getting a new outer barrel, Madbull tightbore,new hopup chamber JG Compete gearbox, King Arms underfolding stock, and wood handguards for it. But until then, my CM026 fills my AK need.

considering its a pic from last year, i think it would be acceptable to post ONE of them just to refresh everyone's memories :)

Ahhhh I just need fresh batteries in my shock collar, that's all..... :rolleyes:

But the sad news is, that gun is dead, the gear box died when I took it apart, then I tried to saw the barrel shorter to make a CQB weapon, that didn't work. So when I'm not poor, I'm planning on getting a new outer barrel, Madbull tightbore,new hopup chamber JG Compete gearbox, King Arms underfolding stock, and wood handguards for it. But until then, my CM026 fills my AK need.

what a coincadence becouse my one and only Gun just died the other day while i took it apart after painting it. RIP my sweet JG AK47RIS, now i have to play with my friends cheap-Tastic backup gun. :(:angry: but if all goes well i may get a VFC aks74n.

Edited by STRELOK