Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking wear for sure! Worn AK's make me all warm and fuzzy. :) I could post a few pics of a friend's beat-to-sh!t Guarder 74, but I'm going to wait till I can post my own of my RS 56-1... [after it's been dragged behind a truck for a good 10-15 minutes.. :D ]

How are you liking the Type 56-1?

I did use a Scotch-Brite pad. The dimples themselves aren't worn, the lips is. If you think about it, the lip is more likely to be worn than the flat areas since it is a edge. Now, if the actual recessed area was worn, that would be odd. The mount is worn, but you are right about it needing more. Scotch-Brite, here I come!

Most of the replicas in here are artificially worn, not from regular abuse. The reality is that no matter how much you airsoft, you aren't patrolling for days on end. Your gun will never see the same amount of use, and won't ever get the same wear as a real one.

ah, but it is a recessed edge. IMO it could really do with more wear on the whole reciever as i think it looks a bit odd having a recessed edge worn and not much wear on the reciever. just slowly work on the whole reciever with a scotch brite, and the paint will slowly thin, just stop before you wear right through ;)

personally i think a bit of both is best. i think fi you're going for a weathered look its best to do some mild (or heavy if you want that look) weathering (no scratches or anything, just paint wearing off edges etc) to simulate the constant use that you wont be able to get naturally, then just let bigger scratches etc develop from actual use.

My old TM AK Beta, used a ACM body and cheap wood foregrip with plastic pistol grip/stock(and kiwi boot polish for the wood)

Link to the pics(some of my other guns on there too)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29535968@N02/...n%40yahoo.co.uk

*somebody on here said they used engine oil to get the "worn look"on the wood, i dont recommend this as you will be doing serious harm to yourself through touching it.

My old TM AK Beta, used a ACM body and cheap wood foregrip with plastic pistol grip/stock(and kiwi boot polish for the wood)

Link to the pics(some of my other guns on there too)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29535968@N02/...n%40yahoo.co.uk

*somebody on here said they used engine oil to get the "worn look"on the wood, i dont recommend this as you will be doing serious harm to yourself through touching it.

yeah, dirty oil can be carsnorgenic / carsnagenic (forgot to eat my dictionary for breakfast this morning)

basically it means it can give you cancer.

not as extreme as that, it is more likely to give you dermatitis (dirt and grime induced eczma type of skin condition)

if you do use oil, wear gloves to apply it.

dsc00368hg4.jpg

dsc00369lr4.jpg

dsc00373ax7.jpg

dsc00370jm9.jpg

My custom SPR with a bit of wear and tear. I went a bit overboard on certain parts but try to imagine this thing being lugged through a jungle or thick forest where it will be bashed and scraped against branches and bits of foalige, hence the scratches along the receiver and barrel heatshield.

Edited by Grumman

Ok so I have would post the latest pics of my worn job on my M4 but my camera crapped out on me... I am niggardly posting these pictures as they are not much but Ill get new photos asap as soon as I steal some batterys from a remote or too for my camera (damn thing goes through AA's like the cookie monster!). Pictures:

IMG_0510.jpg

As you can see its really not much in this picture as its a few days ago but I touched up the dust cover allot, again ill try and get more pics up soon.

EDIT:

So I managed to find some AA's from an Old gameboy in my desk (lol) and took a few pictures, its not too good I dont think but I kinda dig it;

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Some of the wear is artificial and some of the wear is real, like the marks on the upper reciever that are kind dull looking thats from my gun hitting a rock and from hitting my exposed metal mag when its on a sling.

Edited by nateo200