Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i tried burning my flash hider in order to start weathering my AK a bit, but it wasnt working well with a lighter. so i built a small fire and tossed it in, but it still didnt work great. i got a little carried away and eventually tossed my AKSU wood grips in the fire as well. and heres the result

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-3.jpg

the flash hider didnt give the desired effect, even after i tossed it in the fire for quite a while. so i took out the power sander and went to work. i think i may have overdone the flash hider a bit, but i like the wood. i started weathering the front of the gun and im working my way back. im gonna eventually tie it to the hitch of my car and drag it through gravel, mud, grass, and whatever else i run over. ill remove all the internals first though.

snip[/img]

What a beautiful rifle! The paint job and weathering effect is top notch.

My CA M4. All Natural wear and tear on the paintjob, no artifical weathering. CA rifles have terrible paint, which makes it easy to get that worn down look faster, which is bad if you like your gun looking mint.

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02191-1.jpg

DSC02190-2.jpg

edit: Another desert fox posting a CQBR on my birthday. What are the odds of that? :D:P

Cheers,

Romel

Edited by DesertFoxRomel