Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my old AKS74U.

Was reminded of it when I saw the pic posted here of the painted AKSU.

but this.. this is the real deal:p

Sanded off the paint, rubbed it in salt, laid it in a bucket of saltwater for three days, took it out, rubbed with salt again, went out, laid it out on the lawn for two weeks, then buried it for two weeks. Came out.. rusty..

n605275511_4831770_2054.jpg

post-32299-1243532771_thumb.jpg

This is my old AKS74U.

Was reminded of it when I saw the pic posted here of the painted AKSU.

but this.. this is the real deal:p

Sanded off the paint, rubbed it in salt, laid it in a bucket of saltwater for three days, took it out, rubbed with salt again, went out, laid it out on the lawn for two weeks, then buried it for two weeks. Came out.. rusty..

it was mine...

I like your's too... but why only the stock and top???

it would be great if it was all in rust...

any risk to the structure of the gun???

cheer's

The body didn't rust, it just.. whitened.

Must be made of a different metal or something.

Planning to buy the all-steel Kalash and do this again, but as of now, I have to many projects going.

And yes, it weakens the metal in certain spots. The top lid rusted off at the hinge, but it doesn't move when placed on correctly and locked at the back.

Stock rusted stuck, (say that fast) but the guy who bought it off of me did magic with a hammer, and now it works again:p

Now, I like the look of distressed weapons, some wear and tear looks cool, especially on AKs. But I have to say, that's going a bit far...effectively damaging your gun, going to those lengths, for some fake wear? Kudos for the commitment to your wanted look, but I think that's a bit sad.

here my CYMA AKS74U. ive been kinda torture testing it lately, burying it, then leaving it there overnight, dragging it behind my car, tossing wood in fire, kicking it everywhere i take it, ect.

so far nothing bad as happened. funny thing is my friend dropped it on my carpeted basement floor, and the hinge for the battery cover/upper receiver thing broke. it was an easy fix, but it so far nothing has broken other than that.

parts list

Guarder Infinite Torque up motor

element gears

KWA piston

KWA piston head

KWA bearing spring guide (yes, the KWA M4s use a V3 spring guide)

Guarder SP100

systema bucking

i havent used any sandpaper anywhere on the gun other than a tiny bit on the flash hider, but after dragging it behind my car is where 95% of the wear on the flash hider came from.

anyways, enough talking, here are the pics.

P1010001-9.jpg

P1010002-6.jpg

EDIT: heres the video of me dragging it behind my car. im driving with my friend hanging out the back filming in. sorry for the crappy quality, its from my phone. the first run was video taped, then i rolled the gun over again and did the other side, and also kept it on the gravel for alot longer than the first run. enjoy!

th_0530091742.jpg

Edited by sigmaboy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...