Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A.R.S.E. was my old airsoft team. Advanced Recon Strike Element, we made the name to be like that on purpose. ;) That team is long gone now.

Thanks guys, I took the idea from my good friend hunk. Not sure if we both did the same concept to get the look or not. I love having a gun that looks like its been through hell, it gives it some character. Yea I spend a lot of money on airsoft stuff, but whats the use if its going to sit in my room and look all clean an pretty.

Heres a couple old pics i dug up. The m4 wasn't that beat up in that pic but it got plenty of abuse.

Picture004-1.jpg

_K265041.jpg

P8030012.jpg

asdad089.jpg

PB110002.jpg

Edited by Fingers A.R.S.E.

Lulz my CYMA AKM.

PC300040.jpg

Note lots of E-Tape

PC300039.jpg

My stock completely shattered at a private skirmish, so I used a stick as a brace and half a roll of E-tape to fix it

PC300042.jpg

However, it only kinda works.

PC300043.jpg

In Addition, a failed attempt at removing the orange tip lead to a broken front sight. Also, not in the picture is my cracked reciever, my dustcover being held on by tape and brute force, and countless chips and deep scratches in the body.

However, it still performes flawlessly. Pretty good for a CYMA

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Most of it is yeah. The large wear spots on most of the front end is fake, or started off as such. And the rear sight block has been drybrushed, I used it as a test area. But the wear on the reciever and everywhere else is real, mostly from being slung and rubbing on my gear.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Question for those who have "fake" wear. I want to do it to a plastic TM M733 body, yet I've searched around and can't find a guide (I looked in Guinness' weathering guide, but it doesn't go over how to do a fake wear look over plastic receivers). I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, that one would need to dry brush areas of the receiver that would be worn, or, use a sponge, dab some silver paint, and lightly go over the worn area.

Which is correct, and if anyone has a link, I'd be grateful :D

You can still use a red dot with the front lens cover on and both eyes open. Binocular vision is a wonderful thing, your brain will map the images together and still give you a decent sight picture.

Yea, but it's so shot to hell I'm just going to see how long it takes before it gets a clean hole in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...