Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I can only notice it because I know where the scratches are. There's a pretty bad scratch right above the N in tornado and almost the entire grenade is scuffed up. The cap on the bottom takes a beating on the parts that stick out so you can unscrew it. I guess you can't really tell because the of the type of plastic it's made from.

Edit:

DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

Edited by whosloosin92
Ya they're plastic. But I am getting bakelite mags and treating them to look worn out and weathered. Here is a sample of my old AK's bakelite mag.

quick tip for making a good bakelite effect, get a knackered paint brush and some red varnish then make long, uneven brush strokes going down the sides of the mag. make sure the brush lines are very prominent but cover the whole thing.

i'd recommend MAG midcaps as a base, they're cheap, feed well, come in boxes of 5 and don't have the unrealistic ribbing like most hicaps do (the ribbing wasnt used until they started producing plum mags)

Battle worn enough for you guys?

Colt Model 602 upper receiver (I'm still working on the lower)

Nice, reminded me of what I did a few years back with my M4 lower receiver.

You stripped the paint, then applied a bluing solution too right?

Edited by Souske

Renalan, I can see a few wear areas that I would add, but overall it looks pretty good.

The areas I would work on: bolt catch, selector's movement arc, high points on both the AP and the BUIS.

EDIT: Finished the 602. Here she is:

img2363smallew5.th.jpg

img2365smallpz7.th.jpg

img2367smallep9.th.jpg

img2369smallgx5.th.jpg

Now I have to do the other 6 mags.

Edited by Whitedingo
whitedingo: very nice! but what happened to the trades? :(

-Joe

I know!!!!!!!! I just about cried :angry:

They came that way when the orginal owner ordered it from WGC. I might just have to order a new body. Or just never let anyone look at the left side of the receiver....

Whitedingo, almost perfect....just hit the grip, stock, and foregrip with some gloss black to finish the look. A lot of the old A1 grips had a relatively shiny finish to them.

The foregrip and stock are pretty darned shiny as it is (I scrubbed them with CLP), but it's negated in the pictures for whatever reason; those pictures don't really do them justice (see below). As for the pistol grip; I've got the master of all shiney TM A1 pistols grips sitting here somewhere I'll be installing shortly.

img2372smallcz1.th.jpg

I may eventually buy some surplus furniture to see if I can't get it installed on there.

• 2 weeks later...

<_< newfag.

On another note OMG HaVoC is still alive!

Here's my AK-74, it's a Classic Army Arsenal-thingie, but I usually don't go telling people that <_<

bilde124kc1.th.jpg

I made notches in the stock and foregrip, as well as the receiver.

Then I went over the entire thing with some sand paper.

I hade some Citadel Miniatures Brown Ink nearby, so I used that on the wood to make it look darker and older, and on the magazine to make it look more like bakelite.

Then I went overboard and applied it to the metal parts to.

Looks OK, IMO, but it would look better had it actually been heavily used.

<_< newfag.

On another note OMG HaVoC is still alive!

Here's my AK-74, it's a Classic Army Arsenal-thingie, but I usually don't go telling people that <_<

I made notches in the stock and foregrip, as well as the receiver.

Then I went over the entire thing with some sand paper.

I hade some Citadel Miniatures Brown Ink nearby, so I used that on the wood to make it look darker and older, and on the magazine to make it look more like bakelite.

Then I went overboard and applied it to the metal parts to.

Looks OK, IMO, but it would look better had it actually been heavily used.

Damn that looks really nice. Is that magazine real or did you just add the wear into it?

afallan