Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

The grease and oil effect is courtesy of the same water-based wood stain I used on the stock. I brushed a coat on the receiver group parts as I was doing one of the coats on the stock, then wiped it down with a paper towel before it dried. That accomplishes two things, it makes it appear like unfinished steel that has seen its share of gun grease and the elements, a bit of red cast from worn steel and rust as well.

I wanted the gun to appear as if it came of the assembly line late war using whatever parts happened to be available that day. Unfinished receiver group, blued but worn trigger group, worn and beaten front grip and sight tower, and maybe a stock that has been replaced from another rifle.

MP44Battleworn10a_med.png

MP44Battleworn11_med.png

Slainte! (tomorrow's the day innit??) :beer:

Guess I can post it here too ;)

The wood has been sanded down and oiled up after som beating. I'll probably abuse the wood some more, but need to get the reciever more weatherd first to match :)

akm1.jpg

akm2.jpg

akm3.jpg

Love that STG Guinness, might get one myself ^_^

:P

For my 2nd MP44 project, I decided to go with the all-blued look

MP44Blued4_med.png

MP44pairclose_med.png

MP44pair1_med.png

MP44Blued3_med.png

The chalky, flat black (new and improved with twice the lead content! ;) ) paint they use actually shines up quite well with a trusty dremel, some polishing compound, and a few hours with nothing better to do....

Edited by Guinness