Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

the vented upper handguard/ gas tube like guiness' and grim's are 9/10ths down the page on the right hand column. 29.99 USD not bad, makes the rifle look sick.

how hard is it to install?

Literally 1 minute-

On a Inokatsu or DBoyi (Since its a IKnowKetchup copy ;) ) just flip the take down lever on the gas block, remove the wooden top handguard, punch out the two pins holding the forward gas tube on the barrel to loosen it, install the new vented handguard with gas tube, replace the pins, return the take down lever to its correct position, wash, rinse, repeat!

I would not try it on a CYMA or other brand- they will require a lot of modification to the handguard- I had to do absolutely nothing to it to put it on the AKS74, and as a matter of fact, the forward lever on the barrel that helps hold the bottom handguard in now works better with the new gas tube than it did with the original wooden top handguard.

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

I very rarely take pictures wit flash...but I've seen a lot of actual 'in-field' used guns taken with flash on (no one ever expected combat operators to be great photographers). I decided to use the flash to 'highlight' some of the worn areas...and to make the picture feel a bit more 'authentic.'

Most of the wear you see on there is natural. Most of it occurred when the gun was slung on me.

cqbrsideanglerz3.jpg

post-43820-1198151371_thumb.jpg

post-43820-1198151385_thumb.jpg

post-43820-1198151400_thumb.jpg

did some weathering on it, but it´s not done yet. there are surfaces that´s been worn, that shouldn´t have been worn, like the top of the pistol grip.

but yeah, it´s an easy fix.

it´s actually a stock JG m16a4, with the plastic body and all, I am however swapping it for a metal one.

anyhow it looks much better than it did before.

Kipper, that's one hell of a muddy-looking carbine!

Weather cleared up, so I got some pictures in better lighting.

sideanglefs5.jpg

receivercloseys4.jpg

suppressorbv5.jpg

rearangleoppud4.jpg

Against better judgment, I started cleaning up the carbine. I just finished re-finishing the upper receiver and RIS with a flat black. Lower receiver is still same.

Edited by Souske

the best weathering i have seen has been done by leaving the rifle(minus the inner barrel) in the back of a bulldozer/digger on a dusty building site in the heat of the summer months, works a treat (only good to those who work on private land where the public cant see the rifle ;) and to those that can gain access to a bulldozer, i'll put some pics up of my m16 when i get home, and i'll see if i can get some pics of my mates gun that he left behind the seat of the dozer :)