Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started weaterinf my a&k minimi this evening, I think it looks okay, but needs a little more work in some places:

hpim2110gw2.jpg

hpim2112af9.jpg

hpim2111ij7.jpg

do you think the lkeft hand side needs more sanding? also, does the stock look unrealistic? I suppose if I had really bad stubble it wouldn't be too bad :P

also, my waethered m9 with home made wood grips:

hpim2109vk2.jpg

cheers,

matt

Started weaterinf my a&k minimi this evening, I think it looks okay, but needs a little more work in some places:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2540/hpim2110gw2.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8395/hpim2112af9.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1107/hpim2111ij7.jpg

do you think the lkeft hand side needs more sanding? also, does the stock look unrealistic? I suppose if I had really bad stubble it wouldn't be too bad :P

Looks good. The "unusual" wear could be because of a specific sling position or a particular user resting his/her hands there.

Here's what little wear and tear my Type 89 has. Mainly the bipod, receiver, and (unpictured) selector lever.

I can't decide whether or not to artificially weather it.

Oh my... I don't think I can ever do that to my T89, the only wear I have on it is the outter barrel where the bipod is attatched to.

Amyways here's my "Battle Worn" TM 1911 with Guarder's SFA FMK.

DSC00338.jpg

A couple of other pics on 1911 picture thread.

Thanks guys!

Half of the real ones are as shiny as your 1911 ;P

Those scratches all came from ALICE gear <_<

Yeah I seen the RS ones IDK I like the wear on them better, maybe its just the metal and paint on the TM that makes wearing it out look bad IMO. If you do artificially wear it out please post pics I still would love to see it, and I may have to drag this thing behind my car to give it the look aswell.

Here's what little wear and tear my Type 89 has. Mainly the bipod, receiver, and (unpictured) selector lever.

I can't decide whether or not to artificially weather it.

I vote that you let it wear naturally since it's a TM after all. :P

I don't think I would have the balls to induce artificial wear on such gun

I refinished my AK. Instead of going for the extreme worn AK...I went for a more subtle worn look. Stock CYMA AK and stock CYMA parts

receiverclosecw7.jpg

receivercloseselectorsiyw9.jpg

I initially was going to make the wood furniture darker...but after handling actual Romanian AKs at my local gunshow, I realized that many AKs didn't have really dark wood furniture. I tried something a little different from the pack for a 'worn' wood effect.

foregriprx8.jpg

foregripoppne5.jpg

pistolgripqc7.jpg

I vote that you let it wear naturally since it's a TM after all. :P

I don't think I would have the balls to induce artificial wear on such gun

I refinished my AK. Instead of going for the extreme worn AK...I went for a more subtle worn look. Stock CYMA AK and stock CYMA parts

I initially was going to make the wood furniture darker...but after handling actual Romanian AKs at my local gunshow, I realized that many AKs didn't have really dark wood furniture. I tried something a little different from the pack for a 'worn' wood effect.

Again another beautiful gun Souske, what wood furniture and MBK did use for it?

Wow, I would have mistaken it if I had just seen your pictures.

I read online a big ol' review and guide on how to paint plastic wood to make it look real and stuff. Seemed pretty complicated, A+ on accomplishing it well. Takes some guts and concentration to just paint away, and make it not look over-done, but still realistic.