Biodegradable BBs tested

True :blink:

Oops, so what now? Is that biodegradable?

EDIT: As Hairy excellently pointed out, these are the exact same results as the previous experiment. Infact, all of it is exactly the same, bar they're put D.E.D. in the appropriate places :huh:

How rare?

http://www.vsaf.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181

Edited by Samm666

Replied on the other thread. I make the assumption when people send stuff in that it is theirs to submit (there's not really enouhg time in the world to cross reference and check everything).

As I said before the results were familiar to me so I didnt doubt their article.. but given the similarities I'll just frop those folks a quick line to see if they've made a mistake.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wuh the... WHAT?!

Did this thread suddenly attract idiots?

Simple.

Biodegradable BB's.

They might have made a mistake in testing, labelling or the product itself might be faulty.

Therefore rendering either the product or the review (or both) useless.

Some people want bios, and these seemed like good ones. If you don't want bios though, ###### off out of this thread.

EDIT: Ohh nice edit yourself... :rolleyes:

EDIT again: Okay then, you be a good boy now ;)

Edited by Samm
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Never did Chemistry so I can't comment on the molecular compostition but :~

Biotech’s are based on Bionelle, it has a certificate for being a compostable plastic resin and is used in agriculture, and other fields of application ( degradable plant pots fleece etc ).

Made by Showa High Polymer, Japan who are the World leader in bio-degradable plastic's.

Bionelle is broken down by microbiological organisms in the soil where BBBs reverts to carbon dioxide and water ( best translation I can make ) .

I am writing to them for more information but I expect exact formular is a trade secret etc. But that is the material from the point of view of the Biotech BBs, its homogeneous material with the colour running right through. :geek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hrm, so where can I find these Bio-bbs that are actually biodegradeable?  It's really not fair if KSC or EXCEL say they are bio bbs when they are not. 

Any ideas?  I tried googling but came up with zilch. 

There is a new Biotech dealer appointed by the Factory, who will be going on line in the USA this month based in CA, his web site is not up yet, but he will have the full range in stock, in quantity.

There are other make of Biodegradable bbs by, Marui, Excel, King, and some others, but either they are unstable, and break down unwontedly, or not as biodegradable as Biotechs, and I do not think they are any cheaper.

Biotechs do not break down until exposed to natural microbial bacteria found in the soil, so they will not go off in a clean mag, or if left in the window .

If Excel Bio BBs indeed contain limestone, what is wrong with them? Wouldn't it help as fertilizer?

I think you will find that Excel semi-biodegradable core is made of Barium which I think is inert, but does not bio-degrade as such, but the outside layer is Poly something, with a degrade time of about a million years :) If the outer casing is not broken, the center will not disperse. Also lime is not a fertilizer :) It's used to regulate soil acidity ( well it is on our farm )

We are biased, we have used Biotechs for 2 years on site, and now think no bio's the devils work, plus they look bloody awful.

VASF tests were very good, but we now have hands on practical experience of the difference, in using semi-excel, and Biotechs, and if you looked at our game site you would see the difference.

If somebody sneaks in non Biotechs, you can spot them immediately they fire, or from where they have been firing. Even in the heavy CQB area, the Biotechs are unobtrusive, while they quietly degrade away, we are still picking up old Excel's from 2 yrs ago :angry:

Plus of course we are the International Factory appointed Agents for Arte Corp Biotechs :D

Edited by {MIA}Gmac

wow. now that you mentioned about BB's laying everywhere, you made me guilty. I got this little shooting range in my back yard, that's really just the other side of the house that covered in gravel, but filled with BB's. It'll be nice if they just disappear afet a few months... <_<

Well i think i'll start buying biodegradable BB's now, thanks for showing me the error of my ways!

:P

It'll be nice if they just disappear afet a few months...  <_<

Well, if this is how they are after 6-7 months, so it would take quite more than a few months for them to disappear ;)

They are still certainly nice, though, so they are the ones i'll be probably buying once I own an AEG. What's more, they come in dark green so people won't see 'em coming, and won't be able to bullet-time-dodge them :)

PS: Sorry for bad English ;)

• 7 months later...