Norwegian Gear

Azulsky

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What I've been told; (though I might be misinformed) the M2000 offers RIPSTOP, whereas the M98 did not. This is supposedly also a heavier weight of fabric, I've been told.

The M2000 I got off Cato Ringstad is also supplied with the RAID-mod, which I haven't seen on any M98 BDUs yet...

Basicly, my M2000 is pretty much the same as my US Desert 3-color BDU (light/summer weight fabric), except it sports a very sexy norwegian flag on the shoulder ;>

Got a question though:

Anyone found a proper way to roll up the sleeves properly on the M2k without cutting off access to the upper arm pockets?

Another question from my side - I have looked around in some stores but up to now I haven't found helmet covers in Norsk and Ørkenkamuflasje (would be woodland and desert if I got it right). There is only a helmet with cover that someone listed at page 2. Anyone having an idea where to get seperate covers?

I think I am going to put them on a German kevlar helmet as someone said that the German helmet actually looks like the Norwegian but is more comfortable. Plus getting a German helmet is very easy here. :)

Thanks in advance for help given by you guys.

"Norsk" means norwegian... "Skog" means forest/woodland, "Ørkenkamuflasje" means desert camouflage...

If memory serves, the current norwegian woodland camo is dubbed 'Lyng 3'

Linky:

http://www.airsoftguns.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15243

This chap's selling a norwegian helmetcover for the aramid helmet for ~10 quid + shipping, doesn't state wether it's woodland or desert though (I'm guessing desert as he states it've been used in a-stan)

• 4 weeks later...

the woodland uniforms:

m98 - old workuniform. Basic workwear for large portions of the army.

m04 - the replacement. Pretty rare still. New layout (somewhat like the ACU i think), and in a light, soft material

m00 (m2000) - uniform used by navy security and alot of instructors. Ripstop in modern layout

m75 - field uniform. Heavy, hot, takes a lot of beating. OD pants, camo jacket. Standard field-gear for all soldiers

goretex - camo goretex issued to more and more people. still somewhat rare, but coming strong.

Think that covers it

This is not 100%, but my impression on how it works. Any questions? I would go for the m2000 for any use! I wear the "US" daily, which is a navy-blue version with somewhat different layout, but the uniform itself is great. You never need the m75 in my opinion. I've gone skiing with the m04 (thinnest, lightest of them all) without getting wet or cold. Just added some wool under it. Layers! The m2000 will take more beating than the m04

• 4 weeks later...

only briefly had my hands on one, but it sure looks the role...

I'd be careful regarding buying from that shop though, I've heard alot about them not being able to deliver the merchandise due to their ridiculously low prices (selling a 1250NOK uniform for 700NOK etc)...

check out airsoftguns.info and see if you can source a used one, shipping to sweden shouldn't be too bad...

nice to see some more people take interest in our purty gear :)

/EDIT:

fielded my gear last weekend, the stuff works great in norwegian woodland (as you'd expect)...surrounded on all sides by the opposing team (I was last man standing), the only thing that caused them to see me was a shiny carabine hook that I yet hadn't had the time to spray black... :)

yeah, I do realize this, I have the exactly same problem when buying stuff from abroad, but there just isn't anyone but norway manufacturing the norwegian camo...

have a look at airsoftguns.info, people selling norwegian BDUs there is not exactly a rare phenomenon...

we've allready got a few swedes there picking up pieces of gear every now and then, feel free to join them :)

m00 and m04 is different fabric, different pockets etc. Works about the same, but are different uniforms.

CV-1 is an OK vest, but nothing more. When adjusted correctly (which NOBODY does), it is somewhat comfy, but nothing compared to other vests.

Correct me if im wrong. But if you contact Cato ringstad they should be able to send the uniforms to sweden, and if so, without tax.

Archived