• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as standard bushings are nylon cylinder head piston and spring guide are POM Piston head is alloy and gears are steel. My AKSU version clocks 409 at the moment with unvarying regularity on .20s (to the point that after 20 rounds or so I ended up loading some .25s just to confirm the chrono was actually working properly)

Hi there!

Do you know where i can buy this baby in usa?

Tks!

It hasn't come out yet. In fact it just came out in China. This review was done only a couple of days after it was released.. It will probably be a couple months before any stores in the US get them.

I'm waiting for a video to be uploaded by someone who took it for me at the field.

As far as shot grouping, metal content, and gearbox contents goes, I can't really help and won't be trying to determine them any time soon. The former is rather silly, especially when reviewers do it from 15ft or something silly like that. It will suffice to say it will out range any stock AEG you own, and with it's ROF accuracy won't be important.

I assume the GB components will be nearly identical to those found in the krink, so until someone can disprove me, I suggest you look at snorkelman's review for it. I dub him the "Kalash Master" and award him the manor of Dboysington.

Besides what's in the video (assuming it materializes) there is nothing in particular I feel the need to emphasize besides shooting app. 1k rounds through the gun to break in the hop up and spring. Out of the box the gun WILL chrono over 400 and might go as high as 415. Before you take it to skirmish:

I. File the mag catch.

II. Shoot several magazines through the gun so you can establish its performance and make sure the magazines feed.

III. Tighten the handguard release pin. This can be done by tapping it towards the pin outwards, that is towards the side of the body with the selector.

IV. Apply thread lock (CA glue works) to the selector cap by first unscrewing it, and then tightening it with the glue in the threads. The cap acts as any other screw: righty tighty, lefty loosey.

V. Ditch the sling. The belt itself is quality, but the clasp is made of a very soft metal. While tightening to fit over the stock snugly, the clasp actually bent 90 degrees. If this happened in the field you might have nasty results (not the rifle would be damaged but your foot or neighbor might!). If you have a way of replacing the clasp, go ahead and keep the sling.

Other than that, there is nothing unexpected, alarming, or surprising. This AEG's value exceeds the 170USD I paid for it with shipping, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the words comrade!

I'm looking forward to the wood version, hopefully it'll be released in the following weeks. I do hope the accuracy isn't totally ###### though as for me personally, its one of the things I enjoy the most in an AEG. But we'll see, can't expect too much. I'm sure I'll be putting a new barrel and bucking in it anyways. Again, thanks for the words and tips on this one so far. Look forward to the video.

PS About the STAR GP30. You said on red alliance they fit on but you need longer screws? I've never held a GP30 in person so I'm not sure how it all attaches, but is it still nice and solid? Have you fitted it on the kalash yet?

For anyone looking for the wood version of this AKS-74 it will be released next week or the following week. Got this message from boomarms.

already out at gunners and pics are up at 51QBH.

hey neoptolemus, plan on buying the wood version and reviewing that for us too? :D

seeing its the same gun with a wooden handguard and orange coloured mag if you squint your eyes a bit and make a teeny little use of your imagination then Im sure the existing review would probably do for it too :)

lol...

I guess I just wanted to see more pics of it.... lol...

Sorry for not updating you guys. As you can tell from the picture, I put the flash hider on incorrectly and the adapter for it too tightly. Soon as I get that sorted I'll post some first impressions and pictures.

So far I'll say that the wood handguards are pretty damn solid on there. The peice that you broke off neoptolemus is not loose nor is the fire selector. Maybe I got lucky or they sorted these small problems. On mine though, the button to fold the stock with is a bit stiff (takes some considerable force) unless if I push the stock in the opposite direction a bit.

No, the stock locks easy folded and unfolded. What I mean is the button you press to fold the stock, that one takes a considerable amount of force to push unless if I push the stock a certain way. Really not that big of a deal but its alot easier to do on my brother's VFC AKS-74u.

No, the stock locks easy folded and unfolded. What I mean is the button you press to fold the stock, that one takes a considerable amount of force to push unless if I push the stock a certain way. Really not that big of a deal but its alot easier to do on my brother's VFC AKS-74u.

ZOMG hurry up with the pics already! I'm not satisfied with a size comparison to a cat...

:P