• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed this thread, you are most likely talking about my Dboys AK. I did indeed buy it from Pointact, and compared to my Dboys AKSU it's heartbreaking.

It's not all bad though, using a steel brush attachment on my dremel it definetly shines it up quite a bit. Still not that deep gloss we all love, but it doesn't look like spray painted alluminum like it did brand new.

Another thing I noticed, the site rail is a tad wider now. Still not the correct width, but when I tried to mount the Kobra from my AKSU on the new AK, it wouldn't go on without me loosinging the nut a few rotations. The AKSU is so narrow I had to remove the "lever" from the Kobra and crank it down so far it bent the mount. Sure its tight, but I'm not one for bending the mount, especially when two of my other Aks have real optic plates. Hopefully they continue the trend and FINALLY make it the correct size.

Ah, I take back what I've said after looking at this RK05 review: http://www.sgc-bdms.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240

Since the RK05 isn't available in the US as far as I know of, that throws off my 'American' version theory as the RK05 has the similar finish.

14mediumqd6.jpg

(Pic from that link)

Kalash > VFC! :D

I'm thinking about whiting the sights, selection words, and serial number with white-out; hope it works.

Edited by Revenge Seeker
  • 4 weeks later...

I read snorkelmans post and im having a *badgeress* of a time removing the INNER thread adapter for the muzzle break.

Can someone tell me which way im supposed to be removing this?

I removed the set screw and i still cant get it to budge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I also purchased a Kalash AKS-74N and was extremely displeased with the unit. As often observed, the magazine catch was terrible. The pistol grip had a nasty wobble despite all efforts to tighten it. Gave it away and never looked back. I suggest enthusiasts check out the Jing Gong A-74U (AKS-74N) Electric Blowback rifles, which are li-po ready. I Bought one just as soon as it came out and I am thoroughly happy with it. It's very accurate and performs consistently. I've got several high-end rifles and my Jing Gong is at a par with any of them.

I also purchased a Kalash AKS-74N and was extremely displeased with the unit. As often observed, the magazine catch was terrible. The pistol grip had a nasty wobble despite all efforts to tighten it. Gave it away and never looked back. I suggest enthusiasts check out the Jing Gong A-74U (AKS-74N) Electric Blowback rifles, which are li-po ready. I Bought one just as soon as it came out and I am thoroughly happy with it. It's very accurate and performs consistently. I've got several high-end rifles and my Jing Gong is at a par with any of them.

The magzine catch is not terrible if you have the skill to file it down a little bit.

And the pistol grip's screw can be too long if the motor adjustment screw is too far out, so that needs adjustment(either your motor adjustment screw is too far out, which needs to be fixed immediately, or you need to cut down the grip screw a bit).

What makes you think Dboys AK are not li-po ready? JG are not as great as you think they are.

As often observed, giving away a rifle for such easy-to-fix problems is a sign that a person is a newbie.

And obviously, JG's "A-74U" is not an AKS-74N, it is a replica of the AKS-74UN.

Edited by adadqgg

I bought one of these at the War and Peace show this year and whilst my opinion on it will come as mainly negative (EG, mines got a few problems!) I do absolutely love this gun!

First off, it was running 377 fps so too hot for sites, the hop has been the bane of my life and part of the front gas assembly broke off! Add to that the fact that the flash hider wobble about a lot and the gun constantly jams.

I feel that from the above I may have got a bit of a raw deal, however that has not stopped my determination to get this beautiful rifle working. I love the feel and the weight of it, it just sits right in my hands. Also using MAG 100 round bakelite magazines in it looks sexy and the icing on the cake...

Image121.jpg

Ok so it may not be everybodies cup of tea but I love the look of an ACOG on it! (apologies for camera pooness).

So once I chuck in a Hurricane M100 upgrade kit and new hop I reckon it'll be the bees knees. Shame that out of the box it came with all of the problems but I still love it with it being my first (and no means the last) AK.

• 2 weeks later...

So my main question about these is: How is the long term durability of the externals? I understand that some of it is pot metal, but how does that pot metal hold up? Is it structurally weaker than the CYMA equivalent? Will things, like hinges, brake without provocation? Externally how well does the kalash metal hold up compared to the newer CYMA metal? One last question. What about the new JG aks?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I haven't found a straight foward answer anywhere.

Thanks

I have a Kalash RK-05 (AK-74M) , and some of the external parts are truly pot metal. Be wary of the threads on the flashhider, I have stripped mine. Also the Stock Catch is not indestructible, as I found out the hard way. Luckily, replacement steel stock catches are available.

The plastic stock also gets wobbly over time, due to the way it is attached to the hinge. The scope rail had to be modified to fit my real steel Kobra sight.

The pins on the front sight on my gun is also loosely fitted.

I will try to give some decent review of the Kalash RK-03 (AK-74N) Full Steel Version when it arrives.