• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Received the Dboys/Kalash Steel AKS-74N on Friday. As I expected, there where both pleasant and not so pleasant surprises.

First of all, the good stuff:

*Stock mechanism, etc is solid, no wobble

*Magazine catch has been revised, MAG magazines click firmly into place

*7mm Bearings inside gearbox

*Bearings on spring guide

*2nd tooth on piston removed, for better AOE

*Compression was very good, out of the box

Then, the bad stuff:

*Front sight is canting to the left

*Rear Sight Block sits too far to the front, top cover does not sit firmly in place because of this

*Scope rail is still to small for some optics to mount, i.e. Kobra sight

*Outer Barrel is still Aluminum

All in all, not a bad gun. The barrel issue is the worst though, but I'll be replacing it with the good barrel from my old Dboys/Kalash AK-74M. This will also fix the issue with the Rear Sight Block.

Received the Dboys/Kalash Steel AKS-74N on Friday. As I expected, there where both pleasant and not so pleasant surprises.

First of all, the good stuff:

*Stock mechanism, etc is solid, no wobble

*Magazine catch has been revised, MAG magazines click firmly into place

*7mm Bearings inside gearbox

*Bearings on spring guide

*2nd tooth on piston removed, for better AOE

*Compression was very good, out of the box

Then, the bad stuff:

*Front sight is canting to the left

*Rear Sight Block sits too far to the front, top cover does not sit firmly in place because of this

*Scope rail is still to small for some optics to mount, i.e. Kobra sight

*Outer Barrel is still Aluminum

All in all, not a bad gun. The barrel issue is the worst though, but I'll be replacing it with the good barrel from my old Dboys/Kalash AK-74M. This will also fix the issue with the Rear Sight Block.

It's not that the rear sight block is too far forward, the cover is just short. The stock cover kept coming off every time I skirmished. I tossed the stock cover and got an ICS AK-74 cover, fits nice and snug, has a better finish, and isn't distorted from being pressed like the stock cover.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/upper-receiver-...ed-p-26074.html

A layer of tape should fix the "too small" business. You could always buy the rail mount to put an RDS on it.

Edited by ST19AG_WGreymon

No, it's not that. I tried another Kalash top cover, a Marui top cover, and a Guarder cover, they where all the same. My other Kalash does not have this problem, so it's deffo the RSB that sits to far too the front.

Regarding the scope rail, it's no problem. I have a modified Kalash scope rail (added material with welding), so I just use that one.

No, it's not that. I tried another Kalash top cover, a Marui top cover, and a Guarder cover, they where all the same. My other Kalash does not have this problem, so it's deffo the RSB that sits to far too the front.

Regarding the scope rail, it's no problem. I have a modified Kalash scope rail (added material with welding), so I just use that one.

Ah, you just got a lemon then.

As a side note, I recieved answer from VFC if they would sell the Steel AK-74M Outer Barrel.

Their price was 76$ shipped for the outer barrel.

So it looks like I'll be getting a steel barrel for my Kalash. Best of both worlds :P

Sweet. Looks like I'm saving up for a new outer barrel now. The threads on my DBOYS got knackered when I tried to get the flash hider off.

• 2 weeks later...