• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They usually ship with the orange on.

In this review: http://airsoft-barracks.com/forums/index.php?topic=780.0 , it was mentioned in the second paragraph that RSOV does indeed put orange on. I would think all retailers ship with orange unless you ask otherwise.

Now more RK02 pics please! :P

Edited by Revenge Seeker

I can't seem to find the link, but I read a review (probably yesterday) where some guy bought multiple guns from RSOV, and found it surprising that none of the guns had orange tips.

Anyway, thanks for the info. :D I guess RSOV just screwed up with that one guy's order.

EDIT: Okay, so I just ordered the AKS-74N from RSOV, but I can't find a box set of STAR AK-74 mid caps ANYWHERE!!!!! I've tried searching stores manually and using google, but I haven't been able to find any results (box sets, mind you). :( Anyone know of a place? Color doesn't matter since I can just spray paint them black if they aren't already.

And where exactly am I supposed to file down to make other mags fit? I realize that it's on the magazine release catch and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to figure it out when I get it, but I'd still like to know just so I don't screw anything up. :P

Sorry for the thread jack, but I don't think that my questions really deserve their own thread. Hooray for saving bandwidth!

Edited by nappy hared azn
I can't seem to find the link, but I read a review (probably yesterday) where some guy bought multiple guns from RSOV, and found it surprising that none of the guns had orange tips.

Anyway, thanks for the info. :D I guess RSOV just screwed up with that one guy's order.

EDIT: Okay, so I just ordered the AKS-74N from RSOV, but I can't find a box set of STAR AK-74 mid caps ANYWHERE!!!!! I've tried searching stores manually and using google, but I haven't been able to find any results (box sets, mind you). :( Anyone know of a place? Color doesn't matter since I can just spray paint them black if they aren't already.

And where exactly am I supposed to file down to make other mags fit? I realize that it's on the magazine release catch and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to figure it out when I get it, but I'd still like to know just so I don't screw anything up. :P

Sorry for the thread jack, but I don't think that my questions really deserve their own thread. Hooray for saving bandwidth!

As far as I know, I haven't seen any STAR midcap box sets. You should stick with the MAG midcap box sets, they work great and are cheap! If you want to get them in the US, get them from ehobbyasia. As far as the mag catch goes, thats simple. Just file the top side of the mag release lever (the part you press to take out the mags). Can't miss it. Once you get your AK you'll see what it is easily.

Edit - I forgot to mention that I did have to file my mag catch for the MAG magazines to fit. I was sent AKM style magazines though so maybe that has something to do with it. Today my MAG AK74 magazines are due to arrive so I'll let you know how those fit later.

Edited by EvilCookie

Star AK74 midcaps have (or had when I bought them donks ago) pretty narrow lips to begin with -they wobbled in ever guarder kit and VFC I ever owned. So I doubt they'd need the dobys mag catch filed to make use of them. Personally though I wouldnt touch star AK 74 mags with a bargepole unless you've used them before and are personally happy with them - I found all the ones I bought were ######.

Thought I'd post up my review of the internals (the AKS74U D-Boys internals I would think would be exactly the same as the other models, except for the cylinder!)

PART 1

As promised...

D-Boys AKS74U Internals Review!

100_0479.jpg

Gearbox shell:

100_0485.jpg

Wierdly painted... alot of overspray inside the interior of the gearbox itself! Wiring unit and wiring seem of decent quality! Sorry for the bad pictures.. not the best camera or lighting!

100_0481.jpg

No casting marks I found, a few scratches here and there were evident from bad shimming... Overall I'd give the shell itself a 7.5/10

Next up:

100_0484.jpg

Piston and piston head... Piston head seemed fine... though it looked like they "missed" on mine, and it has an extra hole... gives it some character! tongue.gif Piston itself seemed of pretty good quality... we will see how long it lasts on my high speed setup! Not much to say other than it was pretty good.

9/10 (-1 because of extra hole in piston head).

Spring Guide...

100_0486.jpg

Pretty solid doesn't seem to be SUPER tough, though the metal backpiece was loose so I had to tighten it up!

8/10

Cylinder Head and Cylinder

The Cylinder seemed to be quite brittle, but I heard and felt no leaks when doing the piston compression test! Rubber damper on the bottom was SUPER dry and brittle, so I added some 50 weight silicone oil and let it soak up some lubricating goodness! happy.gif

100_0487.jpg

Cylinder was fine... not much to say about it, does its job!

Cylinder 9/10 Cylinder head 7.5/10

Tappet Plate

100_0488.jpg

Seemed a bit more brittle than most... but seemed to work quite well!

8/10

Edited by Blink43va

Part 2

7mm Nylon Bushings

100_0489.jpg

Tons of seem lines... needed to shave some off for it to fit flush in the gearbox!

5/10 (replace ASAP!)

Nozzle and Anti-Reversal Latch

100_0494.jpg

Nozzle seemed pretty damn tough as did the anti-reversal latch! However the anti reversal latches copper sleeve which goes over the metal post on the top end was slipping up and down and could come off!

9/10 for the Nozzle 8/10 for the Anti Reversal Latch

Gears!

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

XYT Gears... fine! Even the STAR AEG's use em!

Pretty tough! 9/10

Spring... pretty stiff!

100_0495.jpg

There's the review! I know its brief! However, I can explain in detail any of the parts you want!

I hope this really helped some of you!

Shimming was meh (7/10)

Grease was lose (2/10)

Overall i'd give the gearbox a 7.5-8/10!

Take care, and be sure to ask any questions you need!

-Blink

Yes... basically I'm going to throw in a new gearbox... its really not bad, it just will be my main gun... so I wanna make it special!

So ATM I have:

Just rewired 16 Guage wiring

Systema Turbo.

I will have:

King Arms Ver. 3 Gearbox

King Arms 7mm Bearing bushings

King Arms Electrical Selector Plate

G&P Poly Piston and Piston Head

Guarder Cylinder and Cylinder Head

Guarder or Element Air Nozzle

Guarder or Element Spring Guide

Yes its totally able to handle all ver. 3 parts.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

-Blink