• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you open up your gearbox, and learn every part of it (it may take at least 2-4 times of doing this) you will be able to understand and remedy any problems you have.

Only thing I would replace would be the stock bushings and possibly the cylinder head/cylinder unit (if you want...). Overall I think its a great gun, but the stock bushing wont be able to last long with the springs 4xx fps load it gives to the gun!

I have finally been able to do anything I need to do to a gearbox (last thing I learned was rewiring, using a soldering iron, new wire etc etc.).

It may be daunting at first, but why not try it out?

-Blink

Question, how are the front sight assembly and gas chamber attached on this? I take it front sight is pinned (unlike marui style with screw?), and the gas chamber is attached with set screw to the barrel? I want to use a real steel AKM front sight assembly and AKM gas chamber to get a Khyber pass AKM with side folding stock.

Edited by srpg

strip all the bits off (leave barrel attached to receiver)

Mask off the receiver etc then just hit it with some gloss black spray paint.

Fine coats plenty of drying time in between

flatten the final finish with some 1200 grit wet n dry and plenty of soapy water so it goes sort of satin finish then buff it back up to glosss with cutting polish

You'll get a better depth of finish that way and decent paint adhesion.

repeat same for the muzzle

The charging handle broke on mine, apparently from falling over from standing upright on the skeleton stock.

User error, sure enough, but just be aware that the charging handle/bolt cover is brittle die-cast metal and not indestructible.

The charging handle broke on mine, apparently from falling over from standing upright on the skeleton stock.

User error, sure enough, but just be aware that the charging handle/bolt cover is brittle die-cast metal and not indestructible.

Ouch, well try getting your hands on a empty shell and epoxy/bondo it on, give it that extra "in the field" look. :D

Exactly how brittle is the bolt? I'm taking mine to a skirmish tomorrow and i have to put it in a gun case along with my TM Spetsnaz. Is it going to break from the foam inside of the gun case?

Naw, mine fell on a concrete floor. It'll be perfectly safe inside a gun case.

Sigh....my bolt/charging handle broke over shipping...(it punctured a large hole in the packaging and apparantly it got caught on somthing or some guy dropped the box...)

Right now im trying to contact Gunner for a new bolt and/or trying to find a vfc charging handle.

Hmm, that made me take a look at my own box, and indeed, there is a hole ripped right through the bottom from the charging handle! So it could have been cracked or weakened right out of the box. Not good.

Oh well, I have it fixed now by means of a... TM 4.3 recoil spring plug. :blink: Pics when I've spraypainted it.

Edited by Utty

I just used mine in its first skirmish today and i must say I'm very impressed...the only thing thats really wrong with it is that the selector lever comes loose often but you simply need to tighten it with your finger nail and its fine. However, mine only shot 300 FPS while some people get reports of 380-400 FPS? It shot excellently and lasted me all day but that seemed to be the only inconsistency.

I knew i wasnt the only one with a broken bolt ;) I tried everything to fix mine, it is made out of some real *beep* metal and is now impossible to repair

Yeah, forget about the original charging handle, it doesn't have enough contact surface with the bolt to re-attach it. Better find some alternative solution. But hey, it's not vital to the function of the gun, and it's a $100 AEG; I know I'm not losing any sleep over mine. Now, had it been a VFC, I'd be sad. :P