• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you finally got one of these AKs RS! Good man, good. So far mine has been doing pretty good. I put metal bushings on it, upgraded the barrel to a DB 6.01 and changed the hopup to an element. Its shooting pretty good still but I want to chrono it next and check on the consistency from shot to shot.

As for the sling it comes with, I used it for 1 game and it felt pretty cheap and loud. I honestly didn't trust it considering the weight of these rifles, so I quickly replaced it with a real russian ak slings. I've got some if you want one for your AK. The swivel on mine has held up quite nicely and thats with my GP30 on the rifle too. I don't think you'll have issues with that.

Edited by EvilCookie
So you finally got one of these AKs RS! Good man, good. So far mine has been doing pretty good. I put metal bushings on it, upgraded the barrel to a DB 6.01 and changed the hopup to an element. Its shooting pretty good still but I want to chrono it next and check on the consistency from shot to shot.

As for the sling it comes with, I used it for 1 game and it felt pretty cheap and loud. I honestly didn't trust it considering the weight of these rifles, so I quickly replaced it with a real russian ak slings. I've got some if you want one for your AK. The swivel on mine has held up quite nicely and thats with my GP30 on the rifle too. I don't think you'll have issues with that.

Ah thanks man! I'm not tơo worried about the sling for some reason, the swivel just scares me. But after trying it out, I figure its so much easier to handle without a sling; which gets in the way often. Although I do get a little weary of shouldering it for more than several minutes... nêed to start lifting more weights. <_<

Thanks again EC! I'm more than satisfied with this purchase, only regret not buying it any sơoner while they still had the VFC finish on it. I think this lơoks like a TM AK74MN now after getting used to it.

Also has anyone broken their bolts? I've seen in foreign forum photos of broken bolts and get pretty hesitant in being too rough with it. . . I know, I'm a wuss. :(

rotto2rf2.jpg

(source: http://www.softairmania.it/forum/showthrea...41&page=10)

Edited by Revenge Seeker

I know, huge shame. But its not that bad. I'm still in love with it! Plus they added more details like making the rivets stick out, so its a lose-win. :D

Check out this review of the newer ones:

http://airsoft-barracks.com/reviews/electric/dboysrk02.php

Edited by Revenge Seeker
Also has anyone broken their bolts?

Yeah, it happens alot, mine did too. But hey, it's a $100 gun, can't expect miracles (beyond the fact you get a great-shooting, steel made, real wood AK for a lousy hundred bucks). If it happens, just epoxy on an alternative handle. No, doesn't look like an original handle, but if you really cared, you'd save up for a VFC.

Great. Now I have to be more careful with racking the bolt.

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to get the flash hider off with a wrench... it weren't easy. Now I can't even get it back on correctly.

DSC_0231.jpg

Trying to get that fat part out from under the flash hider. I twisted the thing clockwise to get it the way it is now. Certainly not as easy as the VFC vids show it on youtube.

the muzzle break is a conventional right hand thread that screws onto the outside thread fo the barrel adapter so it would be anti-clockwise to loosen it (ie turn it left), and then as the inner thread of the barrel adapter underneath is the left-hand thread (clockwise to unloosen it, so turn it right)

by turning the muzzle break right (clockwise), you've tightened it further onto its threads on outside of the barrel adapter, normally that would eventually lock and start to turn the barrel adapter along with it (ie loosening the barrel adapter from the barrel and leaving it firmly in the muzzle break)

could be wrong and hate to say it but from the photo looks like you've maybe stripped the threads on the muzzle - the majority of the thread on the barrel in that photo is totally silvered and doesnt look to have well-defined ridges as a thread should have

I got PWNed... :aggressive:

Snorkelman, you are right. I've completely busted my threads. The flash hider does not connect at all . . . you cannot imagine the frustration I'm feeling right now. My first perfect rifle, and I ruined it! Nothing was wrong until now.

So basically the flash hider slides off when I put it on. Right now I'm superglueing it and hopefully some time later this week, after my hands heal from the cranking, I'll try to tighten the adapter so that the flash hider fits as it should.

Before:

22-1.jpg

After:

DSCN0726.jpg

:angry2:

If only i weren't so busy-bodied. . .

to be honest they usually arent on all that tight so its unusual to see that much torque needed to get the parts apart (though if you were tightening the flash hider down onto the barrel adapter you could have locked it on pretty tiht) Is possible you put a little sideways twist into it as you tried to use the wrench and thats left you slightly recutting the thread between muzzle adapter and barel adapter.

few suggestions

1 dont permanently glue the setup back onto the barrel try to sperate those two parts while they're off the barrel

2 give the base of the barrel adapter a sharp (but light) tap with a small hammer just to make sure its sitting as square as possible in the muzzle break before trying to unscrew it any further. If you are gripping the barrel adapter with a wrench in order to unscrew it from the muzzle break make sure you only grip it below its threads

3 if you've access to a heat source (ie small gas powered blowlamp not a full on cutting torch hehe) play a bit of heat around the lower section of the muzzle break where the barrel adapter screws in before trying to unscrew it

once you get the two parts apart lightly dress any mangly bits on the barrel adapters outer thread with a small triangular needle file, and use a wire brush to clean any swarf out of the barrel adapters inner thread, give both parts a light smear of oil before fittin them back together

Once both of them are back together and the adapter is neatly inside the muzzle break then glue the lotonto the outer barrel with a strong epoxy etc should make for a reasonable fix

for a more permanent fix probably worth checking with RSOV to see if they sell RK02/03 outer barrels seperately - most dboys AK parts seem to be buyable on their own and that would give you a permanent fix for the chewed up outer barrel threads (even with the postage from HK it mightn't be that exensive as the outer barrel ought to be relatively light)

Edited by snorkelman

Thanks Snorkelman, I've tried number 1 and 2 with no prevail and I hesitate on number 3. Also tried greasing it, didn't work. Probably some moron on the assembly line decided to glue the adapter and flash hider together... why else would it be this hard? Thank you Mr. Idioto at the assembly line...

Thanks again, I can live with a 1/4 inch silver gaping there. May not look that correct, but I say its a battle injured AK. ;)

Edited by Revenge Seeker

Aww, thanks guys for caring. I'm glad to say, after spending the whole day with this measly little thing, I finally got it on! Thanks Snorkelman but none of your ways worked that well, still its the thought that counts.

I had to permanently glue on the adapter to the barrel to get enough cleavage with addition of a load of grease and couple hour wait for it to work its magic. Although the whole process got me back to where I started plus scratches all over my beauty. :(

DSCN0727.jpg

Here's an interesting thing I'd like to share of my day's experience. After giving up for a few hours, I went to Poweredge (local airsoft store) with the flash hider and adapter stuck in it and asked if they could help me out (unfortunately they couldn't either).

But while I was there, I saw this neat AK105 they just got and upon close inspection, I was almost certain that it was completely identical to my RK02 in terms of the metal finish and plastic coloring. I thought perhaps maybe somehow they got the RK08 before everyone else but when I asked what the gun was, I was completely shocked to hear 4 syllables . . . "Inokatsu". . .

Now I know people who own Inokatsu's would be outraged to hear their beauty being compared to a cheapsoft but I'm just saying, it was near impossible for me to tell the difference between the Inokatsu they had there with dboy's new finish on their RK02 I'm holding now. Don't attack me, this is just what I saw and experienced today.

Same as other post but no luck with answers.

Im thinking of buying this and have a few questions. I want the full size one, aks74.

I want to make this as reliable and range effective as possible and making the compression good seem way to go.

Is the guarder cylinder enhancement set compatible? http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-CYLINDER-ENHAN...1742.m153.l1262

I have heard that this is not compatiable and have heard is does anyone have experience with this in thier ak74?

From people who have used the guarder sets in any ak, are they worth 50 dollars? The complete set seems to be the most

logical way to upgrade everything as you would save 30 or more dollars opposed to buying everything seperatly.

1. Is it compatable?

2. Is the piston/head, cylinder/head, air nozzle superior to the stock parts to justify cost.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hey, do you guys think if someone buys this from Hong Kong, they'd get the old VFC finish? Apparently this review below was just posted and his is exactly like the old (with all its poor QC glory):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMqrQ0vEytU

And everyone who've posted pics of the dull RK02/03 said they bought it from Pointact which is a US based retailer so maybe the new dull tone is actually a US version? Perhaps?