Sellers who take an unnecessary amount of time to ship.

m0biusace

A letter to the Arnies Airsoft Community:

When I exchange money with someone, I expect a certain level of service. That level of service is very basic, and basically involves getting the item that I purchased, with the money that the seller now has, to me with the least amount of excuses in the fastest amount of time. Many times I have paid for an item only to get it more than a week later, when I sent the money on a sunday hoping to get the gun at least before friday, for a game I had on the weekend where I wanted to use my new (to me, at least), well earned airsoft gun.

Well I never got my gun on time, the seller claims he has been out of town since tuesday (he is a teenager, last I checked they had compulsory schooling?), and considering that he wasn't supposed to return until tomorrow it isn't that big of a stretch to say that he knew about this trip beforehand. Why didn't he ship it monday? If he couldnt get to the post office on monday for the 60 seconds it takes to drop off a package, printing out the postage at home, why didnt he contact USPS for free pickup? Furthermore, why didnt he tell me ahead of time that he was going to be out of town and might not be able to ship it out on monday for some reason? Like I said before, when I exchange money with someone I expect a certain amount of service. This is something I have experienced many times (and I know many of you have as well), and it finally ticked me off enough that I had to write about it.

So here is a promise I make to all of you: when you pay me your hard earned money for an item many of us have searched for, for weeks, saving for perhaps longer than that, I will guarantee your item shipped within 36 hours. And if not, free overnight shipping. No ifs, no buts, just service.

When I have in my power the ability to get off my butt and do something that only takes no longer than half an hour (and if your print the postage at home, half that time), I have no problem making that claim.

So I ask all of you who read this rant, please make the small effort necessary to ensure a great experience for all your buyers. Be responsible, ship the item on time, and if you happen to have an extended trip that happens right after I send you my money, please tell me promptly, and don't leave me wondering where the heck my item is.

If you agree, post a reply. And when someone you deal with takes an unnecessary amount of time shipping, send them this thread to show them how you feel.

Sincerely,

m0biusace

I do agree with you on that one.

If the buyer has taken the time to pay for the items in a prompt and timely manner then the least the seller can do is to return the gesture.

Obviously there will be occasions where the seller will not be able to send the item promptly but a quick PM will put the buyers mind at ease and resolve any bad feelings.

Whenever I sell an item on Arnies, ebay etc I always make a geniune attempt to send the item the day after payment is received. This is the kind of service I hope for myself so it is the kind of service I attempt to extend to others.

I agree wholeheartedly. I try my hardest to get the item posted within two working days. I always send my buyers a PM telling them this, plus I send another PM once the item is posted, including any tracking information. I believe in treating others as I would like to be treated myself. Of course, we have another problem in the UK, with the Post Office currently taking three days or more to deliver 1st Class items!! That used to be a next day service. Progress, huh? :)

+1 on this one. i too bought a gun in hopes of using it for a game the following weekend.

i paid for it on october 24th. seller said he would ship ASAP by UPS insured with tracking #. fine with me. a week later, no gun, i PM him, and he says, trying to reassure me, "i have it all packaged up and ready to ship tomorrow morning. i will pm you the tracking number right after that".

at this point i was already angry that he had decided to wait a whole week, which is definintely NOT asap. next day, no tracking #. i pm him, no reply that day. this morning, he pm's, and innocently says "pardon me, did i forget to send you the tracking number?"

yeah. i would send you a PM asking you for my tracking # even though you had already sent it to me the day you promised. clearly, you had NOT sent it to me, otherwise, i would not be asking you for the # a day late.

he finally replies later that day saying that he didn't get to ship it out until THIS MORNING, more than a week later. he claims it was due to a "hectic halloween."

EXCUSE ME: you sold me this gun based on the fact that the fire in southern california has called you to sell your gun for funds. you even went so far as to post a picture of the billowing smoke filling the sky. before i expressed any interest in purchasing the rifle, i asked how you were doing and wished you the best. BUT then you attribute your lack of speedy service(i won't even say speedy, just your lack of service) to a HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION.

i'm sorry, but if you're life and family is in danger from a fire that has caused hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate for safety, you should not be celebrating halloween and not shipping something someone paid for more than a WEEK ago. now i will not be able to use the rifle as i had hoped.

for anybody wondering who this is, PM me. i will probably put this in the bad experiences forum, anyway.

On every deal i have have ever done once payment is cleared or recieved the parcel gets posted the next working day with a tracing number , then the buyer is updated daily on the progress , even to the point i can prove a proof of delivery most times before the buyer has chance to pm me they have recieved the parcel ,

Working for a UK national parcel company i understand the you pay for the item and excpect a next day 2 day turn around for your goods ,

And every item ever sent it recorded and insured up to the correct ammount because we all know how things can get dammaged in the transport industry

Archived