Quick note about PFC advertising

Arnie

Just a quick note. A few people have listed PFCs as "full auto blank firers".

PFCs are not blank firers and listing them as such could be read the wrong way. PFCs use a cap and reusable shell not a blank (certainly not in the firearm sense) and obviously don't work like a firearm.

Please don't term a PFC as a "blank firer" as best case we'll edit your sale to read correctly or worst case it'll be deleted.

---

On the bonus side, you can now sell PFC caps if you're selling on a PFC gun, but please be aware of laws that may pertain to their transport via courier or postal service (best to check before you send).

I listed mine as full auto cause it is. When I made reference to it being blank firing I did so to distinguish it from airsoft as I originally posted it in that section. And also to let people know what it did (makes noise, flames, recoils and ejects used shells) I did however point out the difference between PFC and standard blanks (less loud). Hope my ad didn't cause any trouble or confusion.

But legalities and technical terminology aside, they are essentially the same thing non? I mean, aside from the fact the cart is fired from the front and is reusable, whack a couple of caps in the cartridge and you get almost as much bang for a lot less buck I found. With muzzle flash too!

But yeah, I can sell the caps with it now? Nice one boss! :D

they cant be the one and the same thing for legal reasons.

if they are, then they - and whoever owns one - would be in for a rough ride.

i think arnies just trying to clarify so his *albartroth* stays clean, if you know what i mean.

i personally have always thought of them as separate from the blank fire category anyway.

• 2 years later...

"Whack a couple of caps in" and you end up with at best, a model with a significantly reduced lifespan, or busted carts, and SOD ALL muzzle flash worth mentioning (without special modification). Aside from the Marushin full-metal rifles designed for such loads, two or more caps is utterly pointless.

• 9 months later...

The dictionary defines a blank cartridge as a 'bullet casing with explosives set but no bullet slug'.

A plug fire cartridge does have the explosive charge (all beit a very small one) but is NOT a bullet casing, as a bullet CANNOT be fitted.

So, they are very different & do not mean the same thing.

If it were thought that they were the same thing legally then the guns would not be legally obtainable.

AP.

Archived