KJW M9 Full Metal GBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just picked up theKJW M9 full metal gun from ebay for about $125 usd. It came with an extra magazine too.

i'll have to say it's a nice piece for the money. you can't beat the feel of the real steel in your hand. i've had it for about two weeks now and i haven't had one problem with it. there is no issue with a sticky slide or jamming that i heard about. the only thing i noticed is if i have it loaded and i take out the magazine then replace sometimes it will load another BB in the chamber resulting in the second one rolling out the barrel.

i suggest that anyone who is thinking about getting this gun to go for it.

Heh, that's the one I got too. Did you have the feed problem that a BB sometimes flies out of the chamber when the slide is blown back? I had this a couple times like I mentioned in the review, and I think it's due to BB misfeed, but instead of jamming, the extra BB just flew out. :P

Heh, that's the one I got too.  Did you have the feed problem that a BB sometimes flies out of the chamber when the slide is blown back?  I had this a couple times like I mentioned in the review, and I think it's due to BB misfeed, but instead of jamming, the extra BB just flew out. :P

yeah. that happened to me but i think it was because i pulled the clip out to check my ammo and reinserted it. when i pulled the clip out there was already one in the chamber and then when i put it back it loaded another BB in the chamber and the first one rolled out.

like i said, other than that i haven't had any problems with it and i've fired it about one full can of green gas so far. i don't really play any airsoft games i just use it for shooting fun.

i had a question: are there any upgrades for this gun? i would like to get a stronger spring or be able to get more FPS out of it.

PING!

How about you make a video of the KJW firing? I've never heard the FMV fire, and was wondering about the sound it makes, and the sounds when you put the mag in and when you release the slide. I was leaning towards the KSC because of the decocker feature, (I LOVE decockers) but your review has me considering...

Thanks,

Evan Levesque

• 2 months later...
I have been looking to find the western arms 92f PV but no1 seems to have them, so i think this one is a good alternative and only £95 i mite have to get a few :D

Yep, it is indeed a good and inexpensive alternative to other 92FS. Just make sure you test before you buy so you won't get one of those lemons.

• 2 weeks later...

Shao14, great review!!

Hows the gun holding up until now?

I've read a lot of great initial reviews on this gun, but haven't heard much about durability...

Thanks!!

Shao14, great review!!

Hows the gun holding up until now?

I've read a lot of great initial reviews on this gun, but haven't heard much about durability...

Thanks!!

Oh yea, it's still great as new though I haven't abused it much besides the around the house shooting. Estimate just a few hundred rounds through it, all using green gas. I intend on putting it through a few skirmishes this summer if I ever get to it. :P

As far as I know, the KJW metal M9 will hold up just fine unless you get a defective gun which will break when you open the box.

Edited by Shao14

Like I said before, a lot of retailers are idiots. They post misleading or just completely wrong informations on their websites. Yes, there's fixed hop up in the KJW full metal M9. See for yourself.

KJWM9HopUp.jpg

I got mine from ehobby asia on ebay for $125 that include the gun and two mags.

Like I said before, a lot of retailers are idiots.  They post misleading or just completely wrong informations on their websites.  Yes, there's fixed hop up in the KJW full metal M9.  See for yourself. 

imageee

I got mine from ehobby asia on ebay for $125 that include the gun and two mags.

Yeah, I definately believed you over the retailers; I was just worried that they had taken the hop-up out of the gun in a newer version of it or something stupid like that. Thanks :)

Was shipping insane on that? Because that is a better price than I've seen anywhere else. :) (I'm assuming that you live in the US cuz you said dollars... if you don't then nevermind :P)

Edited by Erestheux
  • 5 weeks later...

Excellent review. I also own a KJW M9 FMV, one of the first, and I must say although I love it (its the first airsoft gun bought), it has had a few more problems that I know other people have experienced-

First, after about 3 weeks my trigger spring broke. Hard to replace part. This was apparently a fairly common problem, although I have not heard of anyone whos purchased a new version and had this, so I think they use better spring metal now.

Also, for the first two weeks or so of use, the slide would get locked back with the gas cylinder stuck fowards. This only happened probably a total of 15 times and has since gone away, but I have heard and seen this problem in other KJ M9s too. Lube/wear seem to make it a non-issue.

The two mags I had (I believe one is for a M9 Elite, since one has a silver and the other a brass fill valve) are also slowly wearing out their valves, I've only had to replace one though and thats after more than a year of use. For the first year they functioned just plain flawlessly, very easy to fill, no leaks.

And lastly I lost my left safety switch and broke the mag release. I recommend periodically checking the screws on your safety. As for the mag release, I just broke it when a mag seemed to be stuck inside...be careful and this probably won't happen to you, I havent heard of anyone else having this problem.

========

So thats everything that went wrong with my M9, in summary, but I think there are a couple other sort of general bits you ought to mention, about the M9 and metal in general.

After handling this full metal gun I must say it feels awesome. It is very heavy (though not excessively), and it just brings the realism to a whole new level. To players who are used to ABS (before I bought this, thats all I had handled), full metal is a dream. It also makes the gun incredibly tough. I have repeatedly dropped it onto my concrete garage floor, stepped on it, and even once accidentally threw it through a light fixture (it bounced off the ceiling, even), and none of those did anything but cosmetic damage.

There are a couple downsides to full metal guns that make me wonder if my next pistol will be metal. First, since its so damned heavy it changes the way I run, and tends to fall out / be generally finicky in flimsy holsters. You'll need it FIRMLY attached to you. Second since the slide is metal the recoil is not very good and the action is actually slower. Although it makes an awesome sound when firing and reloading, sometimes I wish it had an fast action, like a TM 1911 gbb. Also, when I'm firing at people they know exactly which gun I'm using.

The M9 series, too must be acknowledged as one of the most ergonomical ever designed. Its just so...comfortable. Its fairly easy to use with a good pair of gloves, relatively snag-free, and simply has a fantastic shape. This makes a big difference in the time it takes to draw and fire the pistol as well as its accuracy. It also makes it fairly easy to shoot accurately without looking down the sights or even at the pistol (although thats usually discouraged for safety reasons). Every other pistol I pick up is compared against this one.

Given the money, I would definetely buy a new one. I'm very confident given the number of players I've seen with new ones that are functioning flawlessly, that most of their previous quality control problems have been fixed. Since its a pistol and you really dont use it very often, I don't mind it not being the best performer. Its more for show, and thats where the metal really counts. Its also nice to not have to worry, at all, about damaging your pistol. When its strapped to my chest I don't worry about diving onto a dry creek bed or dinging it against my rifle. I just pretend like its not their, and although I'm not always aware of it, I'm much more careful with ABS pistols.

Annnyways, just my two cents. Someday I will write my own review for arnies since I've actually seen quite a few of these. Maybe this could be appended (and rewritten).

PS- The sights on this gun should definetely be painted.