Spetsnaz Paint Question

futbolpunk

I've read the guides about painting my gun, and this question doesn't have to do with that anyway.

I have a Spetsnaz, and I love the black look of it (I'm not big on camo painted guns ;) ). The mock dust cover (or w/e it's called) has always stuck out to me... in a bad way. I was wondering what you guys would think about me painting it black to match the rest of the gun.

If it did, does anyone know the specific black that would match best? (Semi-gloss Krylon??) Also, surely it would be much easier to take the piece out then and paint it, right?

Thanks for any advice.

if you want it to look professional, you must first take the part out of the gun, Matte is the finish of the paint, you can also call it flat. now to make it look even better, clear coat it with flat clear, or semi-gloss clear if you want a subtle sheen. the clear also adds a little durability to the black undedrcoat.

also, VERY important to make sure you don't have runs, your first coat of paint should be a "tack" coat , meaning VERY light, just a dusting really, then several light coats waiting for it to completely dry in between. dull spray paint drys very quickly, maybe 15 minutes between coats. remember light coats

Archived