N00b CO2 Question

futbolpunk

Yeah, I know almost nothing about CO2, so I'm here to learn, lol.

The KWC CO2 Dual-tone DE interests me. I was wondering, with the little CO2 cartridges, do they come filled with CO2? Also, is there any way to refill them after you use them? Lastly, about how often do I need to lube the gun to keep it functioning well (I'm not an obsessive compulsive luber, lmao)?

Thanks guys!

On the other hand, no. The KWV DE isn't the best CO2 pistol.

The HFC M190 is full-metal and is sold with a CO2 mag which allows it to fire at about 400fps.

The CO2 powerlets cost about £8 for 10 and come filled with liquid CO2.

You can buy an adaptor which allows CO2 guns to work with compressed air but the whole thing gets a bit complicated with hoses and stuff.

Does anyone have any info about refillable CO2 cartidges (if they exist)? I would be willing to pay more if I could refill them myself. It seems like if they just had a valve on it and you had an air compressor you should be able to fill them (I understand this is different then the dispossable ons).

Thanks guys.

Disposable ones would probably be better. Wait are they like the ones at Wal-Mart...for the CO2 powered BB rifles and pistols....

If they arn't you might be able to get something where it would take the CO2 out of the Daisy Co2 canisters and put it into the refillable ones or somthing.....

lah dee deee.....lah dee dah...

~Prometheus

Well, I've just heard a lot of people complain about the cost of CO2 cartridges over time, and money saved is... money, lmao. Also, it seems like such a waste of metal, lol. You can buy them at wal-mart, right? I'm pretty sure there's really only one size of them.

I think I really need to sit down and calculate the cost per shot of CO2, Gree Gas, and HFC134. Ah, so many choices!!

kickasspartan, do you have an "exact" number of shots that each catridge will fire from the DE, since you have one? I've heard around 60, but I'm sure it's more for some guns than others.

Ok, thanks for the info. Wal-mart sells a 25 pack for $12, so they're $.48 each.

Well, using prices from Wal-mart and Airsoft Atlanta (where I'd buy each gas from) and the average number of shots from kickasspartan and the average estimate from AA, I came up with these numbers:

CO2 - .8 cents per shot

Green Gas - .5 cents per shot

HFC134 - .6 cents per shot

I would have expected the HFC134 and CO2 to switch places, but I guess not. This isn't very encouraging, but I guess to get 380 fps, it's worth it, lol. Kickasspartan, can you compare the kick and accuracy to that of a TM DE? A friend of mine has the black version, and I was planning on getting the chrome (bling BLING) until I saw the $100 KWC Green Gas version and the $150 KWC CO2 version. Now I'm in quite a dilema... :unsure:

Try to find c02 cartridges in bulk, I bought mine for 25 cents each. It might be my climate, but I get around 80 shots out of my cartridges, so for me, co2 is a no brainer when it comes to cost.

If your worried about wasting metal, just recycle them...

And a word of warning about the the co2 HFC M190, my friend bought two and they both broke within 200 shots, it might have just been the batch though.

My freind is getting a KWC green gas desert eagle so hopefully I will get to try that out soon.

And hopefully you'll post a comparisson here to help me out. :D It almost seems too good to be true - $100 for a Green GBB.

Sealgaire, where did you buy your cartridges in bulk from? Did you order them online?

I bought them for that much from wallmart quite a while ago, however I just asked a friend and he says that they now charge around 50 cents per cartridge. I must have bought mine while they were still waiting for the local sporting goods store to go out of business :angry:

Oh well, it still only costs me 25 cents per 40 round magazine, which is still negligible.

Not sure if the desert eagle uses more than the sigma 40f, but i get 2 mags out of a powerlet ~ 80 rounds. Haven't used it in the heat yet, so it might get more in the summer, not sure. One thing i will say, the power is far superior to any other gas guns out there, and i don't know of two many green gas mags that hold enough gas for 2x through.

Not sure if the desert eagle uses more than the sigma 40f, but i get 2 mags out of a powerlet ~ 80 rounds.  Haven't used it in the heat yet, so it might get more in the summer, not sure.  One thing i will say, the power is far superior to any other gas guns out there, and i don't know of two many green gas mags that hold enough gas for 2x through.

Getting 2 mags out of a fill of gas is no big deal. I get 2 and a half mags out of a fil of my KWA G19. And the G19 mag's aren't big either.

I'm assuming with all this power (380 fps) that this gun is considerably louder than your average GBB, which is quite loud.

A friend of mine with a TM DE Hardkick (black) was shooting as I came up to a game once and I could clearly hear each shot from across a pond. Also, they found out it's funny if you stick the gun next to someone's ear and dry fire it. The sound is so loud it literally hurts for a few seconds.

If I get this gun, I'll get my sweet, sweet revenge... :devil:

The gun actually shoots closer to 400-410 fps, punk. And yea it's loud, but not in the way you'd think.

The metal slide cycles so loud it's hard to hear the gas escaping from the muzzle. It's like hitting an iron slab with a hammer with about as much force as you would use to pound a nail in.

If you shot it in close proximity to someones ear, they'd be hearing bells.

Sid, the difference between the co2 guns getting 2 magazines out of each cartridge and your kwa glock 19 getting two and a half, is that your mag holds 20 bb's while the co2 mags hold 40,so you get 50 shots out of each fill, and they get 80.

Ya I've fired a co2 DE. Its pretty cool being full auto, but I wouldnt say 60 shots, we got about only 1 mag off it. The recoil is nice. Not much louder than any other GBB IMO. I like it, it is built well, and I think you'd have fun with it. I dont know if it has hop-up or not though. Oh and dont worrky about the co2 costs, I have a KWC co2 (adaptor) m9 and in a game you go through about 1-2 powerletts a day. Not much. I had 5 powerletts and they lasted me 3 games, meaning that you wont go through tons of em unless its your primary. Also check the rules at your local field as most places dont let you have auto at 400+ unless you're a sniper at 100ft away.

Local field? Screw that, lmao. I play at a friend's friend's farm out of town. They gave us a few acres to do whatever we wanted with.

I won't be using it as a primary (w00t, Spetsnaz), but I would still shoot it a lot to have fun and show it off. I've heard that it uses more gas on auto than semi, phish. Also, I've noticed that the mag is very much entended. Does it seem to interupt the overall look of the gun? In the only picture I've seen, the silver seems to be a cheap plastic and makes the whole gun look cheap, though I know it's what's on the inside that counts.

There's another version sold by KWC (kwc actually makes both guns, but cybergun sells the two tone version) that's all black and comes with ergo grips. You can buy it for about as much as the two tone from redwolfairsoft.com and uncompany.com with shipping.

On mine, both the slide and outer barrel are metal, is that what you meant spartan?

Also a clarification on the gas usage, when I said i get 2 mags out of each cartridge I meant on semi only. On full auto I'll get around a mag and a half. I rarely use the full auto in skirmishes because it reduces accuracy so much.

post-4861-1111746745_thumb.jpg

post-4861-1111746763_thumb.jpg

Actually, they aren't any bigger than the standard grips, the only difference between the hogue grips and factory is the finger grooves and a more aggressive texturing.

A couple guys on my team didn't care for the grips either, but quickly changed their minds after holding my desert eagle and our TM one.

Archived