M500 Shotgun Clone Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two ebay shops have a few accesories for the M500: 5 or 6 stocks, foremarms, rails, etc.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/CLASSICSPLUS...0895288QQsofpZ0

http://search.stores.ebay.com/ULTIMATEARMS...8776355QQsofpZ0

If you gy wanna find anything for the M500 (RS stuff) on ebay or anywhere else: dont type in M500, but "500" or "Mossberg 500". You can find some quite cheap rel wood furniture.

Guinness: do you think (or better: know) if you can fit a RS forend on the M500? How about this flat optic rail?

http://cgi.ebay.com/UTG-MOSSBERG-500-590-8...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

P.S. Come o-n! Bring out the "black-modern-tacticool" version of this! (and in 6mm if possible...)

• 2 weeks later...
has any one heard anything about a 6mm version of this coming out? Im thinking about getting this at somepoint but I dont know if I should wait for a 6mm version.

No but there is a 1J version :)

As me and my usual cronies now own have the stock of one Irish retailer and just need to wait until to-pocking-morrow to collect them from the sorting office.

I tell you what's the world coming too when the post office will not deliver a package containing 3 shotguns to your door on the week before christmas :).

DarkMM :pirate:

Bah, that's no good. I've got a 6mm version of the M500 that the Chinese companies are welcome to have if it means a clone could be made for the benefit of everyone!!!

Only problem is, I have a version that came without a hop unit. It's also the version that fires 5 shots as standard instead of 3. Genuine cloud of BB's with no more than 40 feet effective range! The only weird thing is, it's a solid stock version with a long barrel. Go figure <_<

Chas,

Make one. Guinness added all sorts of real-steel to his with just a little work, and made his black. Just saw it off, add a pistol foregrip and whatever stock makes you happy, plus a dozen or so shell-holders, and voila (sp?) you've got a nice custom one-of-a-kind tacticool 8mm shotgun for probably less than $250 if you do it right.

Guinness, have you had any problems with the gas unit leaking? Mine is leaking terribly, and I was wondering if it's something anybody else had a problem with. The leak is inside the gas unit, near where the barrel connects to the internals.

Negative, mine is not leaking. Sorry!

Thanks a lot for your review Guiness, you really convinced me and I do not regret one second this new acquisition. I followed your painting suggestions and I am very pleased about the end result.

here is mine:

1002298bgs3.jpg

1002301wc7.jpg

1002291km9.jpg

1002293pt9.jpg

One slight drawback: the hop-up unit is difficult to adjust as you have to takedown the entire barrel to have acces to the hop-up screw.

Are you using top gaz or something equivalent ?

...you have an aimpoint and a 7.63x39 mag on a 12 guage???

guinness, have you had a peek at the internals yet? any idea (this goes for anyone) how much work it would take to re-bore it for 6mm? i wouldnt mind using 8mm if it werent for the fact that if i want to mod it to fire about 6 BBs at once (a REAL shotgun :D) the 8mm magazine capacity just wont cut it. anyone got any ideas for removable or extended magazines on this thing? or even some way to optimise reload times?

...you have an aimpoint and a 7.63x39 mag on a 12 guage???

guinness, have you had a peek at the internals yet? any idea (this goes for anyone) how much work it would take to re-bore it for 6mm? i wouldnt mind using 8mm if it werent for the fact that if i want to mod it to fire about 6 BBs at once (a REAL shotgun :D) the 8mm magazine capacity just wont cut it. anyone got any ideas for removable or extended magazines on this thing? or even some way to optimise reload times?

Well I fixed the leak on my shotgun, at the same time becoming pretty familiar with the internals. It would take a lot of filling in the barrel as well as the magazine tube, not to mention filling in areas in the gas chamber. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure eventually, with a lot of work, you could make it shoot 6mm, but it really might not be worth it.

Well I fixed the leak on my shotgun, at the same time becoming pretty familiar with the internals. It would take a lot of filling in the barrel as well as the magazine tube, not to mention filling in areas in the gas chamber. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure eventually, with a lot of work, you could make it shoot 6mm, but it really might not be worth it.

How did you fix the leak bud? mine leaks when filling gas, you can actually see the gas comeing out of the front of the inner barrel, then it stops leaking and do hold gas :huh: . Last time I used it I think it shot a full mag on one fill, it also held gas (few second's fill) for couple of days.

How did you fix the leak bud? mine leaks when filling gas, you can actually see the gas comeing out of the front of the inner barrel, then it stops leaking and do hold gas :huh: . Last time I used it I think it shot a full mag on one fill, it also held gas (few second's fill) for couple of days.

shotgungas.jpg

Ok, here's the diagram I made, excuse the quality. First you remove part 1 by unscrewing it, I used the pliers on my Leatherman. The lower portion shows what you would find if it were a cutaway. Part 4 is the rod that the spring goes on, part 3 is a small metal circular guide piece with a hole in the middle for the plunger on the end of the rod to fit through. Part 2 is the o ring you will find in place when you get the gun. I noticed that is did not make a seal, so I placed another oring in addition to the normal oring, in between the normal one and part 3. It sealed it up perfectly, but it should also work if you get a replacement oring of the same size as the original. That was my first plan, but I think I bought every size but the one I needed, so my fix had to do.

ETA: Guinness, any chance you can show what parts needed to be modified to make your pistol grip fit?

Edited by CAPAIRMAN

AEG barrel for the inner barrel and probably just some 6mm tubing for the mag tube. i'd want to do a chop job on it anyway.

i just wondered how hard it would be, i'd get someone else to do it obviously, i wouldnt trust myself with the internals. just wondered if whether by the time i'd spent all that money and got it just the way i wanted i'd have ended up spending the equivilent of a 6mm marushin.

HPIM1838.jpg

After a bit of work I got the stock on, now I just need to repaint the thing to get rid of the nasty chrome. If I may ask Guinness, what paint did you use to get the coat in the following picture?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Alv...teM5001_sml.png

It doesn't look like the final blued version that I saw you list, and I quite like it.

shotgungas.jpg

Ok, here's the diagram I made, excuse the quality. First you remove part 1 by unscrewing it, I used the pliers on my Leatherman. The lower portion shows what you would find if it were a cutaway. Part 4 is the rod that the spring goes on, part 3 is a small metal circular guide piece with a hole in the middle for the plunger on the end of the rod to fit through. Part 2 is the o ring you will find in place when you get the gun. I noticed that is did not make a seal, so I placed another oring in addition to the normal oring, in between the normal one and part 3. It sealed it up perfectly, but it should also work if you get a replacement oring of the same size as the original. That was my first plan, but I think I bought every size but the one I needed, so my fix had to do.

ETA: Guinness, any chance you can show what parts needed to be modified to make your pistol grip fit?

cheers fella . Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Found some cheaper replacement bars:

Deep Fire set for 34$

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ACC11_srch_m500

Marushin left and right bar

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...0NO19_srch_m500

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...0NO20_srch_m500

Anyone know wether it is possible to hackup the barrel to match the the ammo tube length? How about shortening the ammo tubei tself? How hard wouldthis be, considering you would have to change the inner barrel and Im not to keen on fiddling around the gas system?