M500 Shotgun Clone Review

As I understand it, this shoots about 280 FPS on green with .36s? What BBs weight of BBs would be best to use, and what is the velocity with them on green?

The velocity limit at my site is approximately 1.8 joules, with a 20 foot MED. 280 w/ .36 would be 1.3 joules, but it seems from the soda can tests I've seen to have a fair bit of power.

If I were to use it outside of 20 feet, would I be in danger of injuring anyone? Sorry, I'm just not too familiar with the power of 8mm.

Also, sorry if this post is a bit jumbled, I haven't slept in a while.

Edited by supportgunner
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supportgunner, I have the Marushin version of this lovely pump gun and here is what I can tell you. I prefer to use hfc 134a in this because it is a close up weapon for me. With the mentioned gas and either .27s or .45s it has range out to 70 feet. You could lob the bbs further, but they have too much spread to be sure of getting one on target beyond that range. Green gas will give you slightly more power, but the bbs still spread as I mentioned before. It is really a 70 foot MAX type of weapon, though I would stick to shorter ranges to be sure of getting your target.

To answer your question about injury, I did a little test and found that at 15 feet the impact of .45 8mm bbs with hfc 134a isn't bad at all (by this I mean you aren't going to have obvious bb marks when you check your skin). I do this with every airsoft replica I have as I won't use something on someone without testing it on myself first.

Edited by PsychoJim
To answer your question about injury, I did a little test and found that at 15 feet the impact of .45 8mm bbs with hfc 134a isn't bad at all (by this I mean you aren't going to have obvious bb marks when you check your skin). I do this with every airsoft replica I have as I won't use something on someone without testing it on myself first.

And here I thought I was the only kook who did that! :D

Rejoice!!! Gunners got the 6 mm version (in black nontheless).

Guinness: I dont wanna hijack your thread, its just that many people, like me, who have been following this thread, have been eagerly waiting for a 6mm version.

To all: do you think its worth spending round 35$ more and buying this from wgc or uncompany? I mean, how big is the lemon rate in these guns?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I have one of this replica since few months! I was pretty satisfied but i have noticed less performance during last games...

So i have disassembled the whole shotgun to see...

I have put some grease and tighten the hopup unit.

But after this the trigger is really hard to pull...

I think the problem could come from the reasemble...or from the trigger unit...

If you have an idea it would be great! Thanks!

Hi!

I have one of this replica since few months! I was pretty satisfied but i have noticed less performance during last games...

So i have disassembled the whole shotgun to see...

I have put some grease and tighten the hopup unit.

But after this the trigger is really hard to pull...

I think the problem could come from the reasemble...or from the trigger unit...

If you have an idea it would be great! Thanks!

I've noticed that if you tighten the stock bolt too far, it'll impede the trigger movement on mine... you could try taking a look at that.

Also posted in the shotgun picture thread.

- Manually cut down barrel

- UTG Mossberg rail bolted in the rear sight holes (had to drill another hole in the rail so that it would fit)

- Cheap Electro red/green dot/reticle sight

- Uncle Mike's Mountain Sling

- Knoxx SpecOps NRS stock

- Mossberg factory blued heatshield

ACM_Mossberg_500_3.jpg

ACM_Mossberg_500_4.jpg

Edited by Lt.Fenix

Ok guys !

I just found the time to repair mine :)

The Proud Replacement charging arms DO NOT fit the clone version, they require about 2 hours of File'in to get to work even then its very ridgid to cock.

The tube trick to get the 6mm version to fire less rounds works fantastically, mine is set to 3 rounds which gives it more range than my spring shotgun :) See Tintin for info on this i wont post a guide as he invented the technique.

Replacing the o rings does make a difference on gas used, plus it boosted the power a little.

Mine fires around 330 fps to 350 depending on cooldown and weather with a very impressive grouping of 3cm so they dont spread too much with the 3bb setting, single shot your looking at 400fps but who wants a single shot shotgun right ?

Overall on the work i have had to do on this i am not impressed at the cost £50 for new arms, £10 for new o rings and about 4 hours of work. If you were to buy this be prepared on fixing it if it goes wrong

Or you could just make a new bar out of steel like I did. Took 20 minutes and a scrap piece of steel that was just laying around.

thats what im planning on doing when mine goes, but maybe not everyone has easy access to the tools/steel etc, or the capability of machining new parts? ;)

Ok guys !

I just found the time to repair mine :)

The Proud Replacement charging arms DO NOT fit the clone version, they require about 2 hours of File'in to get to work even then its very ridgid to cock.

The tube trick to get the 6mm version to fire less rounds works fantastically, mine is set to 3 rounds which gives it more range than my spring shotgun :) See Tintin for info on this i wont post a guide as he invented the technique.

Replacing the o rings does make a difference on gas used, plus it boosted the power a little.

Mine fires around 330 fps to 350 depending on cooldown and weather with a very impressive grouping of 3cm so they dont spread too much with the 3bb setting, single shot your looking at 400fps but who wants a single shot shotgun right ?

Overall on the work i have had to do on this i am not impressed at the cost £50 for new arms, £10 for new o rings and about 4 hours of work. If you were to buy this be prepared on fixing it if it goes wrong

I was thinking about trying to do this mod so four shots where fired each time. Do you think this would increase the fps so that it still was below 328 fps and safe for CQB.

I was thinking about trying to do this mod so four shots where fired each time. Do you think this would increase the fps so that it still was below 328 fps and safe for CQB.

well it depends on gas use 134 and there should be no problems at all :)

Also posted in the shotgun picture thread.

- Manually cut down barrel

- UTG Mossberg rail bolted in the rear sight holes (had to drill another hole in the rail so that it would fit)

- Cheap Electro red/green dot/reticle sight

- Uncle Mike's Mountain Sling

- Knoxx SpecOps NRS stock

- Mossberg factory blued heatshield

Gorgeous scattergun Fenix!