M500 Shotgun Clone Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started by sanding the finish down using coarse steel-wool and 800 grit sandpaper. Then I sprayed it with the Rustoleum Automotive Primer, about three coats of that- Then I took very fine steel wool went over the primer lightly, after that I went over it with a clean soft cloth.

The next paint layer was 2 coats of Rustoleum black metallic 'protective' enamel, then finally a very light layer of deep blue Krylon. I finished with another rub-down with very fine steel wool, then the soft cloth.

All this was done in my garage, using coat-hangers to hold the pieces to paint and then dry- A proper painting booth and paint sprayer would have been the best, but oh well

Is the arm joining the wood pump handle still made from monkey metal or have they improved on the origional by making it from steel?

Only I have three Marushin Chargers all waiting for a steel replacement part.

Being its the clone, I'm betting its pot metal- both sides of mine seem to be doing fine though-

I have 'Terminator' cocked it a couple times even ;)

No worries, my French comes from Google translator :P

I got the grip from eBay and yes, I expect all the real-steel parts would fit, except the bead sight which will take some modding, but I'm going to just get a Tanaka M870 for a folding stock Shotty.

Slainte!

Yes sir,

There is all This

Then Cabela's has This

Which is more the traditional Remmy style :D

But likely you'd have to find a willing US citizen to smuggle that in for ya :whistling:

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

i like this.

how many rounds does it hold ? fires 3 at once yeah ? looks a bazillion times better in black with the full stock. are real wood parts expensive in the US ? i dont think the wood effect plastic looks that bad tbh, but it wont feel as good.

be interesting to see if it would be at all possible to turn this into a 6mm version. i like the idea of modding the loading nozzle to chamber around 6 BBs to compensate for the power output from green but with 8mm you'd get hardly any shots, i think the marushin 6mm holds about 120 odd which would be much better.

i like this.

how many rounds does it hold ? fires 3 at once yeah ? looks a bazillion times better in black with the full stock. are real wood parts expensive in the US ? i dont think the wood effect plastic looks that bad tbh, but it wont feel as good.

...hmmm kinda reminds me of Hitchhikers-

42...the answer to everything is 42

But to be clear :P the Shotgun holds 48 8mm bbs

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

chas requested I put the original ghost ring sites back on and take some pics-

So here you go sir!

M500BluedOldSights4a_sml.png

M500BluedOldSights8a_sml.png

I may apply a bit of aging and weathering to the shotty next along the lines of Sgt. McKenzie's amazing Tanaka M870- I'll post pics on the outcome.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

Slainte!

Awww....yeeaahh!!! Awesome. Simply awesome. Im gonna have to go through your painting guide again, as the finish looks fantastic; really.

Thanks for taking the time to fullfull my wishes! :D

Cheers!

P.S. Sorry if I missed it on your review, but: can you put a RS forend on this beast?

Edited by chas