stewpot_smile2005 - Stolen £50!

ostego

hi,

ordered a plam PDA off him for £50, paid over 2 months ago

Didnt receive after a month, so dtarted up a dispute having had no contact. Paypal were able to retrieve £3.65.... useless.

stewpot_smile2005 : I want my money back!

He's ignoring my messages

Is there anything else i can do!?

I live near woking (where he lives) so could go burn his house down?

I live near woking (where he lives) so could go burn his house down?

This is how the most epic threads begin I'm sure of it.

Whatever you feel is the most logical course of action mate.

This is how the most epic threads begin I'm sure of it.

Whatever you feel is the most logical course of action mate.

hehe, aye! I'll go as far as it takes!

Nah! I doubt that far though, however, i've been advised that perhaps getting this sorted through small claims court may be the way to go! And i'll be looking deeper into this if this last call for a refund bears no fruit.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry1550861

Just found that! seems someone else has had this trouble with this guy too! Yet he got refunded.

This is really getting annoying

Source his address via the net and 118118, Both very useful in sourcing info.

If you live near him, take a trip round with your brother/dad. I don't mean to smash his head into pieces like a watermelon. Just face to face is best way to sort things, he'll be sure to sort it then, otherwise worst thing, phone police, you have his address, you have evidence. It's fraud. simple.

Source his address via the net and 118118, Both very useful in sourcing info.

If you live near him, take a trip round with your brother/dad. I don't mean to smash his head into pieces like a watermelon. Just face to face is best way to sort things, he'll be sure to sort it then, otherwise worst thing, phone police, you have his address, you have evidence. It's fraud. simple.

how!? I dont even know his name!

All i know is that he owns the domian 150-hosting.co.uk which isn't even working at the moment! So i assume he's closed it down, or is simply awful at setting up internet hosting himself!

I also know he lives in reading

Is there no way the Mods could give me some extra info he's got registered with his account.

Do they make you register your name?

That's why i see the only way i'll be able to obtain his details is through paypal, which will require a solicitor or somebody that's not simply "common folk" such as myself!

urm then you could go to http://www.nominet.org.uk/other/whois/

and do a whois lookup on 150-hosting.co.uk and see who the registrant is

now a note of caution a lot of the time that wont get you the info you're looking for as the registrant might be an agent acting on behalf of the individual who owns the domain

..but in other cases you may find the name is the same as the real registrant and the address might match too...

who knows assuming that is the person, and is his/her address then you might even then be able to do a directory enquiries search to see if you can find out their phone number too..

thanks a bundle mate.

"Stewart Di*ck" it seems. Sounds about right!

I'll try and get a phone number.

address registered in Durham, seems to be the address of another hosting site.

edit - can't find contact details.

But, have located his bebo site :

"i don't use bebo loads any more...forums and myspace FTW!, but meh...

stew...

noodles....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmer...boy...

cos of my charm :P

stewart,"

He's 16, and seems to like noodles.

Better not have blown my £50 on them.

Stewie boy. It's time you paid up.

Ah you'll most likely be out of luck then. By sounds of it its the hosting company he got his domain registered thru that the address is for rather than his own address so while you've probably got the real name (or at least the one on the credit card/bank account he used to pay for his hosting etc) you're still no further forward as far as address goes :(

he;d have to have registered his address with paypal, along with credit details for it to work! So if it does boil down to a legal matter, then i'll eventually be able to contact him that way.

I've just sent him a bebo message, as he was on that 22 hours ago.

This may be of interest to you. It appears he also registered another site as well - 150-hosting.org.uk.

Domain name:

150-hosting.org.uk

Registrant:

Stewart D.i.c.k. (damn swear word filter)

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

Address removed as I've been advised it is no longer current - Pablo

If thats his address then not far from you by the looks of it, or at least closer than Durham anyway. A search on bt.com using varying search methods didn't bring up any telephone numbers so a house number could be ex directory but what you could try is going onto 192.com, buy some credits and do a search for his surname with the above address details. You might get lucky and find him registered at his parents address. Even if he is a minor I *think* he will still be registered at an address for social security reasons or something daft like that. I got a few hits but nothing that confirms or denies anyhing. You should get more clearer results after you've bought a few credits and all perfectly legal to view.

Happy Hunting.

Hmm, just did another 192.com search using his first name and surname again and it seems to have brought up a birth entry and a marriage entry. :unsure:

Thanks for that!

I've beboed him, and finally had a response.

He should refund me on the 25th, a total of £75 (for the inconvenience)

Of course, given the previous nature, if it's not there by then, i'll proceed with the legal action as i've really had enough!

• 2 weeks later...

oi!

Stewart!

NO this is not the case!!!

I have not received the refund yet.

He has said he will issue it tomorrow (7th)

I also have his mobile number (or what i think is his mobile number) So will be in contact with him

Stewart. I don't appreciate you saying you have refunded me when you havent, ill say when you have!

Im expecting it tomorrow.

It may be an old address, but if it's not with me tomorrow, let me assure you, i will be collecting the money from you in person, as i'm utterly sick of this bull s**t.

I'll phone you tomorrow morning concerning this.

EDIT - just spoken to him on the phone. Says his friend got the wrong end of the stick.

The refund should be issued tomorrow. I hope it is, and we can finally put closure to this rather tiring fiasco

Right, spoke tohim tonight about this and he is adament he has provided a full refund and hopes this is the end on the matter......however if this is not the case could Ostego and or the mods contact me and i will try to get to the bottom of it.

sorry Stew. But was given the impression you had said that from the above quote.

I'm not trying to point fingers, and am perfectly happy if he simply mis understood.

All i want though is for this to end, and ends made to meet.

Archived