Misc Custom Machined Parts

dobey

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...The table is marked all the way around in degrees, so far I have just used them, making cuts every 120 if 3 or every 90 if 4 etc, if that makes sense.

Perfect sense.

It's more than accurate enough for this kind of thing. You only really need the accuracy of dividing plates if you're making gears or suchlike.

Can you do custom outer and inner barrels?

My lathe is not big enough to do longer pieces. I can cut and crown inner barrels to specific lengths, and machine the outsides to fit different guns than originally intended, but I cannot create one from scratch. Most of my work is in the custom parts area, stuff you just cant get anyplace else. If you can get it from china already I just cannot compete with there pricing (although they cannot compete quality wise). The aluminum they use is so poor it cannot be anodized, there is too much ###### in it.

plus, inner barrels that are made for airsoft .. are all extruded to a specific size/tolerance. . and then some are coated (TN). .to machine an inner barrel from scratch would require you to have a specially made drill (proper size) and variable length. .depending on what gun you want to make the barrel for. . you can easily spend $100-200 just for a drill bit. . and then there's the technique of turning (lathe work) long thin parts. I won't get into the cost of a rifling bit and jig.

It's just not worth the cost and time it would take to machine an inner barrel from scratch.

It's much easier to just buy the longest length of 6.01 barrel (or whatever size you want) you can find. .and have Dobey modify it to fit in whichever gun . .if it's an AEG, then it should work in all AEGs. .if you're using an AEG barrel and want it to work on a gas rifle, then just modify it to fit into the gas rifle's hop up chamber. .. or whatever. .

I've modified AEGs barrels to work in GBBs and Classics. . .

(I've got a Harbor Freight 9"x20" lathe and a MicroMark mini mill. . . )

Sometimes it is difficult for me to get a thing just as you wish from just a picture. If you were not happy with the flash hider pm me and let me know exactly what was off size wise. I will make it right. My best pieces come from having the gun with me as I make it for fitting and scale, but if all I have is a picture I have to make some guesses. I am slowly building a collection of popular guns so I have one here as I make a part but it comes with funds, and I spend the cash 50/50 on guns or tools :P

Wow man, that's some really cool stuff there. I've always wanted to do some work with CNC, but as it is I can't even afford my own college tuition. Once I pay graduate, get a steady job, and pay off my loans, I'll have to save up and look into it.

Any chance you could make a replacement Sig 552 left side selector switch for me? Mine's gone and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Or would it wind up costing too much for it to be worth it?

• 3 weeks later...

LOL its not a super duper short M4, it just has its barrel removed :P Mainly left it in for scale but it is part of the project. Those pieces look a little short for a Barret 50 though. Just have to wait and see, there will be 6 of them though, and they will be for sale when finished.

• 2 weeks later...
could you possibly custom fabricate a one-of-a-kind TM MK23 Metal slide?

Not one of a kind ! we all want one !

in fact I'll take 2!

Thanks for the MK1 adapter and M14 rail I got them today (havent tried the rail yet but the silencer adapter is spot on!)

Jim

Archived