ACM M79!

sniperjarman

The chinese have gone and done it again! This time Echo1 have released a copy of the CAW M79.

Echo1 M79 on Airsoft GI

At only $185 (£95) this seems like a good buy for all NAM reanactors of those looking for a stand alone grenade launcher. For that price you also get a free 30rd shell. They also have the sawn off version for $10 cheaper.

News posting is very serious business! :angry:

:P

Actually it does take a knack for attention to detail and observation- it's not for amateurs ;)

Tbh next time I won't bother. Either that or ill do a media degree so i'm "qualified". Btw I'm tired and grumpy and not in the mood for others so sit and citisise someone for trying to inform. :angry: Lets change the whole thread to: News: airsoft GI have the Caw-rebranded-as-ehco1-airsoft-m79-and-others-such-type-airsoft-guns. btw thats SARCASM!! :P

Edit: next time I'll read all posts from the past 6 months to make sure I'm not posting old news. :P

Don't worry about it sniperjarman. Not all of us LIVE on these forums and your thread was news to me as I'm sure it is to others.

Thanks for letting us know. To be honest though, I was expecting these to be a little more cheaper. But its not a bad deal if you get a decent grenade with it.

Don't worry about it sniperjarman. Not all of us LIVE on these forums and your thread was news to me as I'm sure it is to others.

Thanks for letting us know. To be honest though, I was expecting these to be a little more cheaper. But its not a bad deal if you get a decent grenade with it.

Cheers for the support mate. I think I'd still rather spent the extra to get the original CAW with the wooden stock. I suppose though you could go for the echo1, buy the guarder metal barrel and make your own wooden stock. You'd end up with a very nice piece!

Will be interesting to see the quality on these. And on the "free" grenade. It makes a very attractive package.

Airsoft GI doesn't give any specs. .but from the pictures. .it SURE LOOKS LIKE it has a metal outer barrel. . which the CAW doesn't have. (you have to fork out another $150-200 for the GB Tech one or whoever else made the metal outer barrel)

Alot of metal kits out there have a nice flat matte eggshell texture to it. .when you touch it the metal, you get white marks all over the kit. .basically, it's dead skin cells or dirt coming off your hand slightly marring the surface of the metal. . .those marks are all present on that picture of the M79. .

is it me? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

wishful thinking that it's all metal (minus the stock)

Daaaamn, for a second there you had me going the cleaner!

Haha oh well. To be honest, being an owner of a M79, they are honestly way overpriced for what it does. Even this replica with its cheaper price. But what can ya do? Either make your own or buy this. If I was in the market, I'd prolly just do what you said sniper, and get the real wood version.

Who cares if its a rebranded CAW product, its cheaper! I just ordered it, with the grenade I want and co2 adapter it cost more than a AEG. I wouldnt consider buying it at the original price, since it has a very limited role of either room clearing in CQB, or tank buster (with nerf) at milsim games that require it (Irene and Fulda Gap).

Let us know what it's like when it arrives. I'm mainly interested if it really is all plastic or if the important bits (mainly the trigger parts) are metal.

I've been wanting one of these things for a while, but I'm not going to get one if it'll destroy itself simply because I like a "bigger boom" from red gas/heated propane.

Archived