AS Val from an AK

renegadecow

I know, the butt stock is wrong. But its all I have, plus my friend (who asked me to make this for him) will take care of the butt stock part. What I am going to do is continue the project right into a VSS Viontorez: see last pic. It took me 3 days to finish whats shown below, starting Monday. Silencer, foregrip, receiver modification are all out of PVC. I'm sort of in a rush since I'm all excited about my "A-Team mini 14", which is for myself.

Used the chopped 74 magazine (supposed to be for my SVU-II)

100_0383B.jpg

Notice shortened and pushed back bolt

100_0379.jpg

Pinned take-down silencer for easy transport

100_0387.jpg

Reworked receiver

100_0377.jpg

What the VSS version should look like

100_0372.jpg

That's pretty impressive modification on the receiver. I'm no expert, but I can't see the seams or anything - it looks like it came that way from the factory.

Looks like you cut down the magazine and changed the angle of it, too, which is nice as all the VSS projects I have seen in the past have used TM Spetz mags and looked... not so convincing.

it does look cool but you really need to remove the gas feed block almost totally and then attach a lowered upper reciever (I imagine removing the battery tray then attaching a slightly trimed AK74 style ribbed reciever). It really would look awesome then. Not 100 percent accurate but about as close as it's reasonably easy to get. Maybe keep this one as an ongoing project?

How did you made such a foregrip?

You can make one out of wood, but I chose plastic for this one. I just glued together pvc sheets then shape them for the curves. The fore end is made of 7 different sheets, all just glued together.

Maybe keep this one as an ongoing project?

Thats sort of what my friend is doing right now. He's sorting out the little details bit by bit, starting with making the front block level with the top cover. I'll just post pictures of his modifications when he's done, and then finally the VSS stock when he hands it back to me.

Archived