Gas capacity decrease with duster?

sekiryu

So let me get this straight: In another pistol, you're getting good results with 134a? Just not with the P99?

Does the same thing happen with other magazines as well? It might be that the switch valve in the top of the mag (as opposed to being inside the loading nozzle like normally) is acting up. Take the bulb out, clean everything and put it back in. No lube there, or a very light coat of light silicone oil at most.

Ok, I think the problem is the magazine. I used a different mag and I was able to get off 30 shots and still have the slide lock back. When I insert the other mag into both of my P99s, it hisses. Something in the trigger mech is putting pressure on the valve or something.

I use dust off in my TM Desert Eagle and in warm weather I got 6 mags off always.

In the cold weather it get about 2 sometimes less than that if rapid firing.

From what I understand the maruzen P99s have had trouble in the past. Are your guns old? It might just be wear and tear.

Maybe buy a new mag and test it. Or go to a shop and shoot a new P99 with the same gas.

Found the problem. A piece from the hammer mech contacts the top of the magazine's release valve button (it's supposed to), but the release valve is loose enough that it lets gas out. I don't have a flathead screwdriver wide enough to tighten the valve though.

Archived