Exclusive images of the ICS SIG 551

FarEast

Well guys, I finaly got permission to release the news of the much anticipated ICS SIG 551.

ICS has been working very closely with the SIG team on recreating a perfect replica of the SIG Arms 551 rifle, there are one or two difference between the ICS and the real steel SIG but these have been put in by the SIG team but trust me if you have never seen or used a real steel SIG 551 you won't know what these little differences are.

So here she is! Thanks again ICS for allowing Arnie's Exclusively release this information!

p1130536largell4.jpg

p1130534largevi5.jpg

p1130538largehp1.jpg

p1130533largefv2.jpg

p1130537largeqe6.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it have burst?

Sorry, it's the question everyone's going to ask... so I may as well get it out of they way =D

EDIT - never mind, I looked at the selector switch...

I'm no SIG rifle expert, what are the details that are changed from real steel and how easy is to fix them? Things like exact meassurements of the reciever (alá airsoft AK's) doesn't bother me to much, but if fixable details are off it's nice to know about them.

Looks like a different cocking lever to me... and the forgrip looks like it has a rake at the medial end, but I'm not sure of either of those...

Unless I see more pictures I'm not too convinced. The pistol grip seems to be closer to the real one compared to the TM as well as the stock which is I hope at least to real spec..

The cocking lever seems to be ok.

I still wait for G&G to show up with their Prototyp. I know that they try to build their Swiss Arms to real spec too because the got all the blueprints. (I know that for fact, because I know the guy who helped G&G to get them legally from Swiss Arms.

There are rumors that we will see pictures of it in December and that I will be on display at a Gun-Show in the beginning of 2008.

Yes ICS is making the whole range, also this apart from one or two changes is 1:1 to the real 551 as SIG is working with ICS on this replica. Yes there will be trades.

Hmm, is this true 1:1 dimensions? If they're using a version 3 gearbox would the real FAL style grip be able to fit a motor plus the cage?

The one thing that I do hope for is if ICS will not put the "6mm" markings instead of "5.56". Other than that, I'm glad ICS is breaking away from the usual M4 series. All it is down to is to the gearbox's versitility and compatability with other brands. If ICS can create this as a coversion kit for other existing ver.3 gearboxes, this will be a good seller too.

Archived