Exclusive images of the ICS SIG 551

FarEast

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cocking handle is correct for the 551, but the Sig series of rifles are not M4 RIS style weapons? They look perfect in their normal form, no RIS for me. It also doesn't look like they have burst, that's a good thing.

No burst is a good thing? Are you saying that because of past experiences with tokyo maruis offerings?

Advances in technology have increased the reliability of burst ready mosfets. Popping one of those into a convetional AEG isnt that hard and it may be a welcome addition for many.

No, simply because burst isn't typically a SIG thing really is it? More suited for the M16A2 and G36 series IMO. But largely down to hopefully being offered at a lower price, burst seems to warrant an increase :rolleyes: I wouldn't say no though ;)

Fair enough man, very valid points.

Honestly though, a fairly priced burst mosfet added to the gun shouldnt bring the cost up more than 25 dollars. Then again, the key word in that sentence is "fair". :D

if only they had released the 550 first. and i didnt think a 551 had rails and stuff, the TM didnt.

Why cant ICS Make the standard (i.e. non railed) versions of Guns before the lego version. look what they did to their AK74 range, solid folding stocks but totally RISed up!!

I was just taking a look at the pictures again and i was checking out the front sight assembly.

Would it be too much to ask for anodized parts? The paint they're using is shiny and will probably flake off at a glance.

ICS, please refine your finalized product, this guns got massive potential it just needs some work!

from what i have heard they are looking to release several weapons in December. The AK's will come out first as they have addressed some of the issues that were reported in the last release.

I think it will go:

AK74 range

L85A2

SIG 551 or CXP 0.8 concept rifle.

Others

Other [noun]

1 a: one that remains of two or more b: a thing opposite to or excluded by something else <went from one side to the other> <nature as the other of culture>

2: a different or additional one <the others came later>

3 a: one (as another person) that is psychologically differentiated from the self

b: often capitalized : one considered by members of a dominant group as alien, exotic, threatening, or inferior (as because of different racial, sexual, or cultural characteristics)

Sorry guys,

ICS is keeping a tight lid on things regarding their gearboxes. I haven't even been given clues on the new AK range of gear boxes. But the reason for this is that they are trying desperatly to enter the Japanese market. Due to certain features that are patented by Marui these need to be drastically different on other weapons entering Japan.

From what I have heard the differences on the ICS are to the point that they are patenting the designs so that other Asian companies can't copy them to also enter Japan. Currently companies such as VFC, ICS, STAR and G&P only enter Japan in Kit form.

So basically until these things have been patented and are on final production runs ICS probably will not allow me to reveal any information on the gear boxes or will not inform me of features and styles.

Archived