name changes. yep another to add to this long list of name related threads.

lots of us want to change our usernames right? arnie doesnt have time to do so, right? would it be feasable and practical to do a name change in the 'my controls' bit which will send a name change application to the global mods. if the mods click yes, then your name is automaticly changed.

i put the application bit in since obviously arnie doesnt want people to be able to change their names all the time (otherwise there would have been a 'change username' option from the outset), so that would help resrict it a bit. i guess you could also only allow lets say, one name change per however many months to prevent mods being flooded with 5 name change requests every day from one player.

comments?

(sorry if this is an old suggestion, i wouldnt be surprised if it had been suggested before but i did search)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as an update, if users wish to change their username, pm me. I will try and get your names changed as soon as possible.

Giving users the ability to change names isn't really ideal, as it can make it hard to police the forums and monitor known users, given how many members we have registered now. Hopefully now that there are two admin staff however the waiting time people are faced with should be minimised. :)