What Colour should the ICS SIG 551 be?

FarEast

The Colour of the ICS SIG 551  

753 members have voted

1. 1. What colour should the ICS SIG 551 be?

• Grey with full trade marks like the real steal
    • Black like the prototype shown on the forums
    • Don't care either way.

Sorry but I couldn't resist the urge to reply to this so...

It's sad that ICS felt the need to ask about this.

They made their M4 an accurate colour and all the kiddies and CA fanboys went "Oh mi godz0rz!!!! Gray am SUCKZ. We w@nt teh balck gUnz!!!111"

ICS undoubtedly lost sales simply because people thought the gun SHOULD be black. Erm, even if it actually shouldn't be.

So now they've made a 551 and felt compelled to paint it black.

... except that SIG fans are obviously a bit smarter than your average M4 fanboy and are more concerned with what's authentic than what "looks freakin sweet, man" etc.

They can't win. :(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I think the ICS M4 isn't as popular because of the oddly-dimensioned non-TM-compatible receivers more than the gray anodized finish; at least, that's what keeps me away from them. Just my devalued American 0.02 USD. :D

ICS put effort into making this gun's dimensions accurate by working side-by-side with SIG/Swiss Arms engineers, so it's got that base covered (unlike their AKs and M4s), and with the iconic SIG gray and (hopefully) good reliability with their new gearbox design, this will be a top-notch weapon.

We should also be asked for the version: SG551 SWAT or Police? The SWAT is the current version, also replicated by TM, with slightly different handguards and stock, and a bayo lug among other things, and was developed by SIG to appeal to US polices (hence the SWAT nick). The Police version is more wide spread amongst european polices (GSG9, GIGN etc.) and has a slicker look IMO. It's also my personnal weapon, which is what motivated this anally-retentive post in the first place... :D

Anyway, off course I voted original grey. An all black version of the SG serie has been offered by an importer in France not so long ago, and I just think it doesn't look right, even if that makes ICS's black a bit more legit. If I get around finding some cash when it comes out, I'll buy the ICS and make some comparison pics with my baby...

Grey obviously! And lose all the rails, what's the point in making a replica then making it different from what you're replicating? Basically, if it doesn't look like this:

sig551.jpg

then it's not a 551.

Also, is this full metal? If it is and it's grey and it's not all covered in rails then I'm getting one... If I have the money... And if I get myself registered...

Oh and blowback would be nice too...

Oh and blowback would be nice too...

Ohhh no... Don't even mention blowback - it could turn a good gun nasty :P

Looks like grey is the way guys, though if a black one was done nicely then that could work too.. (not like the Double Eagle springer :()

As for trades, well, I don't really do trades...

When I saw the pictures of the proto-type I threewup in my mouth a little... It looked like a $20 jobie. So I'm definatly in the Grey w/ trades catagory.

To anyone who isn't attracted to the SIG 55* series... Your un worthy of the L33Tness this weapon holds. Hell just this Sunday I sold a guy on the SIG 552(JG/Echo1 for him). These are ugly weapons but they are so comfortable to wield.

Please convince ICS to do up a 3-rnd bust mode... PLEASE! I would buy the 551 if they do.

if you want it black, then just paint it, SORTED, grey all the way!! they are gorgeous looking guns, lets keep it that way, not TOO worried about trademarks, but they would be nice. we just have to put our faith in ICS, im sure that whatever they make will be quality! :)

Archived