• 1 year later...

The KJW M700 is one of my personal favorites. 550 FPS and easy cocking seem more appealing than a lower FPS spring powered airsoft sniper rifle. Yes, you have to screw around recharging the gas and what not, but that is no big deal IMO. The only downfall of the M700 is that it is a bit expensive compared to most of the decent spring powered sniper rifles. The quality is awesome though. Just my 2 cents...

--------------------

Favorite airsoft rifle manufacturer: jing gong

airsoft sniper rifles rule!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
probably too late to answer your question, from the linked review:

"Hop up is compatible with TM VSR-10 buckings and barrels. This makes upgrading easier than other rifles (Tanaka, for example)"

so just use VSR barrels

I think they won't fit unless you modify it with a groove around the barrel outer to seat it in the hop unit. I could be wrong and not the same on the modern KJW model.

Good Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Im really tempted by one of these, But how much work/money to get them shooting to the standard of a mid upgraded VSR/bar10

from all the reviews its seems they have big power but poor accuracy, I'm just wondering whether its worth me starting another project or just stick with spring power

I've been tempted to get a KJ M700 since early 2008, but haven't been able to bring myself to purchase a gun that has poor accuracy and consistency problems.

I've read something about hooking an CO2 rig to make shots more consistent in cold weather. That and a tightbore, stronger parts is sure to add up.

• 1 month later...

Airsoft GI has two tight bores for the KJW M700

6.01 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_334&products_id=6171

6.03 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_55&products_id=6046

Evike carries the King Arms Bucking and Tanaka M700 29 rd mags

KA Bucking - http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_579&products_id=28401

Tanaka Mag - http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=25431

I put the 6.03 TBB, mag and KA bucking on order just today!! Can't wait...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorid weapon as a sniper rifle is still the TANAKA M24 SWS. This gun is real strong and shoots straight! I ordered my rifle at Kotte & Zeller in Germany for Euro 600,- and add some extras to it like Bipod, Sniper Scope and Remington Sling. In my opinion better pay 200 Euro to get a rifle as close to original as possible. I hadn´t any problems with it - so it is a good investment!

Any update DRAGON64? I'm interested in buying the KJW M700P. Also, where can I find a more recent review because I read the QC has gone up compared to 4 years ago?

Well for starters, Evike did NOT have the KA bucking, even though their website says that they do, so I ordered a 9-Ball from Parafrog out of Knoxville, TN. They do not have it advertised, you would have to call to order it from them.

Second, This rifle was shooting long and quite accurate out of the box... but I must note that Airsoft GI chrono'ed the rifle before shipping it to me, and it was only shooting 400fps?!?!? I'm sure they were using Green Gas, whereas I am using styraight propane.

I have been installing some Magpul items and other various accessories on my KJW M4, and now that I have completed that task, I will start adding the upgrades components to the KJW M700. Maybe I can get them all done for a weekend update (?)

I'll also add here, that I wish I had spent the money and got two spare KJW mags, the ten rounders, instead of the Tanaka 29 round mag. I really like the clean lines of the KJW with the stock mag... The tanaka just looks out of place on this rifle. But they may be just me.

Edited by DRAGON64