Jin's Review Of The Tokyo Marui Mac-10 AEP

After only sleeping for 5 hours or so last night I was awakened by the sound of the doorbell ringing, and I knew exactly what that ment! So I jumped out of bed and rushed to the door ( after putting on pants of course :lol: ) was greeted by an extremely large package from Hong Kong. Yep, it was my Mac-10 AEP pre-order from Redwolf!

So I rushed inside, tore open the oddly large box, dug through the packing material, and was greeted by another oddly large yet extremely enticing box...

===============

Initial Impressions

===============

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07405.jpg

The external packaging was very nice and it really has that old school vietnam & guerilla warfare style to it that I like so much. You can't tell from the pictueres, but the box is almost the same size as the ones the bigger SMGs like P90s and MP5s come it. So at this point I'm wondering just how much packing material they filled this box with! But enough of the externals, it's what's on the inside that counts...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07410.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07415.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07419.jpg

Apon opening the box I was greeted by a very nice looking manual with the usual marui additions of a few targets and a cataloge, but underneath that stuff was a gigantic SMG with a orange plastic M4 flashider on the tip, a giant silencer big enough to satisfy a mare, the front hand strap, magazine, battery, and charger. Once I lifted the handstrap out of it's packaging I quickly discovered a bag with the proper barrel tip, barrel blocker, tracer unit adapter, and some BBs underneath.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07426.jpg

Now taken out of the the box the orange plastic flashider screwed off quite easily from the 14mm negative threading and allowed me to screw on the proper barrel tip. After installing the hand strap and the magazine my initial impressions continue to be "OMG it's huge!!".

==============

External Build Quality

==============

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07461.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07435.jpg

Before I go any further with the review I'd like to take a minute to shout random obscenities at Tokyo Marui for somewhat misleading advertising. At the last trade show before the Mac-10 was released (the Plamodel Raicon show in October) Marui had a booth showing off the soon to be released Mac-10 and it's upper and lower receivers. At this trade show the receivers they were showing off were full metal, top to bottom. Several people at the show touched the receivers and confirmed that they were all metal, so it was expected that the Mac-10 would come full metal right out of the box when it was released.

But let me be one of the first US owners of this gun to say that both the upper and lower receivers are plastic, not metal. Their sandblasted finish looks quite nice and very metalic, but they are all plastic. However there is still no shortage of metal on the gun, the metal parts include....

- Outer barrel assembly and front mounting block

- Front sling swivel and strap assembly

- Selector & safety switches

- Trigger

- Folding stock & stock release button

- Front Sight

- Bolt Handle & mock bolt system

- Magazine release

- Magazine

- Various Bolts, Screws, Etc.

Many of these parts are steel as well, including the magazine, wire stock, and bolt system. So pretty much everything except the upper and lower receivers are metal.

Now for the little details of the build quality...

First off, I'd like to say that the quality of the OD green hand strap included is excellent. Usually slings and straps included with airsoft guns should really be thrown away right out of the box, since the quality of the material and stitching is usually pretty aweful. However this hand strap is extremely thick and well made, double and triple stiched at all the seams, and generally on par with the quality of high end gear such as Blackhawk. Marui really did a fantastic job on it and it works excellently.

Next up is the folding stock. Many owners of KSC and KWA M11s (myself included) complained a lot about about the short and wobbly stock and the particularly weak pin that held the rear section of the stock in place when shouldered. From my perspective Marui has completely remedied all of these problems with the stock on their Mac-10. It feels incredibly tough, does not have even the slightest bit of wobble when folded or extended, and is long enough for the average man to shoulder the gun and look down the sights with having to strain your neck in odd ways. The faux welding marks on the stock look exceptionally good too. The pressed steel magazine is quite light but feels really well made too, although it is as big as a full size M1A1 Thompson or UMP mag, but more on that later.

Overall I would say the external build quality is excellent, however there are a few little things that bug me.

The biggest one is the totally butchered trademarks! Don't you think they could have put the Tokyo Marui, ASGK, and "Made In Japan" logos somewhere a little less blatent? I know Marui is proud of their guns and all, but they really slaughtered the trademarks on this one I think. But hopefully a metal body kit will come out at some point that will do away with that little issue.

My only other issue with the external quality is the silencer. While it does have a very lightly rubberized coating with a little powered metal mixed in to make it feel somewhat realistic to the touch, it is made of plastic so it's pretty darn light. But at the same time not too light so it doesn't quite feel like a toy. But to get to the point, my big niggle with the silencer is the two long seams that run down both sides of it. These seams really stand out way more than the seams on a product of Marui quality should and they really give it away as a toy silencer. Still though, it's a nice freebie and the quality is better than that of any other plastic silencers I've seen included with airsoft guns before.

====================================

An Issue Of Size & A Comparison With The KSC Mac-11

====================================

Let me say this once again... it's huge!!

I've been a longtime fan of the Mac series of SMGs, so when I found out over a year ago that Marui was going to make a Mac-10 I knew I had to buy one when it came out. However I have never had the chance to hold or shoot a real steel Mac of any kind, so my only previous experiance with Macs has been the KSC and KWA M11s. The KSC & KWA M11s are actually modeled after a M12 so they are the same size as a M12, which is quite a bit smaller than a M11. So I was pretty shocked when I first picked up this mammoth beast of a Mac-10.

As you will see from the pictures below, it is much much larger than it's KSC brethren...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07431.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07453.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07488.jpg

For the first hour or so that I played around with it the Mac-10 really felt uncomfortable to hold. It seemed extremely large in my rather small hands and the ergonomics were horrible. The KSC M11 feels sleek, slim, and sexy and fits my hand perfectly... but the Marui Mac-10 feels like holding a brick with a pistol grip attached. Yeah, a brick... thats exactly what it feels like!

For a realistic size comparison, here's the Mac-10 next to a large brick...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07480.jpg

You can really see the similarities! :lol:

So yes, for those with smaller hands the ergonomics of this gun are gawd aweful. It feels like a brick with a pistol grip attached and after just a few minutes of use the trigger guard will really start digging into your middle finger. After playing around with this gun all afternoon I have a pretty nasty sore spot on my middle finger from where the trigger guard has been digging into it all day. This is definately not a comfortable gun to hold and anyone seeking comfort should look elsewhere.

And if the KSC M11 comparison wasn't enough to give you an idea of how big this gun is, here's a picture of the Mac-10 with the silencer fitted and stock extended next to a Marui AK-47 with a measuring tape displayed for size comparison...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07512.jpg

As you can see, the Mac-10 is only one inch shorter than the AK-47 when the stock is extended and the silencer is attached! Simply said, this gun is enormous. It would still be possible to dual wield Mac-10s even for a smaller player like myself, but I can't imagine it being at all comfortable to do. For that purpose I think the KSC M11s or even Marui MP5Ks would be better tools for the job.

I suddenly find it funny that the Mac series of SMGs were originally designed for use by body guards and other such people who needed a compact machine gun for concealed carry. Because, well, unless you're wearing a coat 3 sizes too big or you're Marlon Barndo I honestly can't see anyone being able to conceal this thing anywhere on their body.

But I digress, we now come to the magazine... Those who buy this gun will have the same problem that owners of P90s, M1A1 Thompsons, and UMPs have. That problem being finding a pouch that will fit these giant mags. For reference here's a size comparison between the Mac-10 mag, a KSC M11 mag, and a Marui AK-47 mag...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07442.jpg

========================

Preformance, Internals, and Function

========================

Tired of listening to me blather on about the size of the gun and the external quality? Alrighty, time for a preformance test!

After all the external examination I charged up the included 7.2v 500mAh NiCd battery (which took about an hour with the included charger) and installed it. As you can see from the picture below the battery is installed by putting the gun on safe, pushing in the pin on the front left side of the gun, and sliding out the front assembly with the outer barrel and sling swivel. After that you just slide the battery in the slot, snap the front back on, and you're ready to go.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07492.jpg

Also worth mentioning is that the very short inner barrel on the Mac-10 is coated in something that gives it a dark zinc like finish, unlike all of Marui's other AEG inner barrels which are plain brass.

But yeah, time to shoot!

After filling the mag (which holds about 70 rounds I believe) I first switched it to semi auto and tried firing off a shot. Nothing happened. I heard the motor and the piston cycle but no BBs came out, tried it again, same thing happened. Tried it again, same thing. So then I switched it over to full auto and fired and immediately about 8 BBs came spraying out the barrel at once.... that was odd. For the rest of the mag it shot fine on both full auto and semi auto and had a slightly muted but typical AEG (sewing machine) sound to it.

After experiancing this problem several more times I consulted the included manual and found there is actually a section devoted to the gun jamming on semi auto! The manual reads as follows...

"There are possible cases that no firing occurs after pulling the trigger in semi auto mode. In this case, do not pull the trigger furiously. Fire 5 to 6 shots in the full auto mode and then return to the semi auto operation"

With further testing I discovered that the gun would jam like this every single time you inserted a full mag and started firing on semi auto, and the only way to fix it was to switch it over to full auto and fire a few bursts to clear the barrel before switching it back to semi auto. However, if you don't fill the mag all the way before inserting it and leave 10 or 12 BBs out than it will shoot fine on semi auto every time. This still really irritates me though, because a company like Marui who is known for quality should not have released a gun that will not fire on semi auto with a full mag.

It shoots fine on full auto if the mag is full, but every time you try to fire it on semi auto with a full mag it will jam. So if you are going to shoot it on semi auto only for a pistols only game or something of that nature than be sure to not fill the mags all the way, otherwise you will have to switch it over to full auto to unjam it as soon as you try firing it.

And now it's time for my last big irritation with this gun... unlike Marui claimed on their website, this gun does not feature a working bolt stop mechanism.

On the Bablefish translated version of Marui's web page for the Mac-10 prior to release there was an entire section about how the magazine's special follower worked as a bolt stop mechanism to interfere with the mechbox's firing when the mag was empty. However I just checked their website at the time of writing this review and that section has since been removed. So my best guess is that there were some last minute problems with the bolt stop mechanisms which caused them to be removed from the final product right before they hit the market.

So I'm sorry to say that this gun does not have a working bolt stop mechanism like Marui led many of us to believe from the info on their web page prior to release. It's a darn shame too, because that was a major selling point of the Mac-10 for me.

But... those issues aside I found the power of the Mac-10 to be quite good for it's size and the accuracy and range a bit below average. When chronographed with 0.2g BBs, over the course of 2 mags with a fully charged battery, the Mac-10 shot consistantly between 235 and 240 FPS every time.

And now for the fun part, let's take it out to adjust the hopup and test the range and accuracy!

The hopup is adjusted easily just like all of Marui's bigger AEGs....

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC07470.jpg

Just pull back the cocking handle to move the fake bolt system back and there's the hopup! It's easy to adjust with one finger and once you get it dialed in where you want it stays there nicely. No worrying about a shifty hopup like the ones in M4s, this one is built much the same way as the P90 hopup dial and will stay where you want it after it's adjusted.

When firing the gun with the hopup tuned just right for 0.2g BBs the maximum range of this gun is roughly 90 to 100 feet before the BBs drop, which I find to be suprising considering Marui is legendary for having incredible hopup on their guns. Heck, even my Marui 1911A1 springer gets about 130 feet of range! But the Mac-10 really only gets 90 to 100 feet and with the hopup perfectly tuned, so perhaps the hopup quality is a little lacking in this model.

As far as accuracy goes... well... it's realistic :lol:

At 50 feet you should be able to hit a man sized target almost every time, but once you get out to 80 to 100 feet it's really a spray and pray opperation. At that distance you get a BB spray pattern about 10 feet wide and 10 feet tall, so you're best off just pointing the Mac-10 in the general direction of the target and hoping one of the BBs hits it's mark.

On another note about the silencer, I think it's worth mentioning that the silencer does actually silence the gun quite well. I was really suprised by this but the silencer does cut the noise from the gun down by about 50%! I think with the silencer attached one could easily hide in the bushes and shoot someone 30 feet away without them being able to tell where the shot came from. So suprisingly the silencer is quite effective!

Lastly, I've found the battery life to be excellent! I've shot somewhere in the area of 20 or 30 mags (about 1,400 to 2,100 rounds) through the Mac-10 over the course of the afternoon and the battery isn't even begining to show signs of losing power. And since this gun does use very small 500mAh batteries I think it's safe to say that the battery economy is very good, although I will stilll be picking up a few spare batteries for future skirmishing.

=======

Conclusion

=======

There was one major reason why I bought the Marui Mac-10...

because I've always loved the KSC Mac-10s but they've always been rather unreliable and here in Minnesota it's pretty cold 6 months out of the year so I wanted a good reliable electric powered Mac that I could use during the colder months with no worries.

And for this reason alone, I'm happy with Marui's product. It is much larger than I would have ever expected and is rather uncomforable to hold, plus there's that whole issue of jamming on semi auto with a full mag, but overall I think the pros outweigh the cons and it fits the bill perfectly for the reason I bought it. It's a high quality electric powered Mac-10 that is perfectly suitable for CQB gaming and I'm sure will serve me well during the colder months of the year.

I am quite dissapointed at the multiple levels of false advertising Marui engaged in before the Mac-10s release, what with the metal bodies shown at the Plamodel Radicon show and the news of a working bolt stop mechanism, both of which turned out to be missing from the final product. But if I really step back and look at it from the perspective of comparing the Mac-10 to all of Marui's other AEGs than it seems just fine. Almost none of Marui's other AEGs come with metal bodies and none of them feature a working bolt stop mechanism, so when compared to the other AEGs in Marui's line up the Mac-10 is no worse for wear.

At the end of the day if I had to choose between buying a KSC Mac-11 and a Marui Mac-10 it would be a tough choice, as both have their pros and cons. And for those who might be in that situation of deciding which Mac to buy, here's my final thoughts on the matter...

------------------------------------

Buy A Tokyo Marui Mac-10 If...

------------------------------------

- The weather is cold much of the year where you live

- You are a larger player or don't mind uncomfortable ergonomics

- You're on a budget and cant afford $40 to $50 each for mags, or if you are the type of player who only uses hi-cap mags

- Reliability is more important than realism to you

- You think Marui is top of cool!

-------------------------------------

Buy A KSC or KWA Mac-11 If...

-------------------------------------

- The weather is warmer most of the year where you live

- You're a smaller player or in need of a compact SMG sidearm

- You don't mind paying high prices for spare 50 round mags and gas, and carring around the weight of those spare mags

- The realism of blowback and the noise of the gun firing is more important than overall reliability

- You don't mind doing frequent matinance and lubrication on your gun

For me personally, the Marui Mac-10 is the winner of the two and so the KSC Mac-11 is going up for sale and the Marui Mac-10 will now become my primary CQB weapon. It's got it's flaws like any other gun, but for me the pros definately outweigh the cons.

Thank you for taking the time to read my excessively long review of the new Marui Mac-10 AEP and I hope this review will be helpful to anyone out there who is in need of a good airsoft Mac! ^_^

Very nice review. Comprehensive and honest. Really is a shame about some on TM's shortfalls on this gun though.

I am ignorant of M11's/Mac-10's but I was wondering if there is supposed to be a size difference between the two or whether someone messed up the dimensions?

My only suggestion would be to split it into two posts and replace the links with actual pictures. Other than that though it's great.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I was thinkin about posting the actual pics in the review instead of the links, but I would have had to seperate the review into two parts and it would have been a total killer for anyone on a 56k connection. So because of that I decided to just leave the pics as links ^_^

Anyhoo, in regards to your question about dimensions and sizing Romulus, the Marui Mac-10 is accurate to the size of the real Mac-10 from what I understand.

Here's how the sizing works with Macs... there's the Mac-10, Mac-11, and Mac-12. Generally speaking the 10 is the largest, 11 is medium sized, and the 12 is the smallest. Each of those 3 kinds of Macs had different versions that were chambered for different calibers of ammunition though (.45, 9mm, .45 ACP, etc.) and the sizing between the versions varies a bit based on that.

When it comes to the airsoft versions the Marui Mac-10 is based off the real steel Mac-10 chambered for .45 ammunition, which is the largest gun in the Mac series. The KSC/KWA Mac-11s are actually based off a Mac-12 chambered for .45 ACP ammunition, which is the smallest gun in the Mac series. So the KSC/KWA version is actually a M12, they just label it as a M11 for marketing purposes.

Basicly the Marui Mac-10 is based off the largest gun in the Mac series and the KSC Mac-11 is based off the smallest one, thus the size differences. Hopefully that all made sense! :lol:

Thanks for the replies guys!

I was thinkin about posting the actual pics in the review instead of the links, but I would have had to seperate the review into two parts and it would have been a total killer for anyone on a 56k connection. So because of that I decided to just leave the pics as links ^_^

Anyhoo, in regards to your question about dimensions and sizing Romulus, the Marui Mac-10 is accurate to the size of the real Mac-10 from what I understand.

Here's how the sizing works with Macs... there's the Mac-10, Mac-11, and Mac-12. Generally speaking the 10 is the largest, 11 is medium sized, and the 12 is the smallest. Each of those 3 kinds of Macs had different versions that were chambered for different calibers of ammunition though (.45, 9mm, .45 ACP, etc.) and the sizing between the versions varies a bit based on that.

When it comes to the airsoft versions the Marui Mac-10 is based off the real steel Mac-10 chambered for .45 ammunition, which is the largest gun in the Mac series. The KSC/KWA Mac-11s are actually based off a Mac-12 chambered for .45 ACP ammunition, which is the smallest gun in the Mac series. So the KSC/KWA version is actually a M12, they just label it as a M11 for marketing purposes.

Basicly the Marui Mac-10 is based off the largest gun in the Mac series and the KSC Mac-11 is based off the smallest one, thus the size differences. Hopefully that all made sense! :lol:

Jin - great review. However, I believe that the KSC version is in fact an RPB M11A1 replica and its dimensions match the MAC/RPB/SWD M11 weapons. To my knowledge, no MAC-style firearm has been produced officially called simply the 'M12'. SWD did produce an SM-12/.380 back in the 80's/90's, but it was not smaller than the MAC M11 or the RPB M11A1. Rather it was simply a closed-bolt semi auto version of the M11, and was smaller only in that it did not have any form of stock. Hence when dimensions are read for the SM12/.380 vs. the M11 or M11A1, the SM12 appears smaller - but this is only a function of its lack of a collapsible stock and the receiver, grip, etc. are all the same size.

Leinad [Daniel backwards - recall that SWD stands for Sylvia Wayne Daniel] and FMJ both produced the SM12/.380 in the 90's, but this, too, was the same size as the M11 or M11A1 with the omission of the collapsible stock. They called it the 'PM12'. Additionally, Masterpiece arms and a couple others have at various points produced closed-bolt semi autos that are smaller than M11s - but none of these are called M12 or similar, and they do not have stocks or open bolts or fire selectors and do not look like the KSC/KWA, nor are they comparable in size. An example is the MPA 930:

<a href="http://www.gunmallusa.com/gunmallusa/prepa...umber=9&j=/" target="_blank">http://www.gunmallusa.com/gunmallusa/prepa...umber=9&j=/</a>

As for calibres, M10s were available in 9mm, .45 ACP, and .380, while M11s and M11A1s were .380 ACP only and the SWD M11/9 which looks very different was 9mm only. This is referring to factory weapons only, not aftermarket conversions.

If you have a picture or something of a M12 as you've described it I'd be very interested to see it and happy to learn something new about MAC weapons! ^_^

Edited by RSP1

Argh! LOL Okay, you got me on the calibers... when I said .45 ACP I ment to say .380 ACP, and I'm honestly not up on Mac history enough to debate the whole M12 thing. But if you go to www.cobray.com and shop their online cataloge for accesories you will notice that almost everything listed is available for M10, M11, or M12. Also, when I had a shoulder holster / mag pouch set made for my KSC M11 by the fine folks at FMCO ( http://www.antipersonnel.net/fmco/010.html ) I was informed by an older airsoft buddy that I should have the holster made to fit a M12 chambered for .380 ACP, since that's the gun that the KSC/KWA M11 was modeled off of. When the holster and mag pouch arrived they both fit my KSC M11 and mags like a glove. Also, real steel silencers and barrel extensions made by Cobray for the M12 fit the KSC M11 barrel threading perfectly.

So while I do not have any pictures to link to for the M12, all the evidence available to me suggests that Cobray did indeed make an M12 and thats what the KSC version was modeled off of since all real steel accessories, holsters, and mag pouches for the M12 fit the KSC M11 perfectly.

Argh! LOL Okay, you got me on the calibers... when I said .45 ACP I ment to say .380 ACP, and I'm honestly not up on Mac history enough to debate the whole M12 thing. But if you go to www.cobray.com and shop their online cataloge for accesories you will notice that almost everything listed is available for M10, M11, or M12. Also, when I had a shoulder holster / mag pouch set made for my KSC M11 by the fine folks at FMCO ( http://www.antipersonnel.net/fmco/010.html ) I was informed by an older airsoft buddy that I should have the holster made to fit a M12 chambered for .380 ACP, since that's the gun that the KSC/KWA M11 was modeled off of. When the holster and mag pouch arrived they both fit my KSC M11 and mags like a glove. Also, real steel silencers and barrel extensions made by Cobray for the M12 fit the KSC M11 barrel threading perfectly.

So while I do not have any pictures to link to for the M12, all the evidence available to me suggests that Cobray did indeed make an M12 and thats what the KSC version was modeled off of since all real steel accessories, holsters, and mag pouches for the M12 fit the KSC M11 perfectly.

I suspect Cobray is using M12 to refer to the SM12 or PM12 semi-autos. This would also explain why the holster and mag pouch rig fit, since the SM12 was the same size as the M11 with the omission of the stock and as you can see FMCO lists both in the same size category. Also, notice that Cobray lists the 'M12' under semi-auto closed-bolt replacement parts - but not under SMG and open-bolt replacement parts. Most people do probably know the SM12 as the M12 by shorthand and that is often listed online but the receivers of these weapons clearly have an S or P stamped before the M to indicate a closed-bolt semi auto pistol.

Cheers, Jin :) Youve convinced me not to get one.

I want one. But not with those trades, the semi problem (Id only have a pistol type thing for single shot games), the silencer plastic seams and the raped trades. Plus 240fps...at the CQB site I play, most folk would think those were ricochets not direct shots :(

In a way tho Id be worried if it was all metal. Imagine how much itd weigh... probably more than the real thing!

eh well I was quite interested but Im disappointed thanks for the review though. I think if I want one it'll be for fun and not serious. Even though I play CQB sometimes the range inside can get pretty far, some over 100 feet I believe.

I think I'd rather get one of these to mess around with so possibly if there will be a clone I'll choose that over the real one mainly because I like Mac's but I dont wanna spend alot of money on something I won't skirmish with seriously.

If I was gonna get a AEP for CQB I'm thinking Im gonna go with the VZ61 instead due to the size, anyway thanks for the review really appreciate all the tidbits and info about the mac history.

Thanks again for all the replies everyone! I'm really glad this review has been some help to people thinking about getting one of these guns. I think it's really going to be a "You love it or your hate it" kinda gun. I'll be honest here and say that even though I am a longtime Mac-11 fan, for the first hour or two I played around with the Marui Mac-10 I absolutely hated it... felt horribly clunky in my hands, way too big, and is probably IMHO the second ugliest gun I've ever seen (second only to the Five-seveN pistol).

But you know, after a few hours of use it really started to grow on me... sure, it's big and clunky and has a look only a mother could love, but there's something oddly charming about it that makes me want to just keep picking it up and playing with it :lol:

And honestly, I wouldn't let the trouble with firing on semi auto when the mag is full be a deciding factor in the purchase of this gun if you are thinking about buying it. From what I understand after talking to a friend with a Marui Glock 18C AEP the other AEPs often have this problem as well for a while until the spring in the mag gets broken in a bit. Until then the easy solution is just to underfill the mag by 5 or 10 rounds if you want to shoot on semi auto only and you'll be fine.

I will agree with Guzzi though about the plastic body... I was hoping for full metal but after handling the Mac for a while part of me is kind of glad it's not full metal, because it weighs a ton already and with the added weight of a metal kit on it I don't know if I could hold it in one hand for very long :lol: And the "sand blasted" finish on the plastic receivers does look very metallic, probably the most metallic looking plastic body Marui has ever made. So while the lack of a metal body is a bit of a bummer, the plastic body is extremely thick and looks quite nice so it does have it's upsides. This is definately not a gun that I would worry about having it break if it dropped it or banged it against walls during CQB games, it feels very solid.

And oh yeah, Hades, the thread underneath the barrel tip is indeed the standard 14mm negative (counter clockwise) threading. So you could screw on a tracer unit or other barrel extension or silencer if you wanted.

Why are people always surprised that AEPs don't deliver as much power as a full sized AEG...? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Not surprised, really. Actually tbh 240 is impressive. I had a UTG Warhawk that only did 255 and I think the difference between the 2 would be hard to feel. But combined with the other let-downs...nah.

I could have put up with it as a very close-up gun...if not for the other problems.

Its just too expensive for such a limited-use weapon.

Edited by GuzziHero
Selling the GBB eh?

...Don't do it . . .

LOL, too late my man! It's already up for sale in the US Sales section. $400 M11 package for $140 shipped, you can't beat that ;)

I'm quite happy with my Marui Mac-10 so I no longer see the need to have the KSC M11 around. The KSC is still a great gun, but I just like the Marui better since it's too cold to use GBB guns about half of the year where I live. Gas guns are more fun to shoot, but electric is just more practical for me.

Edited by Jin15