Hijacked thread: Clones vs TM (mainly)

gunnermaniac

Hi

I was wondering what the most accurate and ranged (affordable) gun is, so I was searching around and couldn't find anything on it therefore I thought I would post this for general interest, well I am interested anyway... :unsure:;)

I hope one particular gun that stands out above all the rest as the most accurate and ranged the gun has to be reasonabbly priced though, under £400. (snipers included)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cyma is amazing. the range and accuracy is eccellent. take into consideation that unlike TM is has metal bushings, tightbore, and metal spring guide and you have on ehell of a bargain. no reason to get the TM over the cyma, nothing is done worse on the cyma, dont tar it with the same brush as kart and AGM, the cyma (unlike the aforementioned) is a 100% clone.

range and accuracy shouldnt be too different, there will be a difference but probably not too siginificant, and how will being short make the SOCOM more manageable. thats like saying i'll get a 6" desert eagle over a 10" cannon barrel version its still a bloody big gun to fit in your hand, barrel length makes no difference. its only got a longer barrel, you wont be pointing it at the floor, if the M14's frame is too big for you its too big. but you should be fine with it, i see no reason why it should be a problem

Buy a TM M14, add a PDI 550mm 6,01mm barrel, rig it with HPA (MGC cylinder), big-out hop up roll, and a Guarder hop up rubber! And VOILA! The best airsoftgun ever made.

Affordable? No. :D

Easy to get? No. :D

Mindblowing, hell yeah!

Or, get a G&G M14, big-out H nub, and firefly hopup rubber and outdo any TM any day. Super long 6.01mm barrels can actually be too tight around the bb and can actually reduce muzzle velocity. Plus, wouldn't a 550mm barrel extend a bit past the outer barrel? Hell, for the price of a TM M14 you can get the G&G, the h-nub, and the firefly rubber and you'll have a gun with far better externals, better range, better acccuracy, higher FPS, and a faster ROF.

I think I may get a cyma socom :D !

and how will being short make the SOCOM more manageable. thats like saying i'll get a 6" desert eagle over a 10" cannon barrel version its still a bloody big gun to fit in your hand, barrel length makes no difference. its only got a longer barrel, you wont be pointing it at the floor, if the M14's frame is too big for you its too big. but you should be fine with it, i see no reason why it should be a problem

I mean it would be more managable. I have a CA36 (quite big) and it takes along time to turn quickly with it and it hits stuff, I find the CA36 perfect for the gun that it is (I treat it like a sniper :P ) but the M14 being that bit longer I don't think I could have my hand far enough up the foregrip so that it would not just dip down. Whereas the socom I could hold the foregrip wherever I want and it would be far from dipping forward (this dipping process ;) happened when I was using my mates m16, it isn't that bad but it is enough to annoy me!)

Thanks

Normally the Marui M14 series do have the most stable hop up compared to the CYMA models. Then again CYMA usually runs thier guns stronger than a stock Marui gun so if you don't plan on upgrading go with a clone which is somewhat upgraded. If you like quality, forget clones grab a major manufacturer's gun.

Now you are concerned about the range and accuracy so I were you I would choose the full length M14 model over the SOCOM (despite it is also a very great weapon), but you will need that extra barrel length for that accuarcy. If you are concerned about the length of the weapon, grab a Bi-pod for it.

Lusingando

Does the 89 have that wonderfull click-click hop-up adjustment?

Simple to say no! Only thing about the 89's hop is it's rock solid even without the ratchet.

If you like quality, forget clones grab a major manufacturer's gun.

Now you are concerned about the range and accuracy so I were you I would choose the full length M14 model over the SOCOM (despite it is also a very great weapon), but you will need that extra barrel length for that accuarcy. If you are concerned about the length of the weapon, grab a Bi-pod for it.

Wow, total BS. The JG M4s, G36s, and MP5s I've had experience with were better than their TM counterparts in every way. Unless you're talking about T89s, of which the clone hasn't been released yet, I think of most clones as higher quality than TM, and that's purely coming from experience. The M14 was an exception until the CYMA came out, and, with its higher power and standard tightbore (as well as drastically lower price), the CYMA would be a better gun in my book. Of course, the G&G still kicks the *beep* out of everything else on the market, but that's not relevant to the clone vs. TM debate. The bit about range and accuracy due to barrel lengh is a load too. Once you get past standard carbine length (around 300mm), a longer barrel has no noticeable effect on accuracy whatsoever. You might get a 1cm grouping tighter at 150 feet, but that's small enough to be an error in measurement. Besides, this is airsoft, where our weapons aren't accurate enough for it to matter anyways. I also don't see how a bipod would have any effect on what the length of the weapon is like. Frankly, bipods are only really useful when you're shooting real steel or you're target shooting. Out in the field, they're just extra weight. I also don't see the advantage of having a SOCOM instead of a regular M14. The barrel is less than 100mm shorter, and the overall gun is only a few inches shorter at the barrel. The whole gun still protrudes less than a foot from your front hand, and that 3 inches isn't going to make too terribly much of a difference.

A local guy, as well as Sid on here did a test comparing accuracy and range with different length barrels. They all got the same result: once you get past standard carbine length, there is no noticeable increase in accuracy or range. As for clones being better, the M4, MP5, and G36 were all far more solid feeling and weren't creaky like their TM counterparts. The material on the G36 is much higher quality than a TM. The performance on every JG gun I've seen outdoes a TM, too. Plus, they all cost much less, and don't have dremel scars from trade removal.

A local guy, as well as Sid on here did a test comparing accuracy and range with different length barrels. They all got the same result: once you get past standard carbine length, there is no noticeable increase in accuracy or range. As for clones being better, the M4, MP5, and G36 were all far more solid feeling and weren't creaky like their TM counterparts. The material on the G36 is much higher quality than a TM. The performance on every JG gun I've seen outdoes a TM, too. Plus, they all cost much less, and don't have dremel scars from trade removal.

Accuracy and range comparisons with different length barrels does not answer his question regarding actual aeg's. I would certainly classify a v2 hopup unit to be the less consistent a v7 houp unit. Consistency of a hopup unit plays a far greater roll in accuracy and range than the length of the inner barrel.

Also quality is more then the superficial qualities that you described. TM is still the benchmark by which all other airsoft companies must surpass. How many DOA's, how soon does internal/external problems arise and such. Also just because TM have trades removed doesn't make them worse in quality. The clones are too young to and continually "updating" their batches in order to get to the "TM Standard". That in of itself should speak for the quality regardless of price.

Buy a TM M14, add a PDI 550mm 6,01mm barrel, rig it with HPA (MGC cylinder), big-out hop up roll, and a Guarder hop up rubber! And VOILA! The best airsoftgun ever made.

Affordable? No. :D

Easy to get? No. :D

Mindblowing, hell yeah!

pretty much impossible now since Inami has disappeared off the face of the earth and taken his MGC kits with him :D

Accuracy and range comparisons with different length barrels does not answer his question regarding actual aeg's. I would certainly classify a v2 hopup unit to be the less consistent a v7 houp unit. Consistency of a hopup unit plays a far greater roll in accuracy and range than the length of the inner barrel.

If you were paying any attention, you'd notice that we're strictly talking about using a marginally longer barrel to get more accuracy, which I (and those who tested just that) said is false. In this case, my claim is that a full length M14 will not be any more accurate than a SOC16 of the same company, power, and hop specs.

Also quality is more then the superficial qualities that you described. TM is still the benchmark by which all other airsoft companies must surpass. How many DOA's, how soon does internal/external problems arise and such. Also just because TM have trades removed doesn't make them worse in quality. The clones are too young to and continually "updating" their batches in order to get to the "TM Standard". That in of itself should speak for the quality regardless of price.

TM M4s develop barrel wobble before clones. If you hit a tree with a TM and a JG, I'd trust the JG to hold up better. I've never seen a new JG gun go DOA. Clones don't have to update to get to the "TM standard," because almost every company on the market has already passed said standard (with only JLS and possibly A&K being still behind it). They update to put out better products. Clones nowadays are made with stronger internal parts, have better externals, deliver better performance, and cost less. Give me one reason you should buy a TM M4 that will develop barrel wobble, deliver worse performance, and cost more in place of a clone that beats it in pretty much every way.

What about a Classic with a LRB.. Those outrange any AEG easily

Also true, but LRBs are as finicky as a classy woman. They're very expensive to have made, and still not cheap or easy to make and install yourself. They also only work well with a specific BB weight (and often company) and FPS. However, when you've met those, you get great performance. It's unfortunate that they wouldn't work in an AEG.

The TM thing is basically if you leave it bone stock and a clone bone stock, the TM would prolly last longer, while the clone will prolly have some minor flaw that would require it to be worked on. But anyways basically I don't think you should base your choice for AEG on most accurate and etc. It should be the ergonomics of the gun that you concern yourself with first, performance I think comes a lil l8er. It would be easier if you had an idea of what kind of gun you wanted and what looks you like.

sr-25 from CA is a decent AEG. Bost accurate and ranged guns are single handedly bolt actions I feel. Manly because they usually have long barrels. And the spring allows it to be consistent and the hop ups are usually nice. The only problem is that most bolt actions need a butt load of upgrades to be money, but even they you will probably run into seal problems or sear problems. Also Snipers got a higher FPS limit usually meaning more range. If you want a good sniper check out Sniper Haven in "The Game" section of this forum.

Re the SOCOM.

Make sure you try before you buy, it feels quite different to the M14, it's not just the barrel that's shorter, and for some people (like myself and 2 others at my site) it just doesn't fit right.

Wouldn't want anyone to spend out on their hard earned cash only to find they've bought a gun which they hate to use.

The TM thing is basically if you leave it bone stock and a clone bone stock, the TM would prolly last longer, while the clone will prolly have some minor flaw that would require it to be worked on.

My JG M733 lasted far longer than my TM one ever did, and as far as I know it's still going strong. Also on build construction, I fell on my JG M733 and where any Marui would instantly snap in half the JG stood up to it and survived with nothing more than a couple of marks on the receiver.

Archived