TADgear Stealth Hoodie

Kiki-Jiki

What shirt (that brown hood) does this guy have under the jacket?

It is a Ranger Hoodie in M.E. Brown, I loved mine when I had mines.

I'm picking up a Equilbrium Sweat next time I'm there for layer up with my Shealth Hoodie for the colder month later on. Haha been a TADgear fanboy is.... :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sasquatch: Yes. If I remember right you told me the S.O.Tech GoBag is a real Man's Diaper bag. Which it is.

You know what is surprising, TAD doesn't have any more pen tubes in M.E. Brown until next year :o There goes my tactical pens.

That wasnt me, but OKAY! I remember you now though, lol.

*Evil Laugh* Now that we've got the brits interested in TAD gear they will pour money into our country which will rebuild our economy so our dollar can crush the pound like George Bush crushes the colons of his enemies.

Yeah well. I traded TAD gear some tea and crumpets for my stealth jacket.

Is it just me, or is D.F. grey a lot darker in reality than what's shown on the site?

The jacket i just got is almost black anyhow. It's a "TAD Gear Stealth Jacket v4.0 ALL-Season Sharkskin" if that makes a difference

*Evil Laugh* Now that we've got the brits interested in TAD gear they will pour money into our country which will rebuild our economy so our dollar can crush the pound like George Bush crushes the colons of his enemies.

Not to mention our oily norwegian money. Don't worry about the fish smell though.

I just got a coworker interested in TAD. And I am buying one for my GF :)

They'll need more stock then! :)

Sent them a mail asking when they will have the stealth hoodie in M.E. Brown back in size XL for little ol' me. No reply yet..(COME ON, IT'S BEEN 4 HOURS!) :P

Been looking at different tactical jackets and TAD Stealth hoodie is by far the best one i have found so far. (and the m.e. brown color goes real well with multicam which is a bonus)

Just waiting for stocks now :)

They are good about answering email but it takes time, they have some of the best customer service I have encountered. They have been extremely helpful over the phone as well.

I have on of there Ranger hoodies in ME Brown and its the best jacket I have owned. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they are discontinuing the Stealth Jacket or are remodeling them. anyways they sell them out cheaper atm. My guess is they will restock sizes when the new model is launched. Hoping on late 08 or early 09.

No answer on my mails about it so its pure speculations tho.( I will keep mailing tho) I still want my M.E.Brown Stealth Hoodie in XL :(

I just hate waiting :)

Looks like they are discontinuing the Stealth Jacket or are remodeling them. anyways they sell them out cheaper atm. My guess is they will restock sizes when the new model is launched. Hoping on late 08 or early 09.

No answer on my mails about it so its pure speculations tho.( I will keep mailing tho) I still want my M.E.Brown Stealth Hoodie in XL :(

I just hate waiting :)

They're ceasing production on the Stealth Jackets because future Stealth Hoodies will incorporate a roll away hood as featured on their anorak range, making the Stealth Jacket kind of redundant.

Have you considered the Explorer Hoodie? its still available in ME Brown, sized XL. Same cut and features as the Stealth Hoodie only made from Rhinohide, which is more rugged then the sharkskin material imo.

Tadgear is kind of addictive...

After I purchased a few too many jackets / hoodies (and a number of other well designed items) which I tend to wear most of the time. My GF went ahead and purchased a number of Tadgear jackets & hoodies, she then removed them from the packaging and placed them on to hangers, where they have hung for the past few months. She is staying faithful to her Arcteryx jacket and has not worn the Tadgear jackets / hoodies. Although she does admire them from time to time. Anyway as soon as I have my have posted an additional 46 posts I'll be placing her jackets in the For SALE section.

Got my Pathfinder Hoodie through and first impressions are very, very good. Very solidly made and very comfy.

I can't quite grasp this - this is the one with softshell on the pockets, but the rest is fleece, right? I've been wondering what the point really is, since if it rains, I'd have thought you'd just throw a waterproof shell of some sort over it, rather than hoping the pockets are going to throw the water off.

I really do want a Sharkskin Stealth Hoodie to go with my v2 though, to better cover all seasons. And I want a fleece hoodie of some sort because I just do. This thread does not help. :(

I can't quite grasp this - this is the one with softshell on the pockets, but the rest is fleece, right? I've been wondering what the point really is, since if it rains, I'd have thought you'd just throw a waterproof shell of some sort over it, rather than hoping the pockets are going to throw the water off.

It offers limited rain protection for stuff in the arm pocket (iPods, phones etc.) and is less bulky than the equivalent made from the same fleece material. It probably also strengthens the area around the main pockets. TBH I think they mainly did it because it looks good. At the end of the day it looks way more civvie than the rest of the similar offerings from TAD hence why I bought it.

If I was going to purchase anything else from them it'd probably be some of their Merino gear and their trousers as I'm sorted for civvie and tacti-cool soft/hard-shells.

The PolarTech material doesn't really absorb much water in light rain, even if it does it dries fairly rapidly. The SS on the pockets acts to reinforce / support as well as act to keep water out. That is not a feature that is proprietary to Tadgear (although the RH / SS material used is) as I've seen other jackets being lined with similar a material on a fleece, might also have something to do with looks. It's supposed to be used as a layer system in conjunction with Tadgears other jackets / hoodies if required. If you want something that will hold out against the rain, their line of hoodies / jackets is what you want, if its a little breezy the pathfinder under the hoodie works well.

Damn ^ he beat me to it

Tadgear is kind of addictive...

After I purchased a few too many jackets / hoodies (and a number of other well designed items) which I tend to wear most of the time. My GF went ahead and purchased a number of Tadgear jackets & hoodies, she then removed them from the packaging and placed them on to hangers, where they have hung for the past few months. She is staying faithful to her Arcteryx jacket and has not worn the Tadgear jackets / hoodies. Although she does admire them from time to time. Anyway as soon as I have my have posted an additional 46 posts I'll be placing her jackets in the For SALE section.

First off, congrads on a GF that buys usable wear.

#2 Let me know when this tad sale off is going to happen :D

Archived