"Shiny Guns"

"Unless it is absolutely essential that a new picture thread be created, please refrain from doing so.

Most pics fall into at least one of the already existing categories, be it guns, gear or loadouts.

The only reall exceptin I can see is for 'BIG' events, eg Arniegeddon,. Distant thunder and so froth.

Creating a new picture thread to showcase a new gun or gear setup when there are perfectly good 'pictures of your weapons' and 'pictures of yourself posing' threads is just silly.

Don't do it."

From Here- Arnies Picture Thread Rules

So ya gotta ask yourself........

Is this absolutely necessary? :mellow:

But good luck to ya, you sure seem bent on getting a thread started :P

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness
"Unless it is absolutely essential that a new picture thread be created, please refrain from doing so.

Most pics fall into at least one of the already existing categories, be it guns, gear or loadouts.

The only reall exceptin I can see is for 'BIG' events, eg Arniegeddon,. Distant thunder and so froth.

Creating a new picture thread to showcase a new gun or gear setup when there are perfectly good 'pictures of your weapons' and 'pictures of yourself posing' threads is just silly.

Don't do it."

From Here- Arnies Picture Thread Rules

So ya gotta ask yourself........

Is this absolutely necessary? :mellow:

Slainte!

this is not silly. Shiny guns are attractive and stand out. And yes I thought this was necessary because It has not been done and why not have a dedicated thread for shiny guns for people to browse and admire all the (some what unique) guns.

So very sorry sir, of course this is not my "opinion" but the rules of the forum-

And the question was simply echoing the Admins direction-

But don't follow rules, that's certainly your choice- I was just trying to save you some self-inflicted grief ;) Mod's love it when folks don't follow rules around here :P

As far as it being 'necessary', here's the litmus test- (and coincidently enough, the reason there is a "no new threads" rule ;) ) choose any random picture thread here, if you don't find multiple examples of "Shiny Guns" therein, then I'm absolutely wrong and should just sod off- Oh I don't know- lets use Krame's excellent .45 for starters.... :)

Oh, and people posting pics in here already?

...yeah we are like taggers- leave any surface around here empty long enough and someone will post a picture- :rolleyes:

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness
If this thread were to get locked then it would only be fair to lock the painted weapons thread.

Perhaps,

Although interestingly enough, the painted weapons thread was started in 2005. Ghost Rider's post to "Stop creating new threads" came in 2006.

Again, why not just read the rules and comply, seems like they probably had a reason to post them?

I think this thread should stay open and Guinness stop trying to be a mod. If the mods dont like it they will sort it out there is no need for you to post if your not going to include a picture. Just hit the report button and they will take it from there ;)

Only one i got that's silver TM p226.

01092007002.jpg

Also does this count G&P EBR tan -

03082007003.jpg

Apologies mates if I'm coming off like a wanna-be mod, truly :unsure:

But those of us that have been 'round for a while do tend to look out for each other and the newer members like bloodybiscuit-

Fact is, there isn't a lot of admin coverage when it's late here in the US when this was posted, so again, many of us do try to pitch in and help- you might see that in some of the older closed threads.

And I need no excuse to post pics, I'm probably one of the bigger 'offenders' at posting my cra* all over the place- :rolleyes: that just again highlights the reason why they asked for a ban on new pic threads.

But no matter- I'll shut up, again apologies if I came off wrong, just trying to save him some mod lovin that he'd already received before :(

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Someone needs to define "shiny". I'm sensing mixed signals here. :P

edit:

pic so I don't get accused of spamming

IMGP0785.jpg

Edited by Revenge Seeker

as by the token that I'm not aware of a similar thread, I'll allow it (unless another admin thinks otherwise) as long as it contains "shiny", chrome, or otherwise light reflective guns (due to finish, texture, or paint etc etc) are posted in this thread as well as strategies/techniques to replicate finish if requested