RS's full metal MPEG guide

Hello, Arnies users. As most of you know what is going on with my home airsoft site, Airsoftforum.com, I decided, along with alot of others, to refuge to this wonderful forum of yours and use it as my main Airsoft forum from now on out. So I am posting my guides there here (I might even delete the original ones).

This guide was made to help new airsofters decide what cheap full metal AEG to get; as its nearly impossible to just "google" all that fits the catergory. Don't be afraid to add if I've missed something or complain if something doesn't seem right. This guide is for the community, not for personal advantages.

Edited by Revenge Seeker

*Before reading on, take heed this only applies to a short time as even 1 hour from now, there might be a new metal product announced *

*Also that I won't post about guns that are mostly plastic in Real-Steel (like the FAMAS, normal M14, or AUG) as they are many of them and not really the point I'm trying to make

*Lastly, I will not cover AEGs with "clamshell" bodies*

M4/M16 series:

Dboys:

Perhaps the most interesting (and least known) of all the M4 mpegs. The unique thing about dboy metal M4/M16's is that they are not the "ordinary" M4/M16. Unlike otherbrands like Echo1 and A&K, dboys have unique types of M4's and M16's; take a look at the pics below...

Dboy SPR mod1:

1228794.jpg

1228795.jpg

Dboy SPR mod0:

dboy-spr-rifle_big.jpg

Dboy SD CQB

983207.jpg

dboy-3881m_big.jpg

Dboy M4 CQB

1221383.jpg

dboy-3981m_big.jpg

Dboy CASV

dboy.jpg

Lao-Bing M4

aim-m4a1-01.jpg

M_left_s.jpg

M_Right_s.jpg

Lao-Bing M4 RIS (no link)

ebec1948.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?

*Gunner's listed the Lao-Bing as also the AIM M4. This means the guns have three names; Lao-Bing, AIM, and SuperM. Of course, since these are very old models, they fall short of today's mpeg standards so its recommended to stay away from them nonetheless and lean toward buying an Dboy*

AK variants:

Full metal AK variants are "on the rise" right now. Several different companies are coming out with their own models. The most common of these are the AKS74U's. There are 3 full metal AKS74u mpegs out and one expected soon by echo1.

Unicorn AKS74U

a3c6722298d5f4a625980bf39e186024.jpg

CYMA AKS74U (cm-035)

asdcyma.jpg

Echo1 CPM

AK74UCPM_01-1.jpg

Dboy AKS74U "KLS-1"

boyi_aksu_0709-1.jpg

*Side note on the Dboy, it comes in both a 'real wood' version and a plastic version. So be careful if thinking about buying it*

Echo1/JG AK47 RIS

jgakris1.jpg

Update

Dboy Kalash RK02 "RK74S"

biak47s5.jpg

Dboy Kalash RK03 "RKS-74N"

rk033.jpg

Unicorn AK105

uni-ak104-01.jpg

Unicorn AK-105 Skeleton Stock

uni-ak104s-01.jpg

Unicorn AKS74

uni-aks74-01.jpg

Unicorn AK74M

uni-ak103-01.jpg

Upcoming AK variants

Unknown brand

china_aks_0409.jpg

MP5 variants:

Echo1 has just released a couple full metal Mp5's with Vector trades a few weeks ago. Before this there were already metal Mp5's from JG; eg. the JG Mp5 ras NAVY...hence the rebranding sitch...As far as I know, these are the only quality full metal Mp5's out right now...

Echo1 Vector Arms Mp5a4 RAS and Mp5a5 RAS:

Picture014a4angle.jpg

Picture027a5angle.jpg

Light Machine Gun:

A&K M249's: Mk2, Mk1, Para:

1230320.jpg

1230322.jpg

1230323.jpg

Lol, If you want I'll try to get it deleted.

I didn't know you were continuing it :P

Can you? I don't think you can... lol.

Look at you!

Already contributing to your new home!

Very informative and appreciated, at least by me ;)

Well done to you!

Hey thanks! but that sounded like you were talking to a puppy.. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

*Facepalm*

I knew this would come back to haunt me. Did this thread before I started college but I guess its a burden I must take care of now. :( In other aspect, its nice to see people actually looking at this and I'm pretty impressed that some of the stuff I've posted then are still considered 'news' to some today. :D

Updated as of 4-30-2008 (My Time)

M4/M16 series:

A&K M16A4

ank-m16a4-01.jpg

A&K SR25 (short)

ank-sr25k-01.jpg

A&K SR25 (long)

ank-sr25-01.jpg

A&K SPR (short)

ank-sprshort-01.jpg

A&K SPR (long)

ank-sprlong-01.jpg

AK series:

CYMA CM031C

gun_0218.jpg

CYMA CM031D

gun_0221.jpg

Dboys RK05

gun_0222.jpg

CYMA CM036

gun_0193.jpg

CYMA CM036 *Wood Version*

cm-036a-01.jpg

Hmmm.... nah. I said in red I won't include guns like the M14, AUG, G36.. etc... in other words, guns with not that much metal content in RS form. And the CYMA Thompson technically isn't full metal. I had it up at the start but took it down because owners said the lower receiver is plastic.

Put yea, I forgot the JP FAMAS since it was never full metal before now. :D

----

I take that back, I said I wouldn't include the FAMAS so I won't start now. :P

Edited by Revenge Seeker
Hmmm.... nah. I said in red I won't include guns like the M14, AUG, G36.. etc... in other words, guns with not that much metal content in RS form. And the CYMA Thompson technically isn't full metal. I had it up at the start but took it down because owners said the lower receiver is plastic.

Put yea, I forgot the JP FAMAS since it was never full metal before now. :D

----

I take that back, I said I wouldn't include the FAMAS so I won't start now. :P

Ahh well, I'd consider M14's mostly metal considering how heavy they are compared to an Armalite.

My CYMA thompson is full metal bar the plastic handguards and the standard mag =\ What crazy people do you talk to? lol

I guess when I read the title it said "Full MPEG Guide" lol Missed the metal part.