Nine Most Badass Bible Verses

WeirdoTransvestite

Wow, some people have gotten a little hot under the collar about it.

The Majority of religion focuses around one god, with the exception of Buddhism, which belive in a circle of life.

Real muslims aren't offended when it comes to someone questioning them about there faith, as they would like to point out there views on it.

Christians the same, Yes i am Agnostic for reasons being that if there was an all powerful "God" why hasn't he started the Apocalypse, or the plagues (which so far, i've seen happen to Animals).

If there was a god, why hasn't he made himself known to the world? .. why in all honesty does the bible contradict itself? .. maybe because some of it was lost in translation, prehaps some of it was removed by the church.

Or there's a deeper meaning that the church doesn't want us to know about.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, some people have gotten a little hot under the collar about it.

The Majority of religion focuses around one god, with the exception of Buddhism, which belive in a circle of life.

Real muslims aren't offended when it comes to someone questioning them about there faith, as they would like to point out there views on it.

Christians the same, Yes i am Agnostic for reasons being that if there was an all powerful "God" why hasn't he started the Apocalypse, or the plagues (which so far, i've seen happen to Animals).

If there was a god, why hasn't he made himself known to the world? .. why in all honesty does the bible contradict itself? .. maybe because some of it was lost in translation, prehaps some of it was removed by the church.

Or there's a deeper meaning that the church doesn't want us to know about.

Because God wants us to have faith. I am sure you understand the definition of faith; believing in something that does not have significant proof. The Bible is my proof. The rest is what is in my heart. A yearning to learn and a calling from God. That is why God has not shown himself, because he wants us to have faith. It should be enough proof that the world and life and the universe exist. How could something as complex as life have come out of a coincidence? Where did the universe come from? It is God. Now before you think, "but where did God come from?", don't. God is the present, the past, and future. He is forever. No beginning, no end. It is beyond a human mind's capabilities to understand it. Our logic says that there must be a beginning and an end.

That is why I am faithful to God. The bible, and the unvierse.

Because God wants us to have faith. I am sure you understand the definition of faith; believing in something that does not have significant proof. The Bible is my proof. The rest is what is in my heart. A yearning to learn and a calling from God. That is why God has not shown himself, because he wants us to have faith. It should be enough proof that the world and life and the universe exist. How could something as complex as life have come out of a coincidence? Where did the universe come from? It is God. Now before you think, "but where did God come from?", don't. God is the present, the past, and future. He is forever. No beginning, no end. It is beyond a human mind's capabilities to understand it. Our logic says that there must be a beginning and an end.

That is why I am faithful to God. The bible, and the unvierse.

So god isn't complicated like the universe or life then and so doesn't require a creator, he can occure through coincidence?

Your logic says there must be a begining and an end, mine doesn't.

But then, if there must be a begining and an end, then when did god begin? If he's always existed, then there is no begining.

So are you sure your logic says there must be a begining?

How can a loving god demand the slaughter of babies? Have you asked yourself that question?

So god isn't complicated like the universe or life then and so doesn't require a creator, he can occure through coincidence?

Your logic says there must be a begining and an end, mine doesn't.

But then, if there must be a begining and an end, then when did god begin? If he's always existed, then there is no begining.

So are you sure your logic says there must be a begining?

How can a loving god demand the slaughter of babies? Have you asked yourself that question?

God, slaughtering babies? You are incorrect. That is King Herod which declared the babies be killed because he was afraid Jesus would overule him. As for your other comment, you lost me there. What I am saying is, there is no beginning and no end to God. He has existed always. But, the human brain will question it because it is only logical that there HAS to be a beginning and there HAS to be an end. I do not expect you to understand it, Xaccers. Not yet anyways...

God, slaughtering babies? You are incorrect. That is King Herod which declared the babies be killed because he was afraid Jesus would overule him. As for your other comment, you lost me there. What I am saying is, there is no beginning and no end to God. He has existed always. But, the human brain will question it because it is only logical that there HAS to be a beginning and there HAS to be an end. I do not expect you to understand it, Xaccers. Not yet anyways...

Biblical Flood. Lots of babies died there.

The Flood happened because God was dissapointed with what happened to humanity. It had become so sinful and savage, that he wanted to start over. That, is why the flood happened.

And in it, God killed babies. Along with a lot of innocent animals.

As well as all the babies he killed in Egypt.

In general, I don't argue with religious people, because it always comes down to either "MY HOLY BOOK SAID" or "YOU JUST NEED FAITH" which is the debating equivalent of going "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALAALA".

Glad to see that's still the case.

I used to be very very religious, till i started to take notice to the messed up things happening around the world.

In general, I don't argue with religious people, because it always comes down to either "MY HOLY BOOK SAID" or "YOU JUST NEED FAITH" which is the debating equivalent of going "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALAALA".

I agree DarkLite, I had a "debate" with this kid when i was in high school, a catholic one, and he was telling me God was just and all that jazz. I asked him about all the innocent people that died in school shootings and bombings and he told me it was the will of God. I asked him several more questions, but he just told me it was the will of God.

At the next debate, he said that only Christian/(very devout) Catholics will go to Heaven. I asked him about Ghandi and the Dali Lama and he told me that they were going to hell, because they didnt believe in god and yada yada yada.

So, Gen.M, do you believe in the bible that was specifically written to make women inferior?

I lost all faith in the bible, but i still believe in God.

in b4 you fell sorry for me etc.

I used to be very very religious, till i started to take notice to the messed up things happening around the world.

I agree DarkLite, I had a "debate" with this kid when i was in high school, a catholic one, and he was telling me God was just and all that jazz. I asked him about all the innocent people that died in school shootings and bombings and he told me it was the will of God. I asked him several more questions, but he just told me it was the will of God.

At the next debate, he said that only Christian/(very devout) Catholics will go to Heaven. I asked him about Ghandi and the Dali Lama and he told me that they were going to hell, because they didnt believe in god and yada yada yada.

So, Gen.M, do you believe in the bible that was specifically written to make women inferior?

I lost all faith in the bible, but i still believe in God.

in b4 you fell sorry for me etc.

What do you mean, "make women inferior". No, it was written to save our wretched souls. Also, when the New Testament was written, it was during a time when women were thought to be inferior. Nothing in the Old Testament is followed anymore and many things in the New Testament no longer apply. Do you even know how to become a true Christian? A major bug with people, is that they don't even know how to become one. It says in the NT, that if you do not accept that Jesus died for your sins at the cross, then you shall be judged by God, and cast into the fiery pits of hell for eternity. You are not judged by God when you die based on good deeds. It is a matter of whether or not you accepted Jesus as your savior. So yes, Ghandi went to hell if he did not believe Christ was the savior. If you accept Christ and become a Christian, you will judged by God based on what he gave you, and what you did with what he gave you. I have noticed that typically, people leave their faith (like you) and it is truly sad just because you didn't understand it better. It is dificult to explain Christianity on a forum however. I am glad that you still believe in higher power, as that the beginning of the path. If you have any questions, it would be easier to ask them in email. I will PM it to you if you are interested.

And in it, God killed babies. Along with a lot of innocent animals.

As well as all the babies he killed in Egypt.

Glad to see that's still the case.

Did you not read what I said previously? It was KING HEROD who ordered the babies to be slayed. NOT God.

the book of lilith was omitted from the bible because she was a "free spirit"

all i know about Christianity is that people change things to suit their needs, so no emails hokay. I am Liberal Catholic that believes that some aspects of Buddhism, maybe all, are better that Christianity/Catholicism and i would like to stay that way.

So if Hitler believed that Jesus was the savior, he would also go to Heaven?

Also

God =creator of everything

Herod= baby killer

God= created Herod

God= Herod

God killed babies

PROVE ME WRONG

ps- how have i lost my faith?

Arguing religion on the Internet < arguing religion for real < ANYTHING ELSE

Guys, this "Christian" has no real clue about why (s)he believes what (s)he believes. (S)he admits that (s)he hasn't even read the Bible, yet chooses to "debate" its contents with people who have. It's common knowledge that most non-Christians have a greater knowledge of the Bible than Christians, which is probably why they don't call themselves Christian.

It's no possible to reason with this kind of blind fanaticism. Just smile, nod, and let them go on their way, happy in their ignorance.

Now, can we get back to laughing at the Bible quotes now? I laughed my *albartroth* off at those sites - everyone in my office was looking at me strangely

Did you not read what I said previously? It was KING HEROD who ordered the babies to be slayed. NOT God.

Did YOU not read what I wrote?

Biblical flood. Killed everyone except Noah and those aboard his ark.

INCLUDING BABIES.

Actually, I was refering to the slaughter of the Canaanites, where god ordered the slaughter of every man, woman and child by the sword.

Deuteronomy 7:1

1 When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you-

2 and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Archived