Nine Most Badass Bible Verses

WeirdoTransvestite

I am 15 to, and will atempt to defend Christianity as well as possible. Although I must admit I neither have read much of the Bible, but it is not because I might be tempeted to ask akward questions, but because, well my parents didn't really force me to or anything. And I don't think asking questions is a lack of faith.

Wow, some people have gotten a little hot under the collar about it.

The Majority of religion focuses around one god, with the exception of Buddhism, which belive in a circle of life.

Real muslims aren't offended when it comes to someone questioning them about there faith, as they would like to point out there views on it.

Christians the same, Yes i am Agnostic for reasons being that if there was an all powerful "God" why hasn't he started the Apocalypse, or the plagues (which so far, i've seen happen to Animals).

If there was a god, why hasn't he made himself known to the world? .. why in all honesty does the bible contradict itself? .. maybe because some of it was lost in translation, prehaps some of it was removed by the church.

Or there's a deeper meaning that the church doesn't want us to know about.

Ok, God hasen't started the Rapture and Tribulation because not all countries haven't heard about Christianity.

God has made himself known to the world, hence the Bible.

The Bible doesen't contradict itself, if you read it in context.

Nothing was lost in the translation of the Bible, I don't know much on the subject, so why don't you go look it up and tell us what you find? Cause I'd be interested.

So you admit that God has killed babies. Ever hear of the Angel of Death, and the death of the First Born? You know, a biblical plague?

God's a vengeful ######.

Yes technicly God killed babies.

That was one of the plauges brought apon Egypt (duh) but God provided a way out, if you put the blood of a lamb on the door posts, and over the door then the Angel of Death would pass over you. God protected his people, and killed those who didn't listen.

the book of lilith was omitted from the bible because she was a "free spirit"

all i know about Christianity is that people change things to suit their needs, so no emails hokay. I am Liberal Catholic that believes that some aspects of Buddhism, maybe all, are better that Christianity/Catholicism and i would like to stay that way.

So if Hitler believed that Jesus was the savior, he would also go to Heaven?

Also

God =creator of everything

Herod= baby killer

God= created Herod

God= Herod

God killed babies

PROVE ME WRONG

ps- how have i lost my faith?

Yes Hitler would have gone to heaven, but he would have had to believed that:

1 by the grace of God he would be saved

2 if he belived that he would have repented of his sins, and his actions changed

Because God created Herod, does not mean God=Herod, idk where the heck you got that from

You have lost your faith, but you do continue to believe in Intelegent Design. You are not saved.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh lawl.

please talk about the book of lilith. all the christians i talk to always avoid or change the subject.

So being narrow minded makes you guys better than the rest of us?

edit: you guys are just 15, wait until you get older and see a lot more messed up things thats deemed "the will of god"

Yes technicly God killed babies.

That was one of the plauges brought apon Egypt (duh) but God provided a way out, if you put the blood of a lamb on the door posts, and over the door then the Angel of Death would pass over you. God protected his people, and killed those who didn't listen.

Is it "just" to slaughter people for someone else's crime?

If your town mayor etc was found guilty of something, should you be punished for it?

Incidently, what of the Canaanite children who were run through with swords at god's command?

How about the children who will die if what the book of revelations says is true?

How can the murder of children be reconsiled with the idea of a loving being?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions or known that these things have/will occur according to the bible or is it all news to you?

The Bible doesen't contradict itself, if you read it in context.

Nothing was lost in the translation of the Bible,

I must admit I neither have read much of the Bible

Obviously you're quite confused. Please come back later when you've thought it through some more. My tip of the day would be for you to stop insulting other people's points of view.

Honestly I've never heard of the book of Lilith.

I'm not better than anyone, and sorry if it came off that way: Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

As far as narrow minded, I don't think I am. I've all the evidence against Evolution, and all that other stuff. Love going to a Christian school.

I said i don't know much about the Bible, but i do know that it doesn't contradict itself, and if it does, in context, please quote it

Your sin effects others, either directly or in directly Pharows sin caused death, just as Adam's sin did, in the garden of Eden.

I have never asked myself these questions, and they are good, i will seek answers, please give me some time.

I also have no knowlege about the Canaanite children, but i do not doubt that it is in the Bible.

There is only one of me and a lot of you, please allow some time, and i will see what i can do to answer.

Could you supposed grow-ups leave the lad alone and give him a bit of a wide bearth? He's showing willingness to listen and understand and you should be mature enough to talk sensibly or just leave it.

Thank you Fred, at least you aren't following the amazing way in these threads in which people manage to completely ignore when someone's trying to propose an opposing argument or even just have a conversation.

Basically the point people are trying to get across is that what you have been taught may not necessarily be the only way, it's up to you to decide and want to learn more about it yourself and gain a greater understanding. No one knows for sure how fallible, rewritten or lost in translation the bible is but it's your faith and if you keep it to yourself no one will bother you about it.

No one is trying to bash Christianity so you have no reason to defend it. Xaccers for example is just showing what exellent knowledge and understanding he has of it and merely trying to show his interpretation of it, answering questions and allowing you to make up your own mind on it.

At least you aren't following the same thought process as General Mazaki of "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BUT I KNOW YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I'VE NEVER BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT IT" :)

Hmm...the bible was written by man, and what went in it was discussed at the council of nicea by man. The fact man wrote it makes me doubt it immediately because I have NEVER met a totally honest man. Not even my father. If it was written by a woman, there might be a chance... nahhh.

My total lack of faith in the bible was complete when I was speaking to an xtian who said that a child-molesting priest would go to heaven because he was a man of god whereas I as a good person but atheist would go to hell because I did not have faith. This woman said that if I do a good deed I should praise god, and if I did a bad one, it was the devils fault. That is total neglect and ignorance of one's own responsibilities and that is dangerous.

Yes I know, that one person is not representative of the entire faith. But it was a shocking and callous way to describe her own point of view.

Im all for anyone believing in god, boddhavistas (sic?), allah, or the Celestial Flying Teapot (which really DOES exist!)...but when someone uses a faith to make excuses for their own ignorance and replaces self-awareness and responsibility with gospel...they become what I call 'religiously ill'. Their blindness to fact on the basis of faith has retarded their development and at that point they need re-hab just like any addict.

This is another reason I believe personally in a ban on entry to faith-specific buildings for under 12s. Just think of what damage alcohol or narcotics can do to a formative mind. Religion, if taught wrongly, can cause the same severe damage.

My personal story btw: Father was Lithuanian Catholic, mother Anglican. They married in a Unitarian church (and many of the Lithuanian side would not attend...). They left me and my sister un-baptised to find our own paths. My sister studies Egyptology...I just couldnt find it in myself to believe texts written by a man's hand.

Only time will tell if Ive made the right choice.

General Mazaki, like most religious sheep, actually scares me.

Same here. Funny thing about that little debate:

"Enlighten me with what questions might suggest 'lack of faith' as you so boldly put it. "

*Xaccers replies accordingly*

"You are a pig, why are you trying to bring down my faith? What is your motivation? I have done nothing to you by believing what I believe. Please just leave."

I'm an agnostic and I'm generally opposed to the idea of religion, but christians don't bother me until they adopt the preachy, holier-than-thou attitude.

WHY???

Why do you think it needs you - a mere 15 year old - to "defend" it??

Because other "Christains" here won't.

Could you supposed grow-ups leave the lad alone and give him a bit of a wide bearth? He's showing willingness to listen and understand and you should be mature enough to talk sensibly or just leave it.

Thank you Fred, at least you aren't following the amazing way in these threads in which people manage to completely ignore when someone's trying to propose an opposing argument or even just have a conversation.

Basically the point people are trying to get across is that what you have been taught may not necessarily be the only way, it's up to you to decide and want to learn more about it yourself and gain a greater understanding. No one knows for sure how fallible, rewritten or lost in translation the bible is but it's your faith and if you keep it to yourself no one will bother you about it.

No one is trying to bash Christianity so you have no reason to defend it. Xaccers for example is just showing what exellent knowledge and understanding he has of it and merely trying to show his interpretation of it, answering questions and allowing you to make up your own mind on it.

At least you aren't following the same thought process as General Mazaki of "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BUT I KNOW YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I'VE NEVER BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT IT" :)

I guess I meant defend as in put up a reasonable agument. Thanks Samm

Hmm...the bible was written by man, and what went in it was discussed at the council of nicea by man. The fact man wrote it makes me doubt it immediately because I have NEVER met a totally honest man. Not even my father. If it was written by a woman, there might be a chance... nahhh.

My total lack of faith in the bible was complete when I was speaking to an xtian who said that a child-molesting priest would go to heaven because he was a man of god whereas I as a good person but atheist would go to hell because I did not have faith. This woman said that if I do a good deed I should praise god, and if I did a bad one, it was the devils fault. That is total neglect and ignorance of one's own responsibilities and that is dangerous.

Yes I know, that one person is not representative of the entire faith. But it was a shocking and callous way to describe her own point of view.

Im all for anyone believing in god, boddhavistas (sic?), allah, or the Celestial Flying Teapot (which really DOES exist!)...but when someone uses a faith to make excuses for their own ignorance and replaces self-awareness and responsibility with gospel...they become what I call 'religiously ill'. Their blindness to fact on the basis of faith has retarded their development and at that point they need re-hab just like any addict.

This is another reason I believe personally in a ban on entry to faith-specific buildings for under 12s. Just think of what damage alcohol or narcotics can do to a formative mind. Religion, if taught wrongly, can cause the same severe damage.

My personal story btw: Father was Lithuanian Catholic, mother Anglican. They married in a Unitarian church (and many of the Lithuanian side would not attend...). They left me and my sister un-baptised to find our own paths. My sister studies Egyptology...I just couldnt find it in myself to believe texts written by a man's hand.

Only time will tell if Ive made the right choice.

OK, i don't know what half that meant, but i highly doubt that "what went in it was discussed at the council of nicea by man" that happend, idk, don't know much on the actual history of the physical Bible, buy heck, least it was God-inspired.

Oh, and I'm sorry if you don't appriciate my sig, if you had read the rest of it would have noticed I quoted Lightning10, but I guess I do see where your coming from

OK, i don't know what half that meant, but i highly doubt that "what went in it was discussed at the council of nicea by man" that happend, idk, don't know much on the actual history of the physical Bible, buy heck, least it was God-inspired.

The Council of Nicea is established historical fact, and has been referenced in many criticisms of the Bible because it basically cherry-picked texts to support notions that the early Christian church wanted to promote over other agendas. 'Inspired by God' hardly applies to the work of a cabal of men.

meh I keeel you!!! all of you!!!

bring back the funky bible quotes this thread was meant to be about - I can get the rest of this twaddle just by being daft enough to answer the front door to any one of a collection of cranks :P

and anyways Northern Soul is still the only faith worth keeping :D

Fred, you scare me.

Simple rules of debating:

If you make a point based on evidence, YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. If you use the bible as a source, at least READ IT.

Now, to a point that still isn't resolved.

Killing Babies.

Millions of them died in the biblical flood. No way out was offered, no quarter given.

I have yet to meet a SINGLE Christian - and believe me, I've been thrown out of churches before asking bishops about this - that can give me an answer as to how a caring, omnipotent god could have killed millions of innocent babies, by his own hand.

So Fred, the ball's in your court now. Please, do try to answer, see if you can surprise me, where even bishops have failed.

There is an age of accountability that babies of a certain age will not sin but when thier old enough they know right from wrong, the ones that say die at a certain age will go to heaven. I am byno means a religious zelic and am not trying to be a bible thumper or anything,

Nothing was lost in the translation of the Bible, I don't know much on the subject, so why don't you go look it up and tell us what you find? Cause I'd be interested.

Eh--wasn't the Bible translated from Hebrew, to Greek, to Olde English, to English? Many things get lost in translation just going from Hebrew to Greek, much less from Hebrew to Greek to English.

Funny thing is, my parents are avid Christians who hate everything that's just been listed to have happened in the Bible.

Actually, started in Hebrew and Aramaic, then translated from there.

*edit - much as I hate Wikipedia, this is a decent article, though far from scholarly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations

Yeah the bible has some interesting mistranslations that Jerome made. Like Moses having horns lol

But as for the babies and the flood, "technically" he chose him as the purest descendant of Adam, and the reason the rest of the foo's got killed was because they were conceived from humans and angels.(Yes that is in the Bible, even the Nazi(jk) led majority's version, Genesis 6:1-4)

So yeah thats the "i take the bible literally" idea. Story of Noah in actual terms to me/most intelligent Christians="God will not wipe out the Earth"

At one time(When i read the Da Vinci code) i read alot of the gnostic books, visited a museum that had the Sea Scrolls while they were on tour, and sucked in a bunch of this stuff. Book of Enoch goes on to describe the gifts of the fallen angels to mankind....

Fred, this is out of our hands. It is pointless to argue. These people's believes are based on facts. Ours are based on faith. Let us leave them to wallow in their grime. I will argue no more. No one wants to actually listen. They just have a disgusting motivation that I do not understand. We try to save them, and they laugh. I'm out of here. To the rest of you, have a nice day in Hell.

Because other "Christains" here won't.

You miss the point. As usual for one trying to "defend" religion.

IT DOESN'T NEED YOU TO DEFEND IT. If - IF - Christianity needs defending, it has the Pope, numerous Cardinals, Archbishops, and all varieties of priests to do it, all INFINITLY more qualified to do so than you are, since at least most of them have actually bothered to STUDY their religion and holy texts.

Maybe those other "Christains" (Christ-stains? I like it.) know that, and are secure enough in their beliefs that they don't need to "defend" them to others. That you think you need to only speaks about your insecurities about what you "believe"

Much thanks to RedScare for trying to get this back on topic. :)

Fred, this is out of our hands. It is pointless to argue. These people's believes are based on facts. Ours are based on faith. Let us leave them to wallow in their grime. I will argue no more. No one wants to actually listen. They just have a disgusting motivation that I do not understand. We try to save them, and they laugh. I'm out of here. To the rest of you, have a nice day in Hell.

We are motivated by more than blind faith. It helps, when making the case for your religion, to actually know WTF you're talking about, and you clearly don't. A proud product of a Christian education, are you?

lol, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses, only 144,000 people will receive immortal life in heaven as co-rulers with Christ

Ill meet you at the sauna. I hear that its well maintained down there. :rolleyes:

Archived