get rid of visible post counts?

just a thought but is there anyway we could just make post counts internal like the warn level type thingy? ie viewable to mods and the individual him/herself?

would cut out the incentive for post whoring, and cut out any post count superiority/inferiority complexes that some folks seem to suffer from from time to time on boards. Although this board doesnt suffer from that it would be a pretty cool and obvious message to anyone joining that post counts dont really count for anything on here?

TBH ive not come across any complexes regarding post count, but I guess I registered in Juneish and didnt properly start posting till September; im not the best person to judge.

Really, I cant see anything bad coming of internalising the post count, so Im all for it.

Also, I can still see new member post whoring to get to the mandatory 100 req'd to view the UK for sale threads...

Edited by Boltrig

I'm sure its possible, but the problem I see is that anyone who's fixated on post count will just look at the join date or member number if we make post counts invisible so someone down the line will want those made invisible too and before long we'll be posting anonymously with only you and mods being able to see who posted what ;) .

I'm sure its possible, but the problem I see is that anyone who's fixated on post count will just look at the join date or member number if we make post counts invisible so someone down the line will want those made invisible too and before long we'll be posting anonymously with only you and mods being able to see who posted what ;) .

then hide em all and just leave name and location Is probably the only parts of any of it that matters :)

though actually I quite like that idea of not knowing who posted what ..give it long enough and Im sure a few folks would even reply to their own old posts lol