KTW Mossin Nagant sniper rifle

chas

More like 13 real ones... You can frequently find Mosin Nagants on sale at Big 5 for $69.95. KTW's version is listed at $964.99 on Redwolf. :P

I was talking more of PO or PU versions, but yeah I know what you mean. I remember picking up an M38 for $59.

-edited for redundancy

ktwmosinsniper0111ajs3.th.jpg

ktwmosinsniper0412em9.th.jpg

'KTW: Mosin Nagant Sniper in Colour This is a follow up of a previous news about KTW's sniper version of venerable Mosin Nagant. Source of picture is NodaYa, and naturally, picture is clickable.'

Previous News:

KTW is at this time only manufacturer of replica Mosin Nagant. Mosin is one of the few weapons, which are truly legendary. Sniper version will be a complete replica of the real one, down to the charging handle and scope with scope mount.

Price is a bit steep- 138,000 Yen (830.98 EUR); replica will be most probably available some time next year. Data courtesy of NodaYa shop.

What it comes down to for me is if I can muster up the cash to get one or get the time and patience to make one...

Looking awesome! Downside will probabily be the price: KTW have cheap shotties and expensive rifles, like their japanese WWII rifle (camt remember the name).

Check it out at:

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_images/new...sniper_0412.jpg

The Jap gun is an Arisaka. Its a modified mauser that turned out to be a weak P.O.S.

Too bad you can probably buy 3 to 5 real ones for the price of what that thing is going to cost :(

so?

i HATE it when people say stuff like that. this is arniesairsoft, that means if you're on this forum you enjoy running round and shooting people at the weekends as a nice legal activity. now what use is a RS for that?

the reason these cost more than RS is pretty obvious, these havent been produced in their thousands in some eastern bloc arms factory. if you want to winge about the price go ahead, it does seem a bit steep, just dont then go ranting about how real ones are less, ITS IRRELIVENT!

so?

i HATE it when people say stuff like that. this is arniesairsoft, that means if you're on this forum you enjoy running round and shooting people at the weekends as a nice legal activity. now what use is a RS for that?

the reason these cost more than RS is pretty obvious, these havent been produced in their thousands in some eastern bloc arms factory. if you want to winge about the price go ahead, it does seem a bit steep, just dont then go ranting about how real ones are less, ITS IRRELIVENT!

Yup i agree with you, want to talk about RS, then go to an RS forum, thats all i see in this news section about a new replica "oh but the RS is much cheaper" so bloody what, who cares?

Thats one of the reasons why i never read the news section anymore because people will always say the RS version is cheaper. :rolleyes:

Moving that aside.

It looks nice, something that if i had the cash, then i would buy one, purely because its a russian legend and it really does enhance anyone's airsoft collection. :D

so?

And I hate when people feel the need to point out you can't shoot your friends with a real gun. Really?! Oh gee, so sorry - I keep forgetting <_<

I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but some of us actually have more than one hobby. And sometimes two hobbies are so closely related that they tend to bleed over into each other. I own a real ACOG and a real EOtech 552, and I use them on my airsoft guns. Do I do this to be pretentious or holier than thou (as was suggested by someone in another thread about replica optics)? No, I do it because I spent a metric shibbyload on these optics, for my real M4, and want to get as much use out of them as possible.

On the other hand, if I want a Mosin Nagant type weapon to mess around with, and have a choice between spending $100 or $1000, I'll spend the $100 - because that leaves me $900 more to spend on other things (including but not limited to other real or replica weapons).

Part of that reasoning is because, although they're cool rifles, neither the real or replica is very practical thing to own - I may feel differently if I had a specific need for one or the other. Though I'm often ammused by fact that most the people wanting replicas like this want them because of movie ABC or video game XYZ, and would quickly tire of the 10 pounds and 52" involved in lugging the beast around for an extended game. Add to that the fact that it's a manual action, shoots at stock TM velocities with little or no upgrade potential, an antiquated design no longer in use by national militaries, and made in limited quantities and it firmly puts this piece in a "collector" nitche. The only real purpose to own this replica is to do a dead to balls impression for photo ops or to hang on your wall. For those purposes, I can do the same thing, for less than 1/10 the price, with a real one.

True, some people use the price comparison out of ignorance, unable to comprehend the reason a replica may cost more than the real thing. But some of us just use the price comparison as a way of illustrating our thought process, and explaining why, personally, the cost for value is not sufficient to make us want to purchase it. This is, after all, a forum where we are supposedly encouraged to share our opinions, is it not?

Likewise, I understand that in countries like Japan and the UK, where the cost and effort of aquiring a real version may far outstrip the cost of the replica, the cost to value may be perceived differently. To each their own. I won't judge anyone for wanting/buying the replica, but don't judge me for deciding that (even though I may like/want the replica) I'd rather buy the real thing and may make the mistake os speaking my mind about that fact.

Archived