TM1911 Woes

RockDog

Hi all, well I finally found an exploded diagram which has helped me place where most of the parts go. But I have now realised I am missing a tiny spring from the blowback mecanism, its about 3mm wide and about 6mm high. I have found it on UN company site, but they say they have no idea when its back in stock. Is there anywhere in the uk that I can get one off? I have the part number ( GM1-48 ) if anyone can help it would be great.

Many thanks

Nick

Ah. That spring on my gun is actually a loading nozzle spring clipped to fit. I have also heard of folks using the spring from a ball point pen (clicky type of course). You just want it to be strong enough to engage the lock, since it will be cleared by the action of the slide.

Right, Mike has kindly offered to have alook through his spares stock on Thursday for me, and Den Trinity said I could put in a special order with them but it would take at least 6months for delivery.

Im really hoping Mike has it in stock otherwise Im up the creek :(

Im at the point now where I would gladly pay a retailer for a full TM1911 and just get them to send me just the internals (because im not UKARA, but I am 28), so they could sell the rest on as spares to other people that need them. Would this be legal for me to repair my broken pistol, also would I be asking to much of a retailer, I understand there would obviously be a charge ontop. But I have spent alot and im not getting anywhere. Would love to have it up and running for xmas.

See how desperate I am now :(

Cheers

Nick

I can understand your frustration Nick.

I have experienced some very similar problems recently.

If you are going down this road you might be best discussing this with a UK retailer as it is bound to save alot of hassle.

Plus you will save on shipping and possible customs fees.

I know Airsoft Direct are selling the 1911 for a very good price, Zero One have a good sale on at the moment as well.

Have you actually tried emailing all the HK retailers?

I know it is a pain but write a generic email and send it to every retailer you can think of. (Try Marc at Airsoft Global as well)

You might be suprised with the results. Worth a go anyway.

Hi Chris, thanks for the help.

I have emailed all the major HK retailers, and all they have come back to me with is 'we have no idea when the spares will be back in stock' and not being Ukara, I dont want to risk importing a full gun.

I will try and ask some of the companies you mentioned below mate and see how I go on, hopefully someone can help me.

Will let you know how I get on matey

Cheers

Nick

These type of things are so frustrating at the time, I mean how come in the big wide world of airsoft you cant find the part you want :P but when you get it sorted it is a great feeling :D

I think Mike is the best place to go for spares in the UK, I know thats where I will be going from now on!

Ive got my eye on a set of the Pachmayrs he is selling just now :D

What a top bloke, the rpelacement parts are arriving tomorrow, so may be up and running for ekkend. Will post some pics when the Delta is all built. Does anyone know what size silencer is on catmans hitman pistol in his signature by the way?

Its a King Arms Delta Force if that is any use?

Click on the picture in his sig for more details.

Edit.

Just found it on Zero One.

It is 110mm x 30mm

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html

Link doesnt go straight to the silencer but have a look and you will find it.

well I now have a working 1911 in the delta frame. It all works great. but I did have one problem. I have had to use the original outer barrel. If I fitted the shooters design (which I wanted to use because it was silver and threaded) or the PGC one that came with the delat kit, the top slide would blow back ok but then not go all the way forward. Its like its jamming on something, but I cant for the life of me tell what it is.

I have heard SD arnt the best, so does anyone know where to get another outer barrel that is silver and threaded for a silencer? Then I will be one happy chappy

To be honest I have only ever seen a black threaded outer barrel for the TM 1911.

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ch&iStage=1

There is a silver barrel on that page also but not threaded. (Both are near the bottom)

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Edit.

You can probably get some sort of silencer adaptor for the silver barrel. If you can find one it will probably be black but you wouldnt really see it I suppose.

Unfortunately I am just speculating about the silencer adaptor though as I am not sure if I have ever seen one for 1911.

Im sure someone else will know though.

Im sure one of the 1911 experts will be along soon. Someone will be able to help.

Why dont you post your question in the TM 1911 thread? Might get a quicker respone.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=109629

Good luck.

Edit.

Its likely that its something inside thats the problem, seeing as its happening with both the metal barrels.

Archived